Skip to comments.Kerry no-show in intelligence committee-Missed 38 of 49 public hearings in 8 years
Posted on 08/02/2004 4:44:02 AM PDT by treeclimber
WASHINGTON Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry missed most of the public hearings of the Senate Intelligence Committee during his eight years on the panel, according to his colleagues.
During his tenure on the committee, which provides oversight of national intelligence agencies, Kerry was absent for 38 of 49 public hearings, according to Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.
"There's been a total avoidance of discussion of the voting record of John Kerry," said Chambliss last week, following Kerry's acceptance of the Democratic presidential nomination. "But that's not surprising. There's one area that he claims to have a lot of expertise and that's in the area of national security and on the issue of terrorism."
Chambliss said Kerry's vice presidential candidate, John Edwards, is a current member of the committee, "And I'll just tell you that in the last year and a half we haven't seen a whole lot of his running mate. And I would hope that he would agree to release to you the record of his attendance at meetings and hearings of the Senate Intelligence Committee over the last year and a half, or his total service on that committee."
Chambliss also questioned some of the votes Kerry did cast.
"For example, in1993 after the World Trade Center bombing Senator Kerry introduced a number of measures that were to reduce funding for the intelligence community by $7.5 billion, including a bill that he introduced in 1995 that called for the reduction in funding for the intelligence committees and intelligence communities by $300 million a year for five consecutive years," he said.
Chambliss points out those five years led up to Sept. 11. Kerry did not get any co-sponsors on that bill.
"He's been in the Senate for 20 years," said Chambliss. "Nobody has come to the platform to say, 'This is what John Kerry has done in his 20 years in the Senate.' They're not doing that because they can't do that."
Senator Kerry couldn't even bothered to be kept informed of the most crucial developments facing our country and he wants us to trust him as President? Last month in New York City, he admitted he was too busy to receive a national security briefing. But he wasn't too busy allowing Whoopi Goldberg to utter an X-rated rant against the President that he described as the embodiment of American values. At least we know his priorities. He wants to get elected and everything, including the safety of our country, is secondary to that objective.
Well, Junior, how about it? How many have you missed?
This information has to be hammered over and over again by the Bush campaign. It's a simple message that even the dems could understand.
Has he read the recommendations? I doubt it....been too busy dreaming up new excuses for every faux statement he makes.
You're damn right in your summation.
The guy can't even SHOW UP to do his job ?
And the idiot, liberal-demokkkRAT voters in Taxachusettes keep returning him and the bloated, alcoholic murderer, Kennedy, to office. What a disgrace of a state.
Oh well, the Senate "career" looks like it has just
been a stepping stone to bigger and better things,
a sham - like the illustrious three and some weeks
military "career". Another sham President, just what
we need after 8 long yrs. of the Clintons.
Kerry has said he has the answers. He just will not tell us what they are until after he is elected. That's just too great a price to pay to find out what they are. I, for one, will do all I can to keep his answers secret. That said, I would hope the Senator would provide, sooner rather than later, the answer to one very troubling question: Where are the F***ING balloons?
I mean it's going to be like shooting ducks in a barrel. John Kerry - missed 38 of 49 hearings for this, 22 of 30 hearings for that, missed 90% of his senate votes, and on and on. John Kerry - the "absentee" senator.
There will be absolutely no defense that Kerry will have to all of this. What's he going to do, bring up Bush's "spotty" National Guard attendance from 30 years ago? Too bad, that's old news already.
The Bush campaign is playing it smart. They are saving all this ammunition for the fall. The ads pointing out Kerry's failure to carry out the senatorial duties he was elected to perform are going to be devastating. I can see one of them now...A short clip of Kerry at the DNC saying "John Kerry reporting for duty..." and then a laundry list of all the missed votes and meetings over the past years.
It's going to be fun to watch.
Also...it would be a nice touch for the Bush campaign to insert clips at the end of the ads showing Kerry skiing, bicycling and snowboarding, etc. Kerry sets aside plenty of time for these activities but he rarely has time to show up and actually do his job.
This could be huge.
The ad might be captioned "The return of the prodigal son", or to continue the theme "The return of the AWOL senator,"
Dude, give the guy a break.
What's he supposed to do when there's new poweder on the slopes? Big waves on the beach? High winds for his kiteboard?
"I can see one of them now...A short clip of Kerry at the DNC saying "John Kerry reporting for duty..." and then a laundry list of all the missed votes and meetings over the past years. "
And dollars to donuts there will be an ad almost exactly with that script. The Republicans are smart enough to show that dorky salute over and over again.
FACTS DON'T MATTER TO KERRY. ALL HE NEEDS TO KNOW ARE THE DEMANDS OF THE FOLLWING GROUPS, which comprise the majority of the democRAT party. Please note that the average, working guy is not found anywhere on the list.
The democrat convention in Boston was nothing but an exercise in putting a new dress on an old whore.
The convention planners had to hide all their extremists from public view. WE DID NOT SEE THE CONSTITUENTS OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY:
· the hateful gays and lesbians, who in addition to their nights of sinful debauchery, covet our most precious our children;
· the violent Marxists that hate freedom and individual wealth, yet want to run the country;
· the hateful atheists and Christian-haters who hate Christians and "tradition-only" Jews who hate truly spiritual Jews;
· the educationalists hate parents who would raise children with ethics and morals, who design the perverse curricula designed to indoctrinate our children with hate-America and free-sex ideas;
· the vile and hateful abortionists rejoicing as they kill baby after baby and strive to silence the pro-lifers;
· the hateful feminists whose contempt of men knows no limits;
· the union thugs who shake down corporations and beat up those that just want to work;
· the zombie-like bureaucrats who run the legions of non-performing, paper-shuffling goobermint employees (military excepted) who vote democrat just because a republican president might actually expect them to work;
· society-dependent families and individuals who take advantage of every hand-out program in America and vote only for those who promise more goodies for them;
· the bitter socialists who want to sap the productivity of the producers and capitalists by penalizing profits;
· the intellectual elite who hate everything that America stands for, and prattle on and on as to the evils of our society, but, havent the capacity to think their way out of a paper bag, let alone be productive members of the American economy. According to them, government control of our lives good, but individuals choosing their own path and having success bad.
· the hateful racial "dividers" who blame the evil white man for all their cultural problems, and demand more and more of the your hard labors as compensation;
· the open-border racists who invite floods of illegals into this country and then encourage them to sign up for all the freebees;
· the gun-haters who hate the that honest Americans might have a gun in their home, or worse yet, that some of them have license to carry it under their coats
· And the (not so) hateful, but brain-dead suburban soccer moms who really have no clue, except that they want abortion to remain unrestricted, and think their most important purpose in this world is to have tea with their towns Superintendent of schools so their kids get the best teachers.
WE DID NOT SEE THE TRUE FACE OF DEMOCRATS at the Boston convention but they were there nonetheless. These hateful people had to sit on their hands and keep their mouths shut; allowed only to clap their hands, flash big smiles and cheer their leaders lies. They looked just like you and me at the convention, but they were impossible to spot. But, they were there as certain as the sun rises in the east!
Being democrat is synonymous with being dishonest. Except for their voting base, the only way the democrats can convince people to vote for them is to pretend they are normal people. You can dress them up, but you cant change whats inside theyre rotten to the core.