Skip to comments.Get Over It! Al Gore Was Never Going To Be President...And, Here's Why...
Posted on 06/13/2013 3:01:24 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Megan McCardle, writing in The Daily Beast, wrote today in an article entitled 'No, Democrats Did Not Just Want to "Count All the Votes" in the 2000 Election':
'Ironically, I suspect that if Gore had simply unilaterally requested a statewide manual recount, or the Florida Supreme Court had forced one upon him, the United States Supreme Court would have probably stayed out of it. But they didnt, and as they say, the rest is history.'
And, it still wouldnt have made any difference. For all of the rending of garments by Al Gore and the rest of the Left and Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's recent remarks, NONE of this would have made any difference.
At the time, the Florida Supreme Court had been acting in contravention of the law on point and, in fact, claimed that the controlling law didnt apply any longer.
Could the Florida State Legislature have intervened and chosen the states presidential electors itself?
under Article II, Section I, Clause 2 of the Constitution, which states:
Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.
Not could have the Florida State Legislature intervened and appointed the electors, IT WAS PREPARING TO DO SO.
If the Florida Supreme Court had continued to interfere with the election, the Florida State Legislature, which was controlled by the Republicans, had absolute authority under the United States Constitution to name a slate of electors to cast the votes for the state in the Electoral College AND THE SUPREME COURTS OF FLORIDA AND THE UNITED STATES COULD NOT HAVE DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
This is the reason why Al Gores strategy to contest the election was never going to work.
The argument for the US Supreme Court to intervene was NOT to decide for one candidate or another. It was to prevent the Florida Supreme Court, which was stacked with left-wing hacks, from continuing to throw out controlling law and to make law from the bench, which was allowing County Board of Electors to count votes as they saw fit, count those parts of the county that they chose, count votes cast by non-citizens, etc. The Florida Supreme Court would have kept the ordeal going until it achieved the result it wanted: Al Gore winning Florida.
And, it didnt matter how many voters had to be disenfranchised to do it.
The US Supreme Court did not have to get involved and, in hindsight, it probably shouldnt have. The Florida State Legislature was about to act to stop the insanity anyway.
AL GORE WAS NEVER GOING TO BE PRESIDENT.
Eat it, Big Al!
Didn’t Al Gore just come out last week and make a statement to the effect he would invade other countries for their own good? He would have invaded Iraq.
After the dust settled, some news group (AP?) finished the hand count in those three counties and discovered that Al indeed narrowly.lost.
2. That is an equal protection violation. Since the 1960's the USSC has mandated that every vote in a state election must have the same weight as every other vote.
3. The USSC vote on equal protection, the key issue, was 7-2, but the media suppressed that. The 5-4 vote was whether to allow the FSC to try one more time to get it right or not. The majority said there wasn't enough time for them to try again and meet the Constitutional deadline.
4. After it was all over a group of MSM types, like NYT, WashPost, the big networks, did a freedom of information act request for every Florida ballot cast and had a Big 8 accounting firm do a simulated recount. They tried every method proposed by the Gore campaign and every time Bush won.
5. And that did not count the military votes the Gore campaign got county clerks to throw out. When Bush was declared the winner, the lawsuit to reinstate the military votes was dismissed. In my opinion they would have won - what Gore did was despicable.
6. The claim Gore really won the election is another leftist myth. Demonstrably false.
Liberalism is a mental disease.
Which means that in Democrats’ eyes, it wasn’t a fair election. A fair election is one they win.
That’s always been my argument to liberals. The bozo couldn’t even win his home state.
At that point I am usually called a racist.
i wonder if that is the first time a candidate has ever lost his own state?
He’s a tool with an average IQ.