DoctorZin reports, 10.16.2005:
Russians Help Iran with Missile Threat to Europe
Con Coughlin, Telegraph:
Former members of the Russian military have been secretly helping Iran to acquire technology needed to produce missiles capable of striking European capitals.Here are a few other news items you may have missed
The Russians are acting as go-betweens with North Korea as part of a multi-million pound deal they negotiated between Teheran and Pyongyang in 2003. It has enabled Teheran to receive regular clandestine shipments of top secret missile technology, believed to be channelled through Russia.
Western intelligence officials believe that the technology will enable Iran to complete development of a missile with a range of 2,200 miles, capable of hitting much of Europe. It is designed to carry a 1.2-ton payload, sufficient for a basic nuclear device.
The revelation raises the stakes in the confrontation between Iran's Islamic regime and the West - led by the United States and European countries including Britain. READ MORE
- SMCCDI reported that a young man was killed, with a shot to the head, by the local militia. They young man was after angry at the regime's humiliating parade of young dissidents.
- Glenn Reynolds, MSNBC reported that Iraq is becoming a quagmire for the terrorists.
- The Voice of America News reported that White House spokesman Scott McClellan says U.S. policy "is only toughening when it comes to Iran" and "It is now up to Iran to demonstrate that it wants to reverse the course that it is currently on."
- Reuters reported on the mysteriously high death rate among wild waterfowl in Iran.
- BBC News reported that US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is due to meet Tony Blair on Sunday for talks over Iran.
- The Conservative Voice reports on the troubling alliance of Venezuelas Marxist president, Hugo Chavez with Iran, North Korea and others.
- And finally, Colin Freeman, The Telegraph UK reported on the Iranian regime's effort to use music to build support for its nuclear policy. Sounds like they think they need help.
posted on 10/16/2005 2:36:46 PM PDT
(Until they are Free, "We shall all be Iranians!")
A man cannot decide what the future field to plow is to be.
all that a man can do is the best that they can and pray
that there children, their good children will make good
use of the efforts of their fathers. And pass on to their
children a even field to till.
We are but humans, we master no tides, however we can make
posted on 10/16/2005 7:00:54 PM PDT
(Arma in armatos)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson