Skip to comments.Wheels are coming off Bush/Cheney machine
Posted on 02/16/2006 9:00:35 AM PST by rface
That deafening noise we've been hearing is the sound of wheels falling off the most secretive and autocratic presidency in our history.
The disintegration is long overdue. This nation of laws, separation of powers and equal justice has suffered enough.
After five torturous years, we are finally getting a look inside a government led by a cadre of self-righteous demagogues, committed to opportunism, self-aggrandizement and self-enrichment.
Many, including one-time friends and associates of the Bush/Cheney power elite, have been preaching the horrors of what's going on behind closed doors, only to be shouted down, bullied, threatened or smeared.
Even members of their own party are not spared. NewsMax.com, a conservative Web site, recently reported that "White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove has threatened to blacklist any Republican who votes against President Bush in the Senate Judiciary Committee's investigation of the administration's unauthorized wiretapping..."
Fortunately there are those who have had enough and are coming forward.
- Someone in the administration, concerned that the Bush/Cheney cabal is violating Americans' civil liberties, leaked wiretapping information.
- A retired career CIA intelligence officer wrote in the respected "Foreign Affairs" journal that the administration cherry-picked intelligence to justify the invasion of Iraq. This dove-tails with earlier information from ex-administration officials that Bush/Cheney were hell-bent on sending people to die in a country that had nothing whatsoever to do with the 9/11 terror attacks.
And even disgraced insiders are squealing.
- Michael Brown, the fired Katrina debacle scapegoat, turned on his former bosses after they hung him out to dry. He told the Senate under oath that he warned the White House early on that the hurricane was a disaster but was ignored.
- Ex-Cheney chief of staff and indicted perjurer I. Lewis Libby reportedly has testified that he was authorized by his "superiors" to leak classified information as part of a plan to justify the administration's Iraq invasion.
- Associates of lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who the White House would have us believe Bush/Cheney barely knew, are telling tales about how the convicted GOP influence merchant was, in truth, very tight with Bush/Cheney. So much so that he claims to have been invited to the president's ranch - after ponying up $100 grand for the good of the Bush/Cheney cause.
Hopefully, as more people get fed up - for whatever reason - or they grow spines, we'll find out even more about what has happened to this nation since the Supreme Court put this crowd in charge.
Let the cleansing begin.
LOL!!! Liberals in melt-down mode. "Everything's going our way! We swear it is!!"
Baghdad Bob? Is that you? Hello? Hello?
So true. The presstitutes are blending in with DU. It really is amazing to witness....
People who write this kind of crap have no credibility at all. Secretive, yes. Autocratic? Not really. The most in history? Total BS.
"...we'll find out even more about what has happened to this nation since the Supreme Court put this crowd in charge."
Sounds like an unbiased reporter. /s
I honeymooned in Traverse City, nice place, but it doesn't surprise me that moonbats thrive there.
He forgot the part about the two SCOTUS appointments. (end/sarcasm)
Being from Missouri, I find it odd that you would find this kind of 'tripe' to post - did you search it out or are you blessed with some kind of sixth sense!?!
How about a barf warning!! Now I'll never get that taste out of my mouth.....
I'll say it backwards to the Traverse City MI. Record Eagle.............
Actually, this article says more about the liberals than it says about Bush or Cheney. In psychology it's called projection...all the things you are doing, saying or thinking, you project to someone else.
"Ex-Cheney chief of staff and indicted perjurer I. Lewis Libby..."
Uh, shouldn't that be "indicted for perjury, but not yet convicted?"
What a BARF O RAMA!
UT OH....libs have been eating missus kerry's raisins again.....
ROTFLMAO! Good old Baghdad Bob! I wondered when he'd surface again.
Who is this MSM author? Doesn't he know not to poke around in the democRAT party?
Mary Matalin said it correctly this morning on the "Today" show. The term "secret" is a word conjured up by the critics. Bush/Cheney are secret only with those things that are important to be secret ie. WAR! She handled little Miss Tuffet very well this morning. How she sleeps with her husband I will never know.
Commies up in Traverse City, who would have thought??