Skip to comments.Arabs furious at Czech Jerusalem remarks
Posted on 10/10/2013 12:15:12 AM PDT by Olog-hai
The Cairo-based Arab League has condemned remarks by the Czech president about moving his countrys embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, calling them a violation of Palestinian rights and international resolutions.
The United Nations proposed an international jurisdiction for Jerusalem when it wrote the mandate for a Jewish state in 1947, but a 1948 war divided the city between Israeli and Jordanian control.
(Excerpt) Read more at bigstory.ap.org ...
Hey,Czechs: move it fast and keep the Arabs furious.
Good for the Czechs. Now, if someone would nuke the islamofascists...
The so-called “Palestinians” wish to retain their “right” to:
- Deny Israel's existence
- Kill Jews wherever and whenever possible
- Spread lies and inflame their youth via PLO propaganda
- Never compromise
- Sign peace accords never intending to honor
- Declare all of Israel as “occupied”
- Invest most of economy in weapon systems to be used against Israel.
- Keep promising their people total (military) victory
- Talk peace to CNN but war to their own people
- Encourage their young to NEVER give up the “Armed Resistance” (terror, mayhem and murder of Jews).
- Encourage economic boycott of a vibrant, free and capitalist Israel.
- Push their agenda to replace Israel, not live side by side with her.
- Constantly compare Democratic Israel to the former South African “Apartheid’ state.
- Deligitimize Israel in any and all forums.
- Harp endlessly about their “Rights”
- Encourage violence at all levels.
So on and so forth ad nauseum. They make me want to throw up. If they lived with their heads not up their bums, they'd of had a state by now, prospering next to Israel but they love to keep their heads up “there”, harping about “Rights”, 24/7.
I am running out to buy some Czech beers and foods! Go Czech Republic!!!
Can this Arab group demand DC not be the US capitol too...
Leave it to the AP to attempt to narrate history and failing to resist editorializing by omission.
1. The U.N. can propose anything it wishes, but the real world is more complex, and consistently ignores and totally destroys, permanently, their self-defined "mandates."
If the U.N. imaginary mandate had any validity whatsoever, it disappeared when the muslims (arab countries) immediately launched a war to render it meaningless --- and lost. The winners, as has been true throughout history with all countries, prevailed.
2. As if to punctuate the inevitability of reality, the muslims again started a war in 1967, then again in 1983, and lost again. And again.
Charitably, the state of Israel returned the captured Sinai and the Suez Canal, which were firmly in Israeli control after the 1983 war, but retained control of Jerusalem, their historic Capital, and the West Bank, which is necessary for any rational notion of a defensible sovereign state, surrounded by Muslim Mass Murderers.
3. Never, in the history of the world, has there ever been "disputed jurisdiction" over any territory, after a war with a clear winner and a clear loser. Israel, with good reason, cannot accept the irrational decision to be the first exception.
Other than that, it's a great article.
The Czechs have more guts and honor than all the rest of Europe. Sorry that we let the Brits and French sell them out at Munich.
Did any so-called “National Liberation” movement ever claim that a capital city was theirs too?
Only the Palestinians and maybe North Korea (North Vietnam) ever claimed that a foe's capital was there's too.
Did the IRA ever claim that London was theirs?
Did Turkey, when they invaded northern Cyprus in 1974 (people forgot that one), ever claim part of the island, their capital city?
When China invaded Tibet, did they say Beijing was not their capital city?
How many terror groups in the world today claim that that particular country's capital is there's too?
The Palestinain identity is built on substituting itself IN PLACE of ISRAEL, not next to her, in peace. Look at all Palestinian or Arab maps, their symbols, Israel is gone and it is called “Palestine”. These people want peace?
There are liberals who really think Jerusalem isn’t Israel’s capitol. I’ve had to show them Israel’s govt website to inform them it is!
I'ts called 'Pilsener'.
They have more guts and honor than does the United States, too.
The Czechs invented the “Pilsener”, no? In Bohemia, no?
They have a nice Beer called “Budvar” which I understand is the great-grand daddy of the US “Budweiser” beer. That’s what I heard.
Well, I believe that it is formal US (State Dept.) policy that Tel Aviv is Israel’s capitol, no? Every few years a US Presidential candidate promises to move the embassy to Jerusalem in order to capture the US Jewish vote. Problem is, US Jews don’t care either...
The Czechs are a great people and yes they have guts. 3 cheers for them! I’ll have a Czech “Pivo” (beer) to them.
Speaking of ‘pivo’ (beer), this particular Czech president (Zeman) was probably drunk when he said this. He has a lot more liquid courage than political conviction. But either way, he’s right.
Good for him. I support his tipping a few “pivos” and his courage, (liquid or not) for showing testes in a world devoid of them. Israel’s Netanyahu has them too. Obama has ovaries...