Skip to comments.George W. Bush: ‘I’m for Mitt Romney’
Posted on 05/15/2012 9:35:12 AM PDT by RobinMasters
Mitt Romney has the support of George W. Bush.
Im for Mitt Romney, Bush told ABC News this morning as the doors of an elevator closed on him, after he gave a speech on human rights a block from his old home the White House.
Bushs endorsement isnt a surprise, given that Romney is virtually the Republican Partys nominee. But the 43rd president has been absent from the 2012 campaign and hasnt made any public comments showing his support for Romney.
Romney did get the formal backing of Bushs parents, President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush, in March.
People who worked in the Bush administration say they doubt the former president will be campaigning for Romney this year. Even in his post-presidential life, Bush still gets a lot of the blame for the poor economy, according to polls, though he has become more popular since leaving office.
Bush was speaking today at an event to promote the George W. Bush Presidential Centers campaign for human rights activists around the world.
(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...
Wee. I guess W gets the zot. Eh?
My goal is to defeat the insanity of Keyensian Economics in both of our very sorry political parties THIS YEAR!
This can be accomplished by choosing a stellar Dark Horse Nominee, such as R-Rep. West of Florida, to slaughter Obama in a November Landslide.
The key is to FORCE the GOP-E to allow for an OPEN Convention in Tampa. Without an OPEN Convention the SOS of INSANE Federal Spending will keep America on the same crowded track with Greece, and Kalifornia.
There are over 15, 000, 000, 000, 000 reasons why spending more money this year than was taken in during the previous year is an INSANE path to financial destruction.
Neither Obama or Romney have presented a plan to spend our Federal dollars in a non-insane manner.
For example, the GOP Elite have stood in line to endorse Romney, endorse The Ryan Budget, and compromise-away every opportunity to reduce Federal Spending.
I included the Ryan Budget, because Rep. Paul Ryan himself says that his Budget will balance in 30 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, I added those exclamation points, because both you and I know that Ryans budget will NEVER balance, and thus never be a fact. The exclamation points are just for volume emphasis.
A GOP-E guy endorses another GOP-E guy.
This is news how?
Michael Savage said on his show last night that Col. West would be Romney's best possible pick to get over the finish line.
I said the same thing in this forum two weeks before.
But seriously, the GOP establishment will not allow an open convention in Tampa when Romney goes into the convention with more than enough delegates to clinch on the first ballot. He's less than 200 away from that point right now and they haven't even allocated most of the 72 delegates from Pennsylvania where he resounding won last month.
But only for those with positive things to say about Mitt.
So one member of the GOP-E endorses a Progressive Liberal pretend Republican.
I am so going to vote for Romney now!
I am so excited!
You know, post those attractive pics of him and his wife, him bicycling, shaking hands with foreign dignitaries, eating chow at the local county fair, waving at the peasants, and add lots of comments about his and her hairstyles, fashion statements.
Lets do it!
I’m with ya, GW, so I hate to say it, but I think this country is guaranteed to become a second-rate power in the not too distant future, regardless of whether we get Obama or Romney, since either one of them will lead it over the cliff with the engine on full throttle.
Frankly, I’m going to sit this election out. There’s really no point to doing anything anywise, so why waste my time? I used to be one of those who was superactive at the grassroots level - making calls, putting out signs, attending all the meetings, going door to door, organising rallies and Tea Parties, coordinating with candidates, stuffing envelopes, you name it. I’ve devoted a lot more time to the GOP than my wife would have liked for me to, since I was always up at HQ, or at some rally, or meeting voters, or whatnot.
But if “conservatives” are going to rally around a worthless candidate as our “last, best hope” then what’s the point? Why bother? Why waste my time? If Romney is the best we can do, then it’s time to pack it in be done with it. Frankly, I think it’s time to “retire” and devote my free time to other things, like writing and intellectual pursuits. I’ve got a lot of books I want to read, a lot of articles I want to write, and a lot of things I’d like to study.
That settles it for me.......
Of course, since no negative comments will be allowed, it will be a perfect fit!
By fishtank...updated Dec. 6, 2006
Here’s what a “conservative” is supposed to be?
* Doing his very best to destroy American sovereignty by melding America into Mexico into Canada???
* George W. Bush (43): “I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul.
I knew that President Putin was a man with whom I could work.”
* Allowed his wife to call a homosexual partner’s mom the “mother-in-law” ???
* Allowed the new Iraqi constitution to have a clause where no law would contradict Islam.
* Wanted to sell US port operations to Dubai - a nation that supports terror.
* Advocates a completely open border - to the detriment of national security.
* Calls the Minutemen “vigilantes”.
* Continually calls Islam a “religion of peace”.
* Pursues “free trade”, not fair trade. “Free trade” has not been very fair, so far.
* Supported Specter over Toomey.
* Told Hush to host Specter with softballs, and then Hush carries the water.
* Continually supported Linc Chaffee, and what did it win in the long run?
* Let Ted Kennedy write the education bill.
* Did nothing to rein in pork barrel government spending.
* In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. “I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty,” Bush said.
* Bosh said he would do the TARP all over AGAIN!!! I guess he has no problem using communism to try to rescue the free market... (Nov. 12, 2010).
I’m listing the actions of the PRESIDENT (Bush), FYI.
From: Avoiding_Sulla “You can add to the list:”
* never enforced the Beck decision as he had promised.
So that meant that for eight more long years the Dems got funding from unions to which they were not entitled. Republicans who were members of a union (whether they wanted to be or not) could still not effectively withhold that part of their union dues (under fair accounting standards) used to support the Democratic Party and its candidates and its associated NGOs.
Subsequent to that non-performance, we have to endure
1) the unions trying to force card check on all American workers.
2) Harry Reid is about to force a vote in the lameduck session that forces all firemen and police into unions in every municipality no maatter their wishes nor the wishes of the local citizens. That is all tied to the unions having excess money stolen from non-democratic party members over .
* Enforced rules of engagement on our armed forces that bore a remarkable resemblance to police dept policies in any city ruled by liberals.
* Nominated his personal attorney, Janet Myers, to the Supreme Court.
So we know whose fault it will be if Romney gets elected.
He’s really going out on a limb there. /s
He had come to love Big Brother.
Seriously, folks, what else is he supposed to say?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.