“Andrea Rossi E-Cat To Power Home Heating And Cooling System
by admin on January 9, 2012 (partial quote)
Once Andrea Rossi E-Cat will be available in the market, three major causes of deaths hypothermia, heat stroke and heart attack can be minimized, if not totally eliminated. The estimated initial investment for a Rossis E-Cat will be between $1,000 and $1,500. The price is reasonable considering you will have a lifetime of freedom from increasing price of electricity.”
Is there anything these imaginary devices won't do?
If true, that is an incredible price. I'm looking at pellet stoves and they go for over $2k. In fact, that price is too good to be true once you factor in the costs:
1) Initial research.
2) Designing a production device.
3) Ensuring the device passes the regulation hurdle and it's a big one.
5) Installation although that price might be without installation.
7) Refilling reactants every six months.
8) Numerous other things that I can't think of at the moment. He will also need the raw materials like nickel and whatever the production device's case is made of pluss whatever the catalyst is.
If it is true, he could charge $10k and sell every one of them. I find it hard to believe that anyone is that altruistic.
That reminds me of Homer Simpson pondering the many benefits of Duff beer.