Skip to comments.5 Disasters Yet To Come With Obamacare
Posted on 01/14/2014 10:32:23 AM PST by xzins
Obamacare had the worst debut since the Titanic. The website was non-functional for weeks, the back-end still isn't fully built out, whole states have had minimal numbers of people signing up, countless Americans have been cut back from full-time work to part-time, millions lost their insurance, and Obama has been illegally changing the law every other day like some sort of banana republic dictator. In other words, Obamacare has been a rolling train wreck that has shown Barack Obama's promises about the law to be nothing but lies while proving the conservatives who said the Affordable Care Act was a disaster 100% right.
Now, here's the really scary thing: as you're about to see, the worst is yet to come.
1) Skyrocketing Insurance Prices: You think your insurance is expensive now? Well, just wait, because Obamacare is going to send the cost of medical care shooting into the sky like a rocket out of a trampoline factory. How could it be otherwise? People are now forced to buy more insurance than they need. Are you an 60 year old woman? Sorry, but Barack Obama still thinks you need maternity care and that costs more money. Moreover, it costs a lot of money to pay for the new regulations and massive federal bureaucracy that has been put in place for the law. After all, somebody has to pay the salary of the IRS agents who'll now be harassing you about your medical bills. Furthermore, that alcoholic junky who needs a liver transplant and round the clock care after he got high on meth and slammed his head into a cement wall? He's paying the same rate as you are now, which means both of you pay a lot more. Guess who got the better of that deal? Hint: If you're reading this, there's about a 99.9% chance it's not you.
2) Insurance Company Bailouts: While Democrats were telling the Occupy Wall Street crowd to support Obamacare in order to stick it to the insurance companies, Obama was actually giving those same companies the sweetheart deal of a lifetime behind the scenes. In return for supporting Obamacare, they got to charge more, Obama promised to use the IRS to force more Americans to sign up for their services, and best of all, he promised them a bailout if something goes wrong. In other words, if they don't make a killing off of all the new customers Obama is forcing to buy their service, Obama will make up the difference with your tax dollars. So now that Obamacare looks like a money loser for the insurance companies, Democrats are preparing to pay off the insurance companies directly with your tax dollars. How did we end up in a world where the same liberals who incessantly complain about fatcat insurance companies are now demanding that we give them billions of dollars because they made bad business decisions?
3) The Employer Mandate: There's a reason Barack Obama delayed the employer mandate and will probably delay it again next year. Depending on the estimates you believe, somewhere between 25-80 million Americans are going to lose the health insurance they have through their employer once it goes into effect. Now you're probably saying, "Holy 'if you like your plan, you can keep it, Batman, that's horrible, but to liberals, that's ultimately a feature of the plan, not a bug. The more people who lose their health care, the more people who will want to sign up for the Obamacare exchanges and the more likely it is that the law is to be viable long term. Ultimately, Barack Obama is fine with lying to the American people; he just doesn't want them to find out they were deceived right before an election.
4) Doctor Shortages: According to a survey done by the Doctor Patient Medical Association, 83% of doctors, "have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obamas health care reform law." Some of them are going to quit while others will merely cut back their hours or refuse to see new patients. Whatever the case may be, it means that even if you have health care, it may be difficult to find a doctor to treat you. If and when you do, you're going to find doctors who have even less time to spend per patient, nurses doing tasks doctors used to handle, foreign doctors with inferior training who've been brought in to fill the gap, and dramatically increased waits for surgeries. There will be people who would get surgery for painful, but non-life threatening injuries within a week today who will spend months waiting in agony down the road. If there were any justice, they would all be people who voted for Obama, but unfortunately the rest of us will have to pay the same excruciating price for their gullibility.
5) Death Panels: Liberals have moved from claiming that death panels don't exist to admitting that they're built into the law and saying that they're a good thing. As Time Magazine's senior political analyst Mark Halperin admitted, "It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled." So, yes, there are going to be Americans who die because it's cheaper than spending the money needed to save them. What was it Barack Obama said again? Oh, yes, "Maybe youre better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller." The scary thing about that is unelected bureaucrats who are indifferent to whether you live or die -- not you or your doctor-- will be the ones deciding whether an expensive treatment makes you "better off."
Death Panels are coming
Sarah Palin was right.
She would do well to run for President in 2016.
I think she will.......................
Liberals think Marxism is a joke, that 100 million dead in the past 80 years is a fantasy. Well let’s see how they think when mom or dad are in their 80s and need an operation and the regime says they must die instead. Or let’s even forget the elderly: As we seen last year, that kid being denied the liver transplant. Government sanctioned mass murder here we come.
I don’t want a shorter doctor,, she’s already short.
Oh, uhhh,, doctor shortages.. never mind..
What a nightmare this nation is caught up in..
Obama and the Democrats lied, Americans died.
True of some but by no means all foreign-trained docs.
Unfortunately, for some they have to experience it themselves to believe it.
I hope, I would give my left leg to see her debate the Hildebeast 666. There is no way in hell Palin is going to let Hitlerys 90000 billion gates slide under the table. “What the hell were you doing when Benghazi was going on?” Stuff like that DOH! Oh God I would LOVE it! Someone finally sticking it to that effin’ bitch. If Palin does run though the Treason and RINO party would pull out all the stops to destroy her, and as we have seen in the past they have no problem going after her kids as well being the low life bugs they are.
Excellent points. And “we” need to become very adept at point out how this is all a result of look at things the wrong way, aka liberalism. It’s hard to convince people to change their core beliefs when we just attack Obama or call Pelosi and Reid idiots (which they are) - but if we can get people who voted for Obama and liberal Congressmen to see that big government is always the problem and never the solution, then we can accomplish even more than just reversing course on Obamacare.
Make that more like 200 million or possibly even has high as 250 million over the course of the 20th century.
That’s not including all the abortions over the past 40 years across the world.
Some estimates put it at a billion.
There’s a sixth one. The worst of all. It is the healthcare apocalypse. When things get so bad people will look for and demand an answer( and the Pols will give it to them): single payer better known as SOCIALIZED MEDICINE.
If only there was a government program to fix this. If the Republicans veverpassed the ACA none of this would be happening. Obama fought so hard to make sure the republicans didn’t force the ACA on the American people but Bush and the republicans and the sequester are sooooo sinister he was powerless to stop the ACA.
She knew Obozo was unbeatable in ‘12. She’s doing a ‘Nixon’, sitting one out until the time is right..................
Save your leg, give your $upport...................
Never said government health care would be good, only that not all foreign-trained doctors are inferior to those trained in USA. Some are very good indeed.
. . . and did I see recently that they [the IRS] is going after her father ?
“What a nightmare this nation is caught up in..”
Elections have consequences.
Are they? I would not doubt it in the least. That’s the way the Marxist fascists work.
PUT DOWN THAT BOOK and OPEN A WINDOW!
Rousseau formulated the philosophical justification of Robespierre's reign of terror, all syndicalist, socialists, communists, fascists and democrats who followed: " the common good."
Sounds like he was also into eugenics.
There’re are some good thoughts on education. Specifically that parents are responsible for their kid’s education.
I have a way to get rid of this provision in the law...
For every person that is terminated by these panels, that group must hold a lottery and the loser, or winner (depending on your point of view) must be straped to a gurney and lethally injected to induse death on that former panel member...
The immediate benefit will be a lack of people wanting to get a job on those panels...
Just my opinion...
Even better, for every lawmaker that voted for this bill, put them on the gurney as well...With the death panel lottery loser, and tell them one of you will receive the lethal dose, one of you will not...
I think it is a win/win situation from where I am sitting...
Besides the 5 mentioned, I have 2 other realities closing in on us.
1. Due to many factors like huge deductibles, higher insurance costs and questions like “Are you really covered by any insurance”, some doctor offices are being impacted re less patients being seen by patients’s choice, doctors’s choice, or a combination.
Since early last August, I have been a frequent “flyer” with a large N. California Ortho practice via pre surgery visits and post surgery visits.
Until this year, their parking lot has been filled up and their waiting room has been packed. Sometimes we had to wait 5 or more minutes just to announce that we were there and what doctor.
Yesterday, the parking lot looked like a parking lot for a losing pro football team in January.
When, we went into the there were two other patients, senior citizens like me filling out paperwork.
There were no patients at the checkin desk, and we checked in about 15 minutes early. My Ortho doc’s RN, who was standing by the office, said to come on back. In the past a 15 to 30 minute wait in the waiting room was SOP. We went back to one of his exam/treatment rooms. Glancing at the little colored plastic flags outside the exam room door, only one other room had a patient in it. Usually all the doors had flags are sticking out to notify an X ray tech, rn or the doctor.
It was time for another X Ray. Instead of waiting 15 to 30 minutes as usual, the X Ray tech was right at the door to take me to back to the X Ray room. Both X Ray rooms were empty. So there was no waiting an X Ray room. I was in and out in minutes instead of another 15 minutes in the X Ray room.
On the way back I saw my doctor talking to some staff, he is usually so busy, they have to line up to get a couple of minutes.
I had barely got back to the exam room, when the X Ray tech
came in and said my X Rays were ready. Then, he put copies of them on the viewer.
Then, my doctor came in and he spent about 15 minutes with us. He answered all of our questions and said he would see us in 4 weeks.
My wife stopped at the appt. desk to make the appointment. That used to take about 15-20 minutes fitting our time slot with the Doc’s. So I went out to our car as standing is still not fun. I was barely in the car when she came out with the new appt. card. She said that she got the first day and time she requested with no problem.
We were in, X Rayed, seen by the RN and doctor and had a new appointment in about 35 minutes.
On the way out of the parking lot, I pointed out to my wife,the newest Doc in the group still talking with what appeared to be a patient or potential patient on the north end of the parking lot. My wife said it looked like a free curbside consultation.
Good for us and bad for people not seeing the doctors with orthopedic pain.
2. Second Reality, we live in what has been basically a recession proof area, and since December we are seeing signs that disposable income is apparently down.
The busy restaurants where we treat ourselves to lunch once or twice a week are not that busy.
The lady that cuts my hair once a month has called in December and this month to change my appointment as she didn’t have enough customers to come in. Up to the Obozocare fiasco, I had to make an appt 4 weeks in advance with some time spent getting her schedule to match mine.
My wife’s pedicure/manicure place is doing similar appointment changes actions. She is not seeing drop ins when she is there, which used to be a common action. She said no one is waiting for a pedi/mani or a massage.
Even with our schools back in session this week, traffic is definitely lighter throughout the town.