God bless the fact we home school. This is just one more example of why the state has no business having such control over the lives of our children and us as citizens when they lack such basic common sense ( ICE-FLYER)
Let's examine the "power" that government schools have over our lives:
1) If you do not cooperate with government school bureaucrats, they will eventually send out armed police, court orders, and social workers threatening to put a child in foster care. ( real bullets in those guns on the hip)
2) If a business owner, landlord, or home owner does not willing hand over very big bucks to fund this monstrosity, the government WILL sell your home and/or business at a sheriff's auction. ( Again real bullets in those guns on the hip.)
3) We are now a nation of "renters" with the government as the landlord. Fail to pay our property taxes ( government rent) and we are evicted. Silly us! We think we "own" our property.
4) Once a child is in the government school they will be indoctrinated in the political, cultural,and the morals, values and ethics ( ie. the religious worldview) of the biggest political bullies. ( We're supposed to be protected from the government establishment of religion.)
4) Boys will be emasculated and the girls get to watch.
5) Government school taxes and expenses are dragging down our economy and making our American made goods uncompetitive abroad. ( And,,,,the Dems wonder why jobs are going off shore.)
This is only a short list of the power of the government school tyranny over our lives.
posted on 02/11/2006 7:03:33 PM PST
(Good ideas win! Why? Because people are not stupid.)
Many of the things you mention have NO connection to the public schools.
But that aside, how would you fix the problems we face today?
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson