Skip to comments.Prosecutor: Al-Qaida inspired Fort Dix plot
Posted on 10/20/2008 9:01:57 AM PDT by NormsRevenge
CAMDEN, N.J. Five men who planned an attack on a New Jersey military base were inspired by al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden, a prosecutor said Monday during opening statements in their terrorism trial.
The government has presented the case as one of the most frightening examples of homegrown terrorism since the Sept. 11 attacks.
Authorities said that in 2006 and 2007, the men turned paintball games into terrorist training sessions and met to discuss a plot to sneak onto the Army's Fort Dix base and kill soldiers. No attack was carried out.
"Their motive was to defend Islam. Their inspiration was al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden. Their intent was to kill members of the United States armed services," Deputy U.S. Attorney William Fitzpatrick told the jury of eight women and four men.
Fitzpatrick said the jury would see jihadist videos that the defendants watched and would learn many details of the alleged plot, including assertions by the government that one of the men went on reconnaissance missions to Fort Dix and other military installations.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Interestingly William Ayers wanted to bomb Fort Dix too!
On the Net:
Court Web site with trial information: http://www.njd.uscourts.gov/FortDixTrial/index.htm l
Hang ‘em by their pinkies .. and pour honey all over them .. add fire ants .. rinse .. repeat.
Ayers. What a creep.
Now.... I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone named Bill Ayers had a similar plot back in the early ‘70s. Wasn’t it the Weather Underground who was planning to hit Fort Dix while young soldiers were attending a dance with their civilian Jersey girlfriends. Hey AP — Now that you’ve reported on Osama’s friends’ plot, how about a report on Obama’s?
What a wonderful opportunity to listen and see William Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dorhn, then and now. The Ayers and Dorhn of the old Weather Underground. The 1960’s radical leftist group responsible for bombings at the Capitol and the Pentagon. The Ayers that remained unremorseful of the bombings, and did not rule out the possibility of doing it again, as of 2001.
- The audio linked below falls into two categories: First, a number of “terror era” comments from Ayers and Dohrn from the late 1960s and 1970s emphasize how truly radical, violent, and virulently anti-American they were. The second batch comes from a recent reunion of aging radicals in November 2007. These clips show that Obama’s pals are as unhinged as ever, and they severely undermine Team Obama’s spin that Ayers and Dohrn are now “respectable” members of the political “mainstream.”
- The Friends of Barack Obama, Part 1
- The Friends of Barack Obama, Part 2
- MSU SDS Reunion: Bernardine Dohrn speaks (1)
- MSU SDS Reunion: Bill Ayers speaks (1)
- MSU SDS Reunion: Bill Ayers speaks (2)
- Barack Obama Saul Alinsky Louis Farrakhan Tony Rezko Bill Ayers Bernardine Dohrn Reverend Jeremiah Wright SDS Weather Underground Malcolm X David Axelrod - “The Obama Nation” Jerome Corsi Ph.D.
Image courtesy of http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2097817/posts.
From David Horowitz’s FrontPageMag.com/DiscoverTheNetworks.org:
March 6, 1970: “three members of the Weather Underground accidentally killed themselves in a Manhattan townhouse while attempting to build a powerful bomb they had intended to plant at a social dance in Fort Dix, New Jersey – an event that was to be attended by U.S. Army soldiers. Hundreds of lives could have been lost had the plot been successfully executed.“
“The bomb was intended to be planted at a non-commissioned officer’s dance at Fort Dix, New Jersey.
The bomb was packed with nails to inflict maximum casualties upon detonation.“
- http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/August-2001/No-Regrets/. No Regrets. August 2001.
- http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F02E1DE1438F932A2575AC0A9679C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1. No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen. September 11, 2001.
- http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MTViMGRmMmYxZTgwZTFjYmFjODU5YzM4Y2MwM2ViMjY. Obamas Challenge. The campaign speaks to Radicalism. September 23, 2008.
- http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2008/04/020358.php. The Friends of Barack Obama, Part 1. April 22, 2008.
- http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2008/04/020362.php. The Friends of Barack Obama, Part 2. April 23, 2008.
- http://mcnorman.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/ayers-and-dohrn-still-radical/. Ayers and Dohrn Still Radical. October 8, 2008.
- http://uppitywoman08.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/what-ayers-and-dohrn-have-to-say-about-america-today/. What Ayers and Dohrn Have To Say About America Today. October 8, 2008.
- http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/10/09/what-ayers-and-dohrn-have-to-say-about-america-today/. What Ayers and Dohrn Have To Say About America Today. October 9, 2008.
JIHAD WATCH.org (STAR-LEDGER): "FORT DIX JIHAD VIDEO DEPICTS GORY DECAPITATIONS AND JIHADI CELEBRATIONS" (ARTICLE SNIPPET: "An FBI language specialist, Gassan Hajjar, then described for jurors what happened next: Using a knife, the captors sliced off the hostages' heads, taking four to six minutes to complete the decapitations, he said. They held the severed heads aloft, placed them back on the bodies and celebrated.") (October 24, 2008)