Skip to comments.Perspectives : ’Sudden Jihad Syndrome’ - A reason to carry firearms for self-defense
Posted on 03/11/2007 5:25:21 PM PDT by sig226
I have compiled (quite easily, I might add) a list of murders and attempted murders carried out by Muslims acting on the basis of what the founder of Islam taught them.
Convinced that they will go to heaven if they die killing infidels who Mohammed taught his followers to hate, some Muslims dont bother joining al Qaeda or some other organized band of thugs. They get so filled with hatred from hearing Islamic sermons and visiting jihadi web sites that they decide to become freelance Jihadis.
The condition is recognizable and has been labeled Sudden Jihad Syndrome (SJS) although some people are unable, or unwilling, to recognize SJS. Politically correct spokesmen for the FBI and other agencies seem to be under orders to issue a denial that a SJS-related murder could possibly have anything to do with Islam.
The rest of the population should come to grips with the fact that many in America are susceptible to SJS. The best antidote for many SJS-related acts of terrorism is a bullet fired from the gun of a prospective victim. The following list is offered to show that SJS is a reality, and that rational Americans should be prepared to deliver the most effective known antidote a bullet administered at the first sign of an outbreak of SJS.
* March 1994 Rashid Baz, a Muslim from Lebanon, opened fire on a van containing members of the Lubavitch Hassids in Brooklyn. One was killed.
* February 1997 Palestinian-born Ali Abu Kamal opened fire on the observation deck of the Empire State Building, killing a tourist and injuring six other people before committing suicide. His daughter, Linda Kamal, said in 2007 that the family is tired of lying and admitted that a letter had been found on her fathers body explaining his Muslim hatred for Israel and America.
* July 2002 Egyptian-born Hesham Mohammed Hadayet walked into the Israeli Airlines El Al terminal at the Los Angeles airport and began shooting Jews. He killed two and injured another four. He was known to sympathize with al Qaeda.
* September 2002 Patrick Gott killed one and wounded another in the New Orleans airport. He had entered the terminal with a shotgun and his Koran.
* October 2002 John Mohammed and Lee Malvo killed 13 people in the Washington, DC area. Both were converts to Islam and had attended a jihad training camp in southwestern Virginia.
* August 2003 Mohammed Ali Alayed almost totally decapitated his erstwhile Jewish friend, Ariel Sellouk, following Alayeds getting serious about his Islamic faith. He went to a mosque after killing Sellouk.
* October 2005 Joel Henry Hinrichs III, a convert to Islam, was an engineering student at Oklahoma University. His student career ended when a bomb he had strapped on himself went off prematurely outside a crowed (sic) stadium, killing only himself. Police subsequently cleared explosives from the apartment that Hinrichs had shared with Muslim students from Pakistan.
* April 2006 Muslim Ayhan Surucu was so angry when his sister started to wear make-up and date men in Berlin, Germany, that he put a gun to her head at a bus stop and killed her. Boys at a nearby school, attended mainly by the children of immigrant Muslim families, cheered and applauded when news of the murder reached them.
* May 2006 Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student, rented an SUV and drove it through a crowded part of the campus intentionally trying to hit people and wounding nine. In a series of letters to the student newspaper, he explained that he acted in obedience to Koranic dictates.
* June 2006 Michael Ford, a Muslim convert, walked into work at a Safeway warehouse in Denver and opened fire on his coworkers, killing one and injuring five. Relatives explained that he was being teased at work because hes a Muslim and he could not take it anymore.
* July 2006 Naveed Alzal Haq, a Pakistani, walked into the Jewish Federation Center in downtown Seattle and shot six women killing one, and wounding five (one of whom was pregnant). He stated matter-of-factly : "I am a Muslim American angry at Israel."
* August 2006 Omeed Aziz Popal, a Muslim Afghan refugee, used his SUV as a weapon and ran down at least 14 people and a bicyclist in the San Francisco Bay area. He was targeting Jewish neighborhoods to terrorize.
* January 2007 A 22-year-old Muslim, Ismail Yassin Mohamed, stole a car in Minneapolis and rammed it into other cars before stealing a van and doing the same, injuring several drivers and pedestrians at crosswalks and on sidewalks before police caught up with him. Mohamed called himself a "terrorist."
* February 2007 Ibrihim Ahmed, a Nashville cab driver and Muslim, was enraged that two passengers did not agree with him about Islam. When they got out of the cab, he tried to run them down, striking one in a parking lot.
* February 2007 Sulejman Talovic, a Bosnian Muslim immigrant, went to a Salt Lake City mosque on a Friday night. Then he went to one of only two malls in the state which prohibits civilian carrying of concealed weapons. He killed five before an off-duty cop (not subject to ban) used a concealed firearm stopped his murder spree.
Cornell University did a study estimating that there are seven million Muslims in the U.S. If even a single percent of that population is motivated to go kill a few infidels for Allah, the country would be facing 70,000 murderers on the loose.
The examples that I have found of Islam being the driving force for murder show that the prospect of Sudden Jihad Syndrome should be reason to loosen the countrys concealed carry laws. The Utah Jihadi did not have a concealed carry permit, but he carried his weapons to the scene of the crime concealed anyway. Why should the laws make it harder for the rest of us to counter what criminals are already doing ?
Put another way, our current restrictions on concealed carry on the books in most states facilitate murder by tying the hands of victims. The law should be on our side, not on the side of the bad guys.
I found some other references to Sudden Jihad Syndrome in other threads when I searched for this article. I'll go back to those other threads and add the keywords sjs and suddenjihadsyndrome.
Although this is not a story of a self defense shooting, Larry Pratt lists a number of incidents of 'sudden jihad syndrome.' This is when some Islamic Fruit Loop Trooper starts murdering infidels. I'll ping it to banglist and review the other threads to add the keywords I noted. It is useful information to any who want facts to argue in favor of RTC.
One of the reasons I always have at least two guns on me.
Just two? :)
This is what is wrong with having a "war on terror" as opposed to a war against islamic crazies. Its hard to fight an enemy your own side won't even name!
Kinda makes ya wonder why Schumer, Feinstein, Lautenberg and the gang want Americans disarmed, doesn't it?
So true. Good post.
Thanks for compiling this.
"This article also gives lie to the claim you often hear (mostly from Republicans) that there have been no terrorists attacks since 9/11."
I hear this crap all the time from dimocrats, but have never heard such a thing from a Republican. I've heard Republicans say that there have been no MAJOR attacks (destroying a building or taking down an airliner), but we are all aware of these free-lance terrorists.
There is a distinct and important difference between some crazy Islamist (sorry for the redundancy) and an organized attack.
GWB can rightly and proudly claim that he has kept us safe from (organized) terrorist attack. No one will ever be able to keep us safe from the nuts.
Everything I needed to know about Islam I learned on 9-11.
1968 - Sirhan Sirhan murders Robert Kennedy, at a hotel in Lost Angeles.
1972 - muslims murder Jewish athletes, participating in the Munich Olympics.
Utah is a "shall issue" state. The problem in most states these days is not the restrictive laws -- it's that so few bother to get permits, guns and training
GRRRRRRREAT post. Thanks.
I thought this was a good article to bookmark.
SJS reminds me of BDS. After all, the left/democRATs/socialists want the jihadis to win so Bush doesn't get any credit for saving their collective (lol, how appropriate) butts.
The Munich Olympics were different. That was a planned attack carried out by a prepared group. That's also why the bombings of French and German clubs in the 1970s were omitted, as well as the mass murders in New York, London, Madrid, Czechnaya, Moscow and Bali.
Pratt's list is individuals who killed without support and preparation from an organization.
That was in Turkey, wasn't it? I think you're right about that one.
Sounds like one of the reasons the founders wrote the 2nd A.
You don't have to look that far. It's in their terrorist training manual aka the koranus!
" upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God." Sura 9:29
Sura 9:5 of the Koranus, wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.
Queeranis-4:89 Take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah. But if they turn renegades, wherever ye find them; and take no friends or helpers from their ranks.
There's no reason to detain these peacefull people. Why let's give them preference to immigrate! They always improve every society they've ever come in contact with!
Aap aap ahh dap dap!!!!!
It's a religion of peace
It's a religion of peace
Bumped and bookmarked...
Actually, you make an EXCELLENT point. I get really tired of the whole "The Second Amendment is about self defense" line, making it sound like it's about defending yourself from casual criminals when in fact it's about defending yourself from a criminal government. The Second Amendment, at its root, is about individuals having an obligation to defend our country from foreign invaders as needed. I like your point.
I wish my husband would let me buy a gun.
Ping. Nice listing of possible/probable events.
May I recommend a recent novel, A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, by John J. Carpenter, ISBN 1-4137-8889-0? Very good read.
The 7 million Muzzies number is wayyy off, but this is a good list. If you, or any other Freepers, have a list of terrorist plots foiled in the United States (or that targeted Americans), could you please post a link in this thread? Thanks.
ran down at least 14 people and a bicyclist.
When did bicyclists become subhuman?
I'm having a bit of a crisis if conscience lately.
I've been carrying without incident for about twenty years now, and due to some recent experiences I have had a profound reassessment of the sanctity and preciousness of any and all human life. To that end, for the most part, I have hung up my rig and started packing my rosary.
My distress comes from looking around at my fellow citzens and seeing what a vanishingly small percentage of them are actually prepared to deal with a sudden outbreak of SJS.
Either they conceal a whole lot better than I every did, or they are just going about their business like nothing has changed.
Who does one talk to in order to resolve such conflicts?
"When did bicyclists become subhuman?"
If it's one of those yellow "Share-a-bikes" then just recently.
I don't think I can help you, and I expect you won't get much help on the web. I was an EMT for many years and people literally died in my hands. I am familiar with death. I think I would be able to shoot if there was a life and death situation.
I think you have decided that it is most important to you not to take a life. I respect that, although I don't agree.
Under what circumstances would you find it acceptable to take a life?
A righteous war, like World War II?
How about a war in which the sides aren't so cut and dried, like Vietnam?
If a pyscho was holding a knife to your child's throat, could you kill that man?
If he was holding a knife to a perfect stranger?
Does your faith give you the strength to go to the funeral of the man who killed your children and pray for him, as the Friends did last year?
If you can answer those questions honestly, I think you'll know what to do. A gun in the hand of a person who is unwilling to use it can make the situation worse if the bad guy takes it away. Good luck and God Bless.
there have been no terrorists attacks since 9/11
yes, there have been and everyone knows it. what a lie. Larry finally started the list. i wanted to but didn't. there's the airplane kid and the anthrax, as well. probably 100 others no one is counting.
FNC did a reporting of this exact topic a week or so ago .. but called it a different name ... the called it something like individual acts of terrorism
Now, I have a concealed-carry permit, and my baby goes everywhere with me
Under what circumstances would you find it acceptable to take a life?
All the standard ones.
What fill me with dread and loathing is the prospect of "after," when I recognize I probably sent this person to the burning horror of hell for all eternity: something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
However, what of those who would similarly be sent to hell by the actions of that person?
Therein lies my dilema.
It is the choices and actions that person made during their life that determines if they go to heaven or hell.
I refuse to be anyone's victim at anytime in any place I choose to go. I do not cause trouble, hassle other people, or be a nusiance. I am a dead shot have been shot at and have seen the elephant. I do not fear my death, but woe to anyone who tries to murder another in my presence.
It is time that Islam is outlawed as a religion. It is not a religion, and its belief in violence is a threat to our safety.
Agreed, but that doesn't mean I can tolerate being the proximate cause.
Is it more important that a condemned man be executed, or that one avoid becoming his executioner?
I wish my state would let me carry one (Illinois)
Why should you need your husband's permission?