Anybody have the list of states? (I grew up in and in many ways love California, but sometimes wonder if it’s a good idea to move back there...)
1. I live in south Orange County and the city I live in is always at the top of the list as far as little crime, so do many other communities in other southern and central counties;
2. The weather is amazing. The coast is always moderate. Inland can get a little hot, but with little humidity and no bugs;
3. You can snow ski, surf, hang glide, hike, hunt (limited) and many other outdoors activities you desire. It's all here;
4. The people are friendly and courteous;
5. People take care of their properties which keeps the values up;
6. Property values have been one of the least to devalue since the 2008 recession;
7. There are jobs here, even with everyone saying companies are leaving by the droves. There are millions who remain;
8. Many attractions/entertainment venues;
9. There are many gun owners, and other than Los Angeles, most believe in the Constitution.
1. Property is expensive here;
2. Rentals are higher than many regions;
3. Cost of living is higher than many regions;
4. Traffic can be a problem since we're so spread out;
5. Attractions/entertainment is spread out, so it takes a drive to get to some.
6. Cali gun laws are some of the most restrictive. Any magazine over 10 rounds is now illegal. Basic AR-15 type rifles have to have a special button to release the magazine, although there is a work around that has yet to be illegal;
1. We have earthquakes, but nothing so bad as the hurricanes and tornadoes that other regions experience. However, there is always the "big one" coming, as it's called.
2. The State is governed by liberals;
3. The State keeps increasing taxes and fees;
4. The education system is now at the bottom of accomplishment for its students, where it was once at the top.
5. The State Legislature recently gained a super-majority and has a Governor called, "Moonbeam". Think what that can mean for its future;
6. The State is bankrupt, yet the the bureaucrats want to build a high-speed rail system from nowhere to nowhere. Again, think what that means.
7. Cali has signed on to the Obambicare State Exchange program.
Sure I'm missing some points. Just a quick list. Feel free to Freepmail me about specifics.