* Obamacares massive new bureaucracy is a classic case of executive branch overreach;
* its central promises turn out to be falsehealth care premiums are going up, not down; and people are losing the insurance coverage the President promised they could keep;
* the President himself says he is forced to suspend part of it;
* a clear majority of the American people want it to go away;
* most members of the House of Representatives say they want Obamacare to go away;
* those Representatives have the power of the purse; but
* they still cant defund it?
Just whom do they think they are kidding?
Any congress critter that says they can’t defund this nightmare is a bald faced LIAR.
GOP is SCARED TO DEATH of the inevitable race riots that will ensue. They’d rather suffer a slow, certain disaster that an uncertain crisis that the “media” will blame on the racist conservatives that our military think are the extremists.
As for the government being shut down, that will never happen under Obama regardless of how Congress votes. For the last three months, our government has exceeded it's legal capacity to borrow, yet they continue unabated. The rule of law means nothing. So why give sanction to this Administration's illegal action?
Repubs differ from Dems only is method... they believe their plan is better than the Dems plan, they don’t disagree in agenda.
Look at their last candidate, Romney. Look at their actions now, refusing to defund. Look at how they did not complain about Obama’s usurpation when he by decree delayed implementation of the law for certain classes of persons, and how Boehner one-ups Obama by passing legislation to delay implementation for remaining classes of persons.
Look at Amnesty. The Repubs reject the massive bill promoted by Dems, and in stead promote several smaller bills, together having the same end as the Dem bill. The RNC stated policy is Amnesty.
The ruling Democrat-Republican Party has got to go.
They ‘can’t’ de-fund it because they have been convinced that de-funding it would lose them the Hispanic and black votes.... votes they will NEVER get in a million years.
Yes, there are some critters in congress who think a bird in the bush is better than a bird in hand.
Mid-terms are coming up, best not to make waves to some of these congress people...
Whatever happened to the doctrine that laws passed by a sitting Congress can’t obligate a future Congress?
OK, let’s put our thinking caps on and look at the likely outcome of the strategy to defund Obamacare.
Congress ( the lower house ) votes to DEFUND Obamacare (the GOp has a significant majority in the house ).
What happens next when it reaches the Senate?
The US Congress supports al Qaeda,
ignores the Constitution,
imposes “Laws” for peons and not itself,
waives ObamaCARE/RomneyCARE/DeathCARE for itself
its staff and its mistresses,
as it remains drunk, whoring, and cashing in its endless payoffs.
This will probably not end well.
I’d like to see the following put into legislative language:
1) Except for the provisions of the so-called “Affordable Care Act”, all previous line-items in the previous budget are to be continued in the manner typically found in a continuing budget resolution.
2) No funding requirements in the aforementioned “Affordable Care Act” are to be fulfilled unless *all* measures in that act are put into place in time schedule specified in that act
3) No government subsidies for easing the financial burden of that act shall be granted to any individuals (congress members, executive branch members, congressional staff, etc) nor to any organizations (unions, favored businesses, etc) that are not equally available to the general citizenry.
The House should pass that continuing resolution, clear out of town, and leave no forwarding address. Let the Senate and President decide if they want to put the whole Obamacare fiasco into effect impartially, or if they want to shut down the government.
The House should send an actual budget, with no funding for obamacare, to the Senate. Let Harry Reid kill it. And if he sends it back with changes simply tell him to “Send it to Rove because we ain’t interested”.
STAND UP TO PEE, you WEASELS!!!!
Just a hunch.
To try to reverse it would be, ooooohh, regressive, and that's a terrible thing to the Left.