"Qiyamah will come...
1. When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
2. When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
3. When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
4. When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
5. When orators and lecturers lie openly.
6. When people dispute over petty issues.
7. When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
8. When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
9. When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
10. When lies prevail over the truth.
11. When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
12. When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
13. When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
14. When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents)
posted on 08/10/2006 11:50:09 PM PDT
1. Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
2. People will indulge in homosexuality.
3. There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
4. There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
5. People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
6. Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
7. The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
8. The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
9. Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
10. Various wines will be consumed excessively.
posted on 08/10/2006 11:51:37 PM PDT
Here's a similar hadith.
The prelates will use this type of stuff to convince their followers that the "Signs of Qiyamah" are unfolding -- so why not strap on a dynamite belt and walk into a restaurant?
When you see that truth has died and people of truth have disappeared,
and you see that injustice prevails through the land;
and the Book has become despised and things are introduced into it that are not in it and it is turned towards men's desires;
and you see the people of error having mastery over the people of truth;
and you see evil out in the open and the doers of evil are not prevented nor do they excuse themselves;
and you see moral depravity openly manifest and men being content with men and women satisfied by woman;
and you see the believer silent, his word not being accepted;
and you see the sinful lying and he is not refuted nor does his deceit redound upon him;
and you see the lowly despising the great;
and you see the wombs cut open;
and you see he who boasts of moral depravity is laughed at and is not spurned;
and you see young men being handed over like women and women cohabiting with women and their numbers increasing;
and you see men spending their wealth on things other than pious deeds and no one opposes or hinders them;
and you see the onlooker turn his back on the efforts of the believer;
and you see one person molesting his neighbor and no one prevents it;
and you see the unbeliever joyful because he does not see gladness in the believer when he sees corruption in the world;
and you see alcoholic drinks being drunk openly...
and you see women occupying places in the assemblies just as men do and usury is carried out openly and adultery is praised...
and you see the forbidden things made legal and the legal things forbidden;
and you see that religion becomes a matter of opinion and the Book and its laws fall into disuse;
and you see the leaders drawing close to the unbelievers and away from good people;
and you see the leaders corrupt in their rule;...
and you see men eating what their wives have obtained as a result of their immorality and knowing this and persisting in it;...
and you see places of entertainment appearing which no one who passes them forbids them and no one is bold enough to put an end to them;
and you see a worshiper only praying in order that the people may see him;
and you see the experts in religious law devoting themselves to things other than religion, seeking the world and leadership;
and you see the people living together like animals;
and you see the pulpit from which fear of God is enjoined but the speaker does not act in the manner he has enjoined others to act;...
and when you see the tokens of truth that I have taught, then be aware [of the advent of the Mahdi] and seek salvation from God."
-- The Sixth Imam Jafar As-Sadiq (as)
posted on 08/11/2006 12:17:42 AM PDT
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson