Skip to comments.7 signs you love your dog more than your spouse
Posted on 04/01/2014 7:36:55 AM PDT by Sir Napsalot
You really can't compare the love you have for a spouse or significant other to your love of a dog the two are very different. But it can be easy to get in the habit of showering your adorable canine with love and attention. Dogs actively seek and expect affection, while a loved one may not. This might sometimes leave your partner with a sense that you love the family pet more than you love him. Before you jump into marriage counseling, take a look at our list to see if you truly do love your dog more than your spouse.
1. You greet your dog first when you come home.
You walk through the door after a long day or a trip away and shower your pup with hugs and kisses but don't give the same treatment to your significant other. While your spouse might not need or want immediate cuddle time, be sure he knows you missed him just as much.
You also need to beware of causing behavior issues when greeting your dog. Trainer Mikkel Becker advises that you shouldn't turn your hellos and goodbyes into emotional scenes because they can be distressing for your pooch. This practice can exacerbate separation anxiety and increase your dog's distress at being left alone.
2. You shower your dog with compliments.
You tell him multiple times a day what a handsome boy he is, but you rarely bother to tell your husband he looks great in that suit or fantastic in that new shirt. Men appreciate compliments, too!
3. You constantly post pictures of your dog online.
(Excerpt) Read more at living.msn.com ...
On the flip side, I never have to shovel up the wife’s poo.
Can’t post the whole article. Read the rest at link.
Oh you likely do that, just not in a literal sense.
Or give her a flea bath.
All I have is a dog ^^
Do not even want a spouse.
7. You set aside a trust fund in your estate for your dog, but divorce your wife.
Put your wife and dog in the trunk. Take them for a ride.
Who’s happy to see you when you open the trunk?
True enough... for now.
LOL. I've known some guys that practically had to eat it.
Might be because the dog is the only one that greets me when I get home. The wife is parked on the couch with her face stuck to an electronic device.
The only other one to greet me is the cat, but it just wants food.
The dog dragged me into a wall and cost me 13 stitches.
Honestly the wife has never done anything like that.
Some chef once said that her favorite animal is Lamb because it’s cute on the hoof and delicious on the plate.
It sorta touches on how I feel about my dog. He’s really great and it took me a LONG time to warm up to him. He’s like another person in the family. But he is a dog. He is not human, and he is not made in God’s image.
I understand that what I interpret as human thoughts of endearment on his part is really just him wondering if I have another Beggin’ Strip. But it is fun to imagine otherwise.
Give her time, giver her time...
Such is the existence of the domesticated male.
In order to prove that dogs deserve every bit of love and attention that they get, try this simple test:
1. Lock both your dog and your spouse in the trunk of your car on a midsummer morning.
2. Park the car in a War-Mart or other large asphalt-paved parking lot.
3. Come back in the afternoon, after the heat of the summer day has dissipated.
4. Open the trunk and let them out.
5. Which one is happy to see you?
Domesticated = Graduate of PW 101
You lucky dog.
Reminds me of something a friend of mine told me once.
It was something along the lines of I did my wife real good, and she gave me permission to go buy a new 60” TV...
1. You can enjoy a beer all month long.
2. You don’t have to wine and dine a beer.
3. Beer stains wash out.
4. Beer doesn’t have to get a new dress for a party.
5. Beer never has a headache.
6. When a beer goes flat, you just toss it out.
7. Beer is never late.
8. Beer doesn’t have a birthday for you to forget.
9. Beer doesn’t get jealous when you grab another beer.
10. Beer doesn’t argue with you about when to drink it.
ll. You always know that you are the first one to pop a beer.
l2. Beer doesn’t get upset when you come home and decide to have another beer.
13. Beer never threatens to go to a lawyer.
14. Beer labels come off without a fight.
15. A beer always goes down easy.
16. You can have more than one beer a night and not feel guilty.
17. No court has ever granted a beer alimony payments.
18. You can share a beer with your friends.
19. After you have had a beer, the bottle is still worth something.
20. Hangovers go away.
21. Beers never require expensive permanent and hair tints.
22. Beer is always wet.
23. If you change beers, you don’t have to pay alimony.
24. You don’t have to wash a beer before it tastes good.
25. If you pour your beer right, you’ll always get a good head.
26. Beer can be easily eliminated.
27. Beer is only stopping by, it doesn’t stay around and nag.
28. Beer doesn’t demand equality.
29. A frigid beer is a good beer.
30. You don’t have to take expensive flowers home to your beer.
31. Beer never complains about when you come for it.
32. You don’t have to take your beer to a psychiatrist to get it to bubble.
33. You can have a beer in public.
34. You can see through a beer and you know what you are getting.
35. When your beer gets upset, it settles down.
36. Beer is subject to quality control and doesn’t argue about it.
37. Beer doesn’t talk back to you and ask a lot of silly questions.
38. Beer doesn’t ask you to take a lie detector test about when you had the
39. Beer doesn’t have a Mother that goes with it.
40. If you drop a beer, there is no doctor bill.
41. Beer doesn’t have anniversaries for you to forget.
42. Beer doesn’t demand that you take it dancing before you can have it.
43. Beer doesn’t have relatives that stop by and stay for weeks.
44. When you buy a beer, you own it.
45. Beer never cries or gets jealous.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.