Skip to comments.Iraq "Wedding Bombing" a Fraud
Posted on 06/01/2004 6:08:53 AM PDT by pabianice
Just reviewed a classified brief on the supposed wedding - no way it was.
Here are some unclass details I can provide (brief had lots of pictures to back up the details): > > >
- Weddings traditionally held on Thursdays in Iraq to take advantage of Friday as a day of rest - raid took place on Tuesday night.
- Only permanent dwelling at the site held large stocks of food, bedding, medical supplies (lots of these - was the wedding going to be a cage match of some sort or were the caterers just bad cooks?), ammunition and weapons, as well as an apparent document forging set up.
Meat was still frozen solid - not prepared for a wedding feast and there were no Stocks of dishes, plates, etc.
- Contrary to "media reports," no "Nuptial Tent" was found and a 1KM area around the site was searched - any further away than that would be just too far for the catering staff to walk carrying all those huge platters of food - against union rules.
- No evidence of any means of support for the house (like sheep farming which is most common in that area).
All evidence pointed to a smuggler way station - fit perfectly the description of several Other found in the past.
- "Wedding guests" (deceased of course) were almost all men of military age, only a couple of women, no elders at all and only one child (wounded) noted. All dressed as city dwellers, not bedouins who would hold a wedding at such a location. All of the deceased were sterilized, as in none had any form of ID on them at all. Only ID's found were in a nice neat stack inside the house - and then quite a few less of those than there were people at the site.
- Weapons were varied and included RPG's (they really suck when you fire them up in the air for celebration), there were also military binoculars (when they separate the men and women they have to look at each other with bino's I guess), and IED making material (party favors?).
- Lots of clothing prepackaged in pants and shirt sets (guerranimals for guerrilla's).
- There were also no gifts, no decorations, no food set out or left over, and the good bit of money recovered was all in the pockets of the "guests" (maybe they were just cheap guests). > > >
I strongly suspect that after their Foreign Fighter way station got whacked, they tried to set it up to look like what happened in Afghanistan when a wedding was actually hit due to celebratory firing being taken for ground fire by orbiting aircraft. I also would not put it past the scum bags to sweep a local village for approriately aged "guests" to kill and display for the TV cameras. Our BDA assessment was made by people on the site just after the schwacking and they took their time to count and exploit the site. This is just speculation on my part.
> > >
Bottom line assessment: Good hit - no wedding. These were foreign fighters that had just crossed into Iraq and got an early trip to paradise and the martyrdom hall of fame.
> > > Thought it was important to get this word out as much as possible as you won't see any of this on CNN. > > >
Take care, > > >
LtCol Bill Mullen, USMC
J-3, Deputy Director for Regional Operations
Why can't bad guys have weddings? Maybe it was both.
The truth is even worse! The military is covering up - it was a GAY WEDDING! Our homophobic military bombed a bunch of innocent gay men!!!!! [/sarcasm]
After the wedding the couple shared a huge climax. It was a boomer.
According to the after-action report, the assessment team was on the target for about an hour. That's plenty of time for them to have gotten the facts. I think LTCOL Mullen is right on target.
The FACTS found on the ground do
not support that a wedding took
In a hypothetical case, bad guys
could have weddings.
This is a fact-driven report of
an ACTUAL - not hypothetical-
Confiscated items are on display while Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, chief U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, unseen, speaks during a press conference in Baghdad, Iraq (news - web sites), Monday, May 24, 2004. The U.S. military introduced the photographs Monday to bolster its contention that American aircraft attacked a safehouse for foreign fighters near the Syrian border on Wednesday, May 19, 2004, not a wedding party, as claimed by Iraqi survivors and police and suggested by footage from the scene. (AP Photo/Karim Kadim)
I'm getting tired of the terrorists' claims that firing powerful weapons into the air is some ancient honorable mideast "tradition."
Not only was this a fraud, but they used the same technique in Afghanistan.
What time of the day did the strike occur? I thought that I heard somewhere that it was in the middle of the night, another strange time to have a wedding.
they say it was a wedding, but never who was getting married, if it was a wedding, then they would be saying poor mohammed and ishtar, they are dead now. no names though - no wedding.
It appears as though Scheherezade Faramarzi of the AP is a fraud. She knows what the traditional wedding day in Iraq is, and she refused to "report" it.
Perhaps someone can ferret out her email address, and ask her about it.
I would just like to know why we HAVE to allow these people
to keep their AK's for "celebrations", when the local police
here will come around and threaten to arrest me if I should
happen to shoot off some FIRECRACKERS to celebrate Independence
Why would anybody question the Iraqis? Didn't they establish their credibility when we bombed the baby milk factory?
Did they have any ricin, er uh rice to throw at the newlyweds?
Longbows just don't have the same report, and there's rarely that flame thing when they're discharged after dark!
Rather than take the AK's away from possibly freedom-loving Iraqis, sounds like you ought to get one of your own.
Operation The Destruction of Sodom and Gommorah
Seriously though I knew this was so fake right when I heard this "story" reported because it sounded like that faked "Afghan" wedding party story.
Axis Sally, Tokyo Rose, Hanoi Jane, and now Scheherezade, the Shriek of Araby.
No, it's only when thou takest a wife. When thou takest a goat is a much more solemn and holy rite, and besides, you have to put your AK-47 down because you'll need both hands free to please thyself and the goat.
So come up with some circumstantial evidence to support this assertion.
The media dogs were way too eager to call this one a wedding for me to believe it. If they wait for facts to come out, it's much less damaging.
I wasn't making any kind of argument-- just throwing out the possibility that it was both.
Yes, but I've seen very little evidence to support the theory that a wedding was going on at all. That belated, suspect video is about all I can think of right now.
Not sure where you are in the J-3 food chain, but someone needs to get this to Brett Baier of FNC. Brett will run with it, even if the rest of the media outlets ignore it. This confirms my original suspicions about that so-called "wedding."
Wow! The bride and groom's families must not get along too well.
Seriously, this is too little, too late. The military and the CPA are losing the propaganda war, badly, and need to figure out how to better-react to events like this.
That's good enough right there. That was no wedding reception.
You know what? It doesn't matter. The terrorists, with their willing accomplices in the media got the lie out and they've moved on.
that is way too funny.LMAO!
That's fine. I don't have a dog in this fight.
And we will see this enumerated on ABC, CNN, CBS, MSNBC, ect tonight? HAH! I believe the military people who examine these sites for a living and to aid in keeping our Soldiers alive. The alphabet media prefers to believe the lying Arab media because it suits the American media's campaign to get their socialist freak Kerry elected.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.