Skip to comments.Surprising Top Ten List of Anti-Christian Acts of 2011
Posted on 01/03/2012 1:57:54 PM PST by NYer
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 3, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ -- DefendChristians.Org solicited the members of their online community to vote for their choice of the top ten anti-Christian acts of 2011 in the U.S.
"I am always surprised at the results of our poll and this year is no exception," said Dr. Gary Cass of DefendChristians.Org. "The fact the number one and number two issues are public policy and political in nature shows Christians are very concerned about the political direction of the country. I wouldn't be surprised if this translates into a strong political response in 2012."
These results do not necessarily represent the views or priorities of DefendChristians.org. They are a measure of the opinions of a cross-section of subscribers who responded to our online poll.
The Top Ten Anti-Christian Events in 2011 are:
9) In Franklin Massachusetts a pro-life man was beat by the police for peacefully handing out pro-life materials. The police accused him of conspiring to plant bombs.
8) A Christian man in Minnesota was fired from his job because one of his female co-workers attended a Bible Study that his wife led.
7) A Christian Florida teacher was suspended after school administrators discovered his support of traditional marriage posted on the internet.
6) In Kalispell Montana, pro-lifers were attacked by a fire-bomb during a prayer vigil in front of an abortion clinic. No one was hurt, but a police officer remarked pro-lifers should expect this sort of reaction to their activities.
5) Because of a complaint filed by the ACLU, the liberal 9th Circuit Court ruled that the Mt. Soledad War Memorial in San Diego was unconstitutional.
4) A homosexual activist effort caused investigations by the online money-transfer company, PayPal, against pro-family Christian organizations.
3) A Bible study was shut down by San Juan Capistrano, CA officials who claimed the group needed a permit because it posed a risk to public safety and health.
2) President Obama declared June "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month" and hosted a White House celebration by homosexuals.
1) California Governor Jerry Brown signs a bill forcing public school curriculum and textbooks to "celebrate" homosexuals, transgenders and bisexuals.
Never heard about $8, but it is not surprising.
Never fear now BHO can just lock Christians up without cause or claiming they are terrorist.
Moral Absolutes ping.
Let's separate what our overbearing and morally bankrupt government does for the gay and lesbian community from what is an attack on Christianity. Otherwise, the points get diminished and the whole loses credibility.
Would the “Christian Right” be any more or less offended if Obese people were suddenly afforded “special rights”? Everything that goes against what we believe is not an attack or an affront to our faith. Some of it is just plain stupidity while other issues are moral relativism for politician gain devoid of any Christian Values.
The leftist political and social disasters are what is truly outside of what decent human beings believe in or want. Unfortunately, the 'mainstream media' is totally leftist (98%, anyway) and trumpets the lies 24/7 via broadcast and print media. Still, Obama has been such an epic failure and the left has dropped their mask of reasonableness and 'concern' that a majority of Americans are finally waking up to who these people really are and what they have planned for our great nation - and it isn't pretty. One hopes that the constant rat-a-tat-tat drumbeat of anti-Christian acts (judges, schools, local laws, etc) will be seen for the danger they pose to all of us and not dismiss it as simply the actions of a few weirdos that hate 'religion' (as long as the religion is Christianity).
Let us not forget the words of Martin Niemöller:
First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak out for me.
It’s a troubling list, but I given that my niece (who is Jewish) traded fire with muslim arabs attacking Christian making pilgram to Christian holy sites in arab-occupied Judea, it’s a pretty tame list.
I would add Copts in Eqypt.
Christians in Sudan being attacked (also being protected by Israel, which is why I know about it).
And various attacks in Nigeria.
China has not exactly been wonderful.
Pakistan routintely tries Christians for whatever.
Various acts of violence against Christian converts from Islam.
But, then again, maybe none of that is “surprising.”
What’s so surprising????
Freepmail wagglebee to subscribe or unsubscribe from the homosexual agenda or moral absolutes ping list.
FreeRepublic homosexual agenda keyword search
[ Add keyword homosexual agenda to flag FR articles to this ping list ]
FreeRepublic moral absolutes keyword search
[ Add keyword moral absolutes to flag FR articles to this ping list ]
Can you imagine the clean up after that one?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.