Skip to comments.Official dishonesty from the National Endowment for the Arts
Posted on 09/01/2009 2:04:01 PM PDT by paltz
On a previous blog, the Washington Times Water Cooler reported that we contacted the National Endowment for the Arts(NEA) Yosi Sergant about an August 10th conference call invitation sent out to artists and other creative influence peddlers. When asked if the NEA sent the invitation, Mr. Sergant denied the NEA had sent the invitations to any participants for the conference call and refused to send the Washington Times a copy of the invite. AUDIO
Yet, Big Hollywood's Patrick Courrielche was invited to participate in the August 10th pow-wow, and he posted the email invite from Yosi Sergant yesterday on Andrew Breitbart's Big Hollywood's website:
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
But other than the WTimes and perhaps Fox, this story will be ignored by the media.
Welcome to the National Endowment of the Arts (NEA), Office of Inspector General (OIG) homepage. The OIG investigates reports of waste, fraud, and mismanagement involving federal funds. As an agent of positive change, the OIG strives to promote improvements in our agency’s management and program operations and in our own offices. To promote efficiency and effectiveness, we conduct independent and objective audits, investigations, and other activities. We assess and report on internal controls, financial management, information technology, and other systems that affect the operations of NEA programs and grantees.
The OIG of the NEA was established in 1989 pursuant to Public Law 100-504, The Inspector General Act Amendments of 1988, (IG Act). The legislation established Offices of Inspector General in several departments and thirty-three agencies. The mission of the OIGs, as spelled out in the Act, is to:
* Conduct and supervise independent and objective audits and investigations relating to agency programs and operations.
* Promote economy, effectiveness and efficiency within the agency.
* Prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse in agency programs and operations.
* Review and make recommendations regarding existing and proposed legislation and regulations relating to agency programs and operations.
* Keep the agency head and the Congress fully and currently informed of problems in agency programs and operations.
To ensure objectivity, the IG Act empowers IGs with:
* Independence to determine what reviews to perform.
* Access to all information necessary for the reviews.
* Authority to publish findings and recommendations based on the reviews.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
* Work with our agency head and the Congress to improve program management.
* Maximize the positive impact and ensure the independence and objectivity of our audits, investigations and other reviews.
* Use our investigations and other reviews to increase Government integrity and recommend improved systems to prevent fraud, waste and abuse.
* Be innovative and question existing procedures and suggest improvements.
* Build relationships with program managers based on a shared commitment to improving program operations and effectiveness.
* Strive to continually improve the quality and usefulness of our products.
* Improve NEA and grantee compliance with agency and federal guidelines and regulations.
* Work together to address Government-wide issues.
If the NEA IG does IN FACT check into this, that IG will immediately be fired, just like the others!
have they put out a rebuttle.....you put even one of these jokers in a position of authority and they think they rule the world.
Glenn Beck did yeoman work today playing extensive audio clips of Yosi prattling on about how they are pushing the envelope to promote Zero and his plans.
BIG MESSAGE: Yo, Art folk, git ur bugtt with the program and you could git millyuns.
Hmmmmmmm I wonder if Glenn knows about the latest. If someone has his email (I don’t) perhaps they can’t forward this thread....It would be nice to twist the NEA nipples more.
Call To Action PING!
Time to make a ‘stink’!
The Inspector General office for the NEA:
The marxist mole at the NEA that lead this fascist/communist meeting:
This is another ABUSE OF POWER from Obama. We need to demand to see the logs of contact between this Yosi Sergant and the WH.
WHO ORDERED THIS PROPAGANDA CAMPAIGN TO BENEFIT OBAMA AND HIS AGENDA USING OUR TAX DOLLARS?
Anyone have Glenn Beck’s email?
This is the original post from Patrick Courrielche
Note especially the last paragraph!
Noted on this FR thread & in my post:
and just to sweeten the deal, well make it sure its legal for you all; your finest hour is at hand; lets toast to Leni!
And if you think that my fear regarding the arts becoming a tool of the state is still unfounded, I leave you with a few statements made by the NEA to the art community participants on the conference call. This is just the beginning. This is the first telephone call of a brand new conversation. We are just now learning how to really bring this community together to speak with the government. What that looks like legally? bare with us as we learn the language so that we can speak to each other safely
Is the hair on your arms standing up yet?
no, because Im not surprised, but my skin is crawling.
Thanks for the link. America is waking up FRiend! Today I had three people come up to me while I was reading Glenn Beck’s book, asking about it and saying they love his show and never miss it. They wanted to know if the book was good. This took place in the middle of a chemo infusion room with people all around. We discussed that people are losing their fear of speaking out now about what is going on in our country and it is amazing how society has tried to silence us from speaking out,stepping forward or standing up for what is right, good and true. Of course, I am in the middle of big red Texas(thank God)...but it is happening all over the country with the Tea Parties, etc.
KEEP THE FAITH!!
It’s breathtaking, isn’t it?