Why is the death of a satanic worshipper tragic?
Because, as evil as Tiller was, murder is murder. As noted in the post you were responding to, somebody lost her brother today. That is tragic.
1) Because this is still the murder of a human being; even though the work that Tiller did was utterly and intrinsically evil, the goal of stopping him could never be used to justify this as a means.
2) Without a doubt, this incident will be used to legitimize the pro-abortion crowd's motives -- as others have mentioned, whoever did this might have made a martyr of him.
3) The most important reason: Whoever murdered Tiller likely took away his chance at repentance. That is the most tragic part of all.
Because the opportunity to repent is lost.
Further it's tragic because it helps the pro-abortionists politically. They need to string up the fool that did this.
1. In principle: Because vigilante "justice" undermines the rule of law, even if the rulers are themselves acting unjustly. In some rare instances tyrannicide is justifiable but only as a last resort and when carried out not by any old Joe or Sally but by those who have at least some form of legitimate authority. When we start praising those who take the law into their own hands we start down the road to anarchy. Recall Thomas More's speech in A Man for All Seasons to his future son-in-law, Will Roper, about Roper being willing to cut down all the laws in England to go after More's servant who might have been informing on More--Roper said More would give the Devil the benefit of Law and More said, yes, indeed I would because the law is like trees standing as a windbreak against the gales of evil and if you chop down all the laws/trees you have nothing to appeal to when the wind turns on you.
2. In practice: Because it will turn a murderer into a martyr and obscure Tiller's own crimes; the cause of truth will be set back.
“Why is the death of a satanic worshipper tragic?”
Because once dead, they no longer can choose forgiveness and salvation through Jesus.
The death of any Human being should be no cause for celebration.
The “death” (as in a natural event, heart attack, car accident, ect) perhaps to many of us would not be. But assassinating him in a public place where an innocent could be hit by a stray bullet is just wrong. Let’s not go there. God will judge this man and it wasn’t up to any mortal man to play God and kill the abortionist. I have always found these killings ugly, and yes the killing of babies is uglier, but too many times innocents have been hurt or killed. We are no less a murderer because our victims are not as innocent and young as theirs. This does the pro life movement no good and I spit on those who are so arrogant to think that they are given special dispensation to carry out executions. Be careful when the left comes after one of us for killling a tree or poking a hole in the ozone! For that is their mentality. They value trees and earth more than babies and one day this may be used to round many of us up for execution!
Would Jesus murder an abortionist?