Skip to comments.Obama to America: Sure We Will Cut The Deficit, Right After We Spend, Spend Spend
Posted on 04/13/2011 6:01:26 PM PDT by Biggirl
The speech has already been characterized as pathetic and not by people on the right either. If I had to sum it up Id call it just a rerun of an old ideas that have already been cast aside. He even took the time to slam Paul Ryans Plan the way Democrats attack every conservative plan. Republicans throwing grandma under the bus.
Id call it laughable, except that its from the president of the United States. That makes it serious.The president spent the first third of the speech hammering Paul Ryans budget.
In the speech at George Washington University, he positioned his spending plan as a more compassionate alternative to one introduced last week by Ryan. He applauded Republicans for putting a plan on the table to address entitlements, but the praise stopped there.
(Excerpt) Read more at radioviceonline.com ...
Yes, he wants one more spend than Ryan, they agree on the first two spends.
At this point Obama can do nothing and spend nothing without full GOP collaboration.
Obama budget? proposal will spend all the savings created by the Ryan budget proposal.
And we will do it by taxing the hell out of the people who actually pay taxes, to be fair. If I hear that idiot use the term fairness one more frigging time my head will explode
Another election is approaching, and this speech was to appeal to his redistributionist base.
Back in 2008, at a Virginia rally:
If youll stand with me, then I know that we can win Virginia and we can win this election and we can finally bring the change we need to Washington, Obama told the estimated crowd of 35,000. I feel like we got a righteous wind at our backs here.
Interestingly enough, a little research revealed the following declaration from Chairman Mao:
The ill wind of opportunism is falling, the righteous wind of socialism is on the rise.
Pity those Virginia crowds didn't recognize then that his goals for change were consistent with the goals of the man whose words he repeated in the very next sentence.
If American citizens will look behind the semantics, behind the smoke and mirrors so adeptly used to beguile and mislead, and see the real agenda of this man who surrounded himself with people who are devotees of Mao and Marx and Lenin, with a sprinkling of Keynes, then they will see how far away from America's founding principles this Administration has taken the nation.
I’m so tired of hearing about the poor bearing the brunt of budget cuts. Since LBJ, we’ve probably spent several trillion dollars to eliminate the poor, but we have more poor than we did before. So what we need to do is reduce spending on the poor by 80%. The 20% that truely need help will get it, the other 80% can get a job or starve.
I believe Obozo’s real goal is to eventually cause the crash of the U.S. Dollar.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.