Peach:that case was NEVER "determined" to be anthrax. A doctor-who had never seen or treated an anthrax infection- looked at and treated a skin infection.
Months later, he "recalled" it resembled an anthrax lesion.
Gene - no one can confirm it was anthrax of course since the guys are dead. But these are the links that have convinced me that the hijackers left those letters with a friend to mail after they were dead:
- The most serious bioterror attack in America began only days after 9-11
- The letters all mention standard Islamic catch-phrases.
- Florida Dr. Tsonas treated Ahmed al-Haznawi for a severe leg lesion in late June.
Dr. Tsonas is now convinced it was cutaneous anthrax.
- Two Johns Hopkins biodefense experts (Dr. Thomas Inglesby, Dr. Tara O'Toole) agree with Tsonas.
- FL hijackers inquire about crop-dusters and dispersal characteristics of chemical loads.
- Atta attempted to obtain a loan to buy a plane and convert it into a chemical transport.
- Moussaoui, the "20th hijacker", had tech info on airliners, crop-dusters, and wind patterns.
- Mohamed Atta went to a drugstore with red, chemical-burned hands mid-2001.
Druggist thought Atta was suffering from exposure to a chemical with basic pH, possibly bleach (used to kill anthrax).
- Allah Rakah, detained by FBI, for placing suspicious bag of letters in his car with FL license plates
- Atta met twice with Colonel Muhammed Khalil Ibrahim al-Ani, a "very senior" Iraqi 'Special Ops' agent.
(one report says the Czechs confirmed they had video...spycraft SOP)
(another report claims that a vacumm bottle was passed to Atta during the meeting)
- Ziad Jarrah also met with an Iraqi agent in 2001 in the UAE.
- Marwan al-Shehhi also met with an Iraqi agent in 2001 in the UAE.
- Iraq is the ONLY hostile country known to have succeeded in weaponizing anthrax
- Iraq conducted military exercises simulating the dispersal of anthrax spores from crop-dusters
- The anthrax coating is silica, a material used by Iraq on biological agents.
- Chemical and biological weapons are effectively dispersed from crop-dusters
- The terrorists had two operational hubs: Hamilton, New Jersey and Delray, Florida. Anthrax was found in both areas.
- The wife of the Sun tabloid's editor rented two apartments to two hijackers In Florida.
- The intials of the ringleader, A-T-T-A, are highlighted in letter 3a (Brokaw).
- Marwan al-Shehhi went to Huber Drugs (with Atta) with severe chest congestion.
The pharmacist sold him a bottle of Robitussin initially, and later antibiotics