Skip to comments.Craig Arrested, Pleads Guilty Following Incident in Airport Restroom
Posted on 08/27/2007 2:14:41 PM PDT by Shermy
click here to read article
or would you pretend that nothing happened?
Not sure anything happened from what's being reported except a cop trying to justify sitting in the john.
The reason he plead guilty is that he panicked.
That's your opinion and one possibility. Another possibility is that he wanted it to go away and mistakenly believed the fastest thing to avoid press scrutiny was to pay the fine and get the heck out of there. The alternative was a lengthy and messy out of state court case. He made a poor choice but that choice doesn't prove he was guilty.
I am amazed that it took 51 posts before someone made your point. I find it disturbing that anyone (Republican, Democrat, apolitical) can be arrested in the USA for touching shoes with someone else and wrapping his hand around the bottom of a stall wall.
I agree that he had intentions and should resign due to his moral failings, but what exactly in this list of things that he did are actually illegal? I can see being arrested for having actual sex in public, but for tapping your shoe? Gee, I better quit wearing my iPod in the can, I migh get carried away and tap my foot and end up in the slammer.
But aren't you bothered by the idea that grabbing the side wall is illegal?
They need to post signs inside of stall doors to the effect the "wide stances and foot tapping" are considered offenses of law. /sarc
We need to check if this SGT is on the take from the Dems
What non thinkers we have become - even in the Republican party. Especially among others who should KNOW better about giving the guy some benefit of INVESTIGATING THE FACTS INSTEAD OF JUMPING ON THE INSTANT CONDEMN SEN.CRAIG BANDWAGON when he confessed to doing nothing more than tapping his feet!
And you never did address ONE of the issues I mentioned. Why dont you take a stab at that.
I understand your point of view, and I'm sympathetic to it. However, I believe Craig should resign. A few points:
1. I believe Craig has been accused of homosexual behaviour in the past, going back to his college days, if I recall correctly.
2. Craig did plead guilty, although to a lesser charge than solicitation.
3. He didn't ask for an attorney. Why? Because he knew he was guilty?
4. The "tapping" and "hand signals", while a mystery to those of us who are not male homosexuals, are apparently well-enough known in that community. To most of us, the entire episode probably seems surreal, but I think we may be naive.
5. This event has forever linked his name and what happened with Mitt Romney's campaign. That won't have a positive affect. It's also a black eye for Republicans in general. It's one thing to be a homosexual. For most of the general public, it's another thing to be looking for sex in a public men's room. He should resign.
Any large deposits from an account in the name of Larry Flynt should be duly noted. I think we are going to see more and more setups between now and the elections.
Trying to sneak a fag in a public bathroom can get you into trouble.
LOL! Who knew tapping a foot was a coded signal.
How many times do you think this puke has engaged in this behavior?
What a total sleazeball.
You know, his explanation is sooo pathetic.
Lifting up pieces of toilet paper from the floor?
Does anyone in their right mind ever do that.
Bet he’s the type who never washes his hands either.
What..he just HAPPENED to know that little homosexual, public toilet mating dance? Bet he learned it in one of the many chatrooms where 'straight' and married men look for gay sex (and then go home to their wives and children, ugh). lol
And Sears Dept store bathrooms. At a local one (about 22 yrs ago) they had to post signage and hire security to let those seeking anonymous gay sex know to look elsewhere.
Adulterers of all kinds make me sick, but these kinds, the kind who want a wife and family AND gay sex even moreso.