To: All; drtom
As a canadian FReeper I am shock and disgust from reading the this thread.
Shocked and disgusted?
Not me. It says more about the person posting, than about what is said. I presume you are refering to adverse comments. Again the offer is to those who have suffered. Taking my daughter and grand daughters over to Chippewa County, Michigan for the County Fair tommorow. Never had anything but a welcome in 40 years of going.
We are twin cities and each has helped the other during emergencies over the years. Perhaps I digress, but anyway, keep the faith.
- You took in our planes after we shut down our airspace on 9/11.
- You housed me for a week, fed me and took me fishing so that "time would pass".
- Your people moved out of their house into a tent because they thought "I could really use a good bed".
- You were the only country that donated blood for the 9/11 victims and you rivalled our own per capita donations.
- You went to Afghanistan with us without hesitation to find the perpetrators.
- After each hurricane, wildfire or flood you send your power and telecom crews to assist our own guys.
Now, as I sit in this hotel in Vancouver, BC, I see disaster response teams ready to go, just waiting for the word.
But our president decides he won't ask for help.
Some so-called freepers (really, only by name) rather have tens of thousands of our people suffer than inviting a neighbor to help - probably as they stuff another bag of Doritos into their faces sitting in an air-conditioned home with a pile of beer cans around them. Because, hey, it is so cool to play the bigshot and reject help when you're not affected.
Sorry, SSA, it disgusts me as much as it disgusts you but there are some idiots in every crowd. Thanks for being a great neighbor.
posted on 09/01/2005 9:28:37 PM PDT
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson