Skip to comments.YouTube: VIDEO: Clackamas Mall Shooter Was Confonted By Concealed Carrier (Oregon)
Posted on 12/15/2012 3:33:45 PM PST by marktwain
This is an excellent video of a 22 year old man who showed grace in a very stressful situation. He obviously is familiar with firearms.
(Excerpt) Read more at thegunwire.com ...
He showed a military discipline. He had to decide in a split second: how sure am I to take down this target. He had to discriminate , because others were in the area. But he also proves that men trained in arms are both empowered and made more cautious by their training.
I admire this young man. And I’m glad he’s an armed American.
And you Leftists can go FOAD.
Watch at home
Worth their weight in gold.
Mass shooting stopped by a CC.
Fine example of a law abiding CHL holder.
Bob Costas will not be pleased...
You done good, Nick.
There is, of course, the big temptation to say that he should have taken the shot, but real gunfights do not work that way.
However, far too often in LEO training the bias is to take dangerous shots and to keep blasting away, to empty their gun (or guns, with multiple officers).
While this gunman aimed at police, the worst possible situation for LEOs, they both opened up on him and also wounded nine bystanders.
Excellent video. Hard decision. I imagine the right one for the circumstances.
What an unsung hero! Liberalism is a liar and a mental illness.
This should have been the case to make news. That way, maybe the teachers in Conn. would not have been disarmed sitting ducks for wacko-man to slaughter them before slaughtering himself.
So I have a question. If caught in a mass shooting incident and you draw your gun to help, how do you avoid being taken out by police as the shooter when they arrive?
I would holster my weapon immediately (once the threat is gone).
1. Contact the police and let them know what is happening. Give them your description so that they understand who is the good guy.
2. If you have help, have them meet the police coming into the situation. They can explain that you are the good guy: "That is Joe, in the white shirt, he is the guy who captured the shooter." That increases your safety considerably.
3. If you can safely do it, reholster your gun before the police arrive, or place it somewhere so that it is not in your hand when they arrive.
4. Never point your gun at the police. Easy to do if you are in a stressful situation and have not thought of it. Most people will be very careful not to do this, but some people have been shot anyway.
5. Do not make any sudden moves, and follow police directions. They will sort everything out shortly.
6. Be careful about giving a statement to police, especially if you have had to fire. Tell them that you want to cooperate, buy you have been given professional advice to do as police do, and talk to a lawyer before you make a statement.
Draw and fire, don’t draw and threaten, and reholster once the threat is neutralized. You will still be at risk, but if they see you holding something that looks like a gun they may shoot.
The young man did well. We should learn from him, and his actions.
Yes, I believe he will become a good cop.
Why the H.. arent we hearing about this from the BSM Ping!
Everybody should take some responsibilty for their personal safety and that includes individuals being armed without undue restriction.
Recall the Thurston High shooting, while the perp was fumbling with a magazine release or something, three or four people (students and a teacher) took him down bare handed, and that was the end of it.
I had friends and co-workers with kids in school there, one of them was shot in the head and it took her a very long time to recover. It could have been a lot worse but somebody stopped it before the (on campus) cop was even close.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.