Skip to comments.Snow in Washington Has Climate Alarmists Showing Ignorance of Climate Science
Posted on 02/15/2010 4:22:37 AM PST by IbJensen
The Earth is warming, which is changing weather patterns and often causing localized weather volatility as opposed to localized warming. Extreme storms, droughts, intense rains, unusual amounts of snow or lack of snow are all signs of global warming. People know the weather is getting less predictable. They call it weird weather.
This quote from Jonathan Rose, who is on the Natural Resources Defense Council, is utter scientific and factual rubbish. Consider his comment that, People know the weather is getting less predictable. No they dont, however, they are confused because they know weather forecasts beyond 72 hours never were reliable yet they are told with certainty that the world will be warmer in 20, 50 or 100 years. It is people like Rose and other climate alarmists who present normal weather patterns as abnormal to deceive them.
Every time they try to defend the indefensible claim that CO2 is causing warming and climate change alarmists expose their ignorance of the science. Claims the snowstorms that buried Washington DC are evidence of global warming are ludicrous. You might as well say they are part of a Tea Party plot. They also claim increased storm activity was part of the predicted effect of warming. On the other side of the continent lack of snow for the Olympics in Vancouver is also attributed to global warming.
My January 14, 2010 article anticipated the changes in weather with an explanation of the general atmospheric circulation of the atmosphere.
(Excerpt) Read more at canadafreepress.com ...
No plot here. Go away! Dang! You can't trust anybody!
1. The deaths of Aspen trees in the West
2. Incredible shrinking sheep
3. Caribbean coral deaths
4. Eskimos forced to leave their village
5. Disappearing lake in Chile
6. Early heat wave in Vietnam
7. Malaria and water-borne diseases in Africa
8. Invasion of jellyfish in the Mediterranean
9. Break in the Arctic Ice Shelf
10. Monsoons in India
11. Birds laying their eggs early
12. 160,000 deaths a year
13. 315,000 deaths a year
14. 300,000 deaths a year
15. Decline in snowpack in the West
16. Deaths of walruses in Alaska
17. Hunger in Nepal
18. The appearance of oxygen-starved dead zones in the oceans
19. Surge in fatal shark attacks
20. Increasing number of typhoid cases in the Philippines
21. Boy Scout tornado deaths
22. Rise in asthma and hayfever
23. Duller fall foliage in 2007
24. Floods in Jakarta
25. Radical ecological shift in the North Sea
26. Snowfall in Baghdad
27. Western tree deaths
28. Diminishing desert resources
29. Pine beetles
30. Swedish beetles
31. Severe acne
32. Global conflict
33. Crash of Air France 447
34. Black Hawk Down incident
35. Amphibians breeding earlier
36. Flesh-eating disease
37. Global cooling
38. Bird strikes on US Airways 1549
39. Beer tastes different
40. Cougar attacks in Alberta
41. Suicide of farmers in Australia
42. Squirrels reproduce earlier
43. Monkeys moving to Great Rift Valley in Kenya
44. Confusion of migrating birds
45. Bigger tuna fish
46. Water shortages in Las Vegas
47. Worldwide hunger
48. Longer days
49. Earth spinning faster
50. Gender balance of crocodiles
51. Skin cancer deaths in UK
52. Increase in kidney stones in India
53. Penguin chicks frozen by global warming
54. Deaths of Minnesota moose
55. Increased threat of HIV/AIDS in developing countries
56. Increase of wasps in Alaska
57. Killer stingrays off British coasts
58. All societal collapses since the beginning of time
59. Bigger spiders
60. Increase in size of giant squid
61. Increase of orchids in UK
62. Collapse of gingerbread houses in Sweden
63. Cow infertility
64. Conflict in Darfur
65. Bluetongue outbreak in UK cows
66. Worldwide wars
67. Insomnia of children worried about global warming
68. Anxiety problems for people worried about climate change
69. Migration of cockroaches
70. Taller mountains due to melting glaciers
71. Drowning of four polar bears
72. UFO sightings in the UK
73. Hurricane Katrina
74. Greener mountains in Sweden
75. Decreased maple in maple trees
76. Cold wave in India
77. Worse traffic in LA because immigrants moving north
78. Increase in heart attacks and strokes
79. Rise in insurance premiums
80. Invasion of European species of earthworm in UK
81. Cold spells in Australia
82. Increase in crime
83. Boiling oceans
84. Grizzly deaths
85. Dengue fever
86. Lack of monsoons
87. Caterpillars devouring 45 towns in Liberia
88. Acid rain recovery
89. Global wheat shortage; food price hikes
90. Extinction of 13 species in Bangladesh
91. Changes in swan migration patterns in Siberia
92. The early arrival of Turkeys endangered caretta carettas
93. Radical North Sea shift
94. Heroin addiction
95. Plant species climbing up mountains
96. Deadly fires in Australia
97. Droughts in Australia
98. The demise of Californias agriculture by the end of the century
99. Tsunami in South East Asia
100. Fashion victim: the death of the winter wardrobe
LOL! Exactly when has it ever been more "predictable"?
I grew up understanding that if you didn't like the current weather, wait a little while, and it would change!
AGW true believers are nuts.
Excellent article. Could have used some punctuation though.
Oh, Oh now I get it, that's why the weather man is almost always wrong. It'll be sunny and 72 tomorrow, ends up being partly cloudy and 68. Oh and the heavy snow in DC, happened back at the turn of the century. Was that global warming too?? And seeing that the weather man can't predict accurately what it's going to be like tomorrow, how in the heck can they predict what it's going to do 10, 20, 30 or 100 years from now?
I think the jig is up and those that have always known this to be a scam don't feel that intimidation to shut up and sit down anymore.
Isn’t it woderful? Climate hysterics claim any lack of snowfall is cuased by global warming, then ridicule people who say historically large snowfalls are evidence against global warming. BTW, if global warming would have been such a disaster, you would think the Climate loons would be HAPPY that it isn’t happening.
THEREFORE..., its also absolutely necessary for people to know the information in the following documentary. If there were simply one video that you could see and/or show people you know... this would be the one...
The following is an excellent video documentary on the so-called Global Warming I would recommend it to all FReepers. Its a very well-made documentary.
The Great Global Warming Swindle
If you want to download it, via a BitTorrent site (using a BitTorrent client), you can get it at the following link. Information about BitTorrent protocol and BitTorrent clients and their comparison at these three links (in this sentence). Some additional BitTorrent information here and here.
Download it here...
[This is a high-quality copy, of about a gigabyte in size. This link is the information about it, and you have to click the download link to get it on your BitTorrent client software. You'll also find users' comments here, too.]
Its worth seeing and having for relatives, friends, neighbors and coworkers to see.
Also, see it online here...
[this one is considerably lower quality, is a flash video and viewable online, of course..., and also, you can download flash video on a website either yourself or some software doing it.]
Buy it on DVD here...
[this would be the very highest quality version, on a DVD disk, of several gigabytes in size...] At Amazon, it seems to be high-priced now and have only a few copies right now.
At WAGtv (a UK shop), but don't know about shipping. The price is reasonable, though.
[And..., some information from WAGtv about this item.]
Also, in split parts on YouTube...
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 1 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 2 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 3 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 4 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 5 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 6 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 7 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle (Part 8 of 9)
The Great Global Warming Swindle - Credits (Part 9 of 9)
One of the main hallmarks of true science is that any truly scientific theory or finding is falsifiable. That is, there is a condition under which the theory is no longer true. Since there is no condition at this point which would falsify “Global Warming”, then it cannot be a valid theory.
What I love is how the Global Warming cultists can make some off the wall speculation based on some iregular assumption then make an entire 60 minute tv program to illustrate their alarm.
‘If the average global temperature increases just X degrees, then we *could* see glaciers vanish, flooding in Kansas, and global epidemics of diseases spread by all the flying insects bred by all the decaying carcasses around the world.’
But we could. Even though improbable, we could.
And that is enough, isn’t it?
Oppose that kind of thinking and suddenly you are the one that wants people to die from strange diseases.
It could happen you know.
We must always remember what these “cultists” seek to do to the human population as a “solution” to the “crisis”. We all know that they want these “solutions” regardless of what the “crisis” is, and AGW just happened to fit the bill. This is why they are clinging to it so desperately.
Global government by the elite. Greatly reduced standards of living for Western societies. Population control. Energy consumption control. Even food consumption control. CONTROL for control’s sake.
If someone was trying to impose these things on us by force instead of deception, they’d be killed by those they were trying to oppress.
I’m waiting for Al Gore to be arrested like the common Flim-Flam man that he is.
I read that yesterday....doesn’t it just warm the cockles of your heart? LOL!
Al Gore and GE must be nervous.
However, the EPA stated that if congress cant pass Cap and Tax, they, the EPA will institute the needed mandates and regulations to achieve the same thing.
I wonder if there is anything we can do about the EPA?
Careful research has shown that:
- Global warming causes less snow, leading to drought
- Global warming causes more snow, leading to problems like we see on the East Coast today
- Global warming causes more hurricanes (hence the logo on the science fiction movie “an inconvenient lie”
- Global warming causes fewer hurricanes, thus the drop in numbers does not refute the theory
- Global warming causes the higher temperatures reported in the 1998 heat wave
- Global warming causes the lower temperatures reported since the 1998 heat wave
The beauty of this theory is that all of these conclusions have appeared in the mainstream press over the past few years. It’s a theory that cannot be disproven, so it must be true.
Cities, counties, and states are cutting their budgets what makes the EPA so special? Put on unemployment.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.