Skip to comments.Doomsday war games: Pentagon's 3 nightmare scenarios
Posted on 12/13/2011 10:45:44 AM PST by BenLurkin
Pentagon planners have plenty to deal with these days Iran in search of nuclear-weapons technology, suicide bombings in Afghanistan, and the final pullout of US troops in Iraq potentially leaving behind a security vacuum in the Middle East. But in war games in Washington this week, US Army officials and their advisers debated three nightmare scenarios in particular. Here are the doomsday visions that Pentagon planners have been poring over....
(Excerpt) Read more at csmonitor.com ...
I’ve heard that Pakistan keeps their warheads on the move because they fear the US has them targeted and are more concerned with that than the security issue of moving them.
If that is true..then this doomsday is more likely to happen.
My nightmare scenario is Obama wins re-election and nominates Barney Frank to be Sec. Defense.
1. White House unwillingness to defend American interests.
2. White House killing critical defense programs.
3. White House reducing troop strength below critical thresholds.
It is true. They even transport them in unmarked, civilian vehicles to avoid attention.
4. Re election of obummer.
for the US, Iran is a trivial worry compared to Pakistan. Iran is diverting too much attention from serious dangers to our security included the danger of an uncontrolled southern border.
I would add:
4) Collapse of Russia/Nukes seized by members of the religion of Peace.
5) Mexican Drug Cartels seize control/purchase nuke to stall US invasion
6) OWS purchasing nuke thru Soros connections/Threaten to destroy US if ‘election results of 2012’ are not in their favor.
How about all three simultaneously. Pak's islamic radicals decide they've sufficiently infiltrated their military to make a move towards gov't overthrow. This is followed by open beligerance with India. US responds by moving many assets to Pak coast and Diego Garcia. NK decides that with US assets being syphoned into the Indian Ocean it would be a good time to make a run to Seoul. Chicoms, meanwhile, thinking in parallel reasoning decide US is stretched beyond the limit and go for Taiwan. US finds itself in a go-nuke or go-home situation in multiple locations.
1. Obama doesn’t leave WH/Civil War II.
2. Iran barge shoots nuke/EMP over US/China and Mexico invade West Coast/Southwest, Panama Canal not accessible
3. Strait of Hormuz nuked and/or blocked with sabotaged/attacked tankers
I nominate Saudi Arabia also as a potential game changer.
Number Four: Iran builds its nuke and launches on Tel Aviv.
These are supposed to be theoretical scenarios. Your list is playing out before our eyes.
well, he is a rear admiral.
#1 is by far the biggest concern. #2 is not a real problem - China has too many internal problems that a sudden impulse toward military adventurism wouldn’t even put a dent in. #3 is likely to end quickly - a North Korean implosion would make the country very weak, and South Korea and China would likely step in quickly to stabilize the nuclear situation. But Pakistan is unfixable, and perhaps even uncontainable.
Islamist forces thru Mexico hit Palo Verde Nuclear plant knocking out power to millions in the Southwest U.S.
Surprised at the list of the three mentioned for the games. Sometimes that thinking thing hurts. Spidey senses going off, and don’t see a spider.
EMPs, or another scenario and multiple attacks simultaneously would be cause to not have a trial for the perpetrators (imho). Guess I lack compassion.
1. Iranian Scud-in-a-Bucket EMP attack off the East Coast
2. Collapse of Mexican Government as country is overrun by drug lords and their Iranian Hezbollah allies.
3. Aggressive ChiCom naval campaign in the Pacific (see, Japan, December, 1941) daring us to do something about it.