Skip to comments.Golf, Not Drought, Brings Obama to California
Posted on 02/14/2014 11:39:03 AM PST by Sir Napsalot
President Barack Obama will arrive in Fresno, California today to meet local communities to discuss the severe drought that is one of the words in recorded history, and which has seen water allocations to farmers cut to zero. Analysis have puzzled over why the president would make the trip, since his party's environmental policies are blamed by farmers for prioritizing fish populations over farms. Fresno is also the heart of the Central Valley and therefore solid Republican territory, far from the liberal coastal cities where Obama does his fundraising.
There is, of course, the possibility that the president just might want to meet with victims of the drought, as he met with victims of Hurricane Sandy. But that 2012 trip occurred right before a presidential election, with an obvious payoff. (The president had barely bothered to visit victims of Hurricane Isaac several months before.) It is not clear what the poetical payoff of a visit to the Central Valley might be, since neither Senator is up for re-election, and while there are a few vulnerable Democrats in the state, it is too early for Obama to provide help.
The answer to the riddle is provided later in the president's schedule. Following his trip to Fresno, he will go to Palm Springs to meet with King Abdullah of Jordan to discuss the Syrian civil war, the Iranian negotiations, the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, and other issues. But there was no need for Obama to meet Abdullah in Palm Springs: as the Times of Israel notes, Abdullah was already in Washington, DC and the two could easily have met there instead. The Times also notes that the president is expected to play golf over the long weekend.
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
Don't think these two will take their 'retirement' well.
Golfers understand the deal on the course and the conversation that never happens.
He really, really likes golf... its on his mind almost as much as Islamic themes (”57 states” “call of the muezzin one of the prettiest sounds”), LGBT themes, racial politics, and lest we forget, Marxism.
Er, how exactly do they water these golf courses in Palm Springs?
Should be in the low 90’s today.
I’m sure they’ll loot the treasury before they leave. Maybe they already have.
Or they can steal anything not nailed down in the White House. Criminals that they are, they probably know some good fences who will get them top dollar.
Obama is a saint for putting the nation’s needs ahead of time with his wife on Valentine’s week end.
In and Out sales sky rocket ....
King Obama! I’ll sign my scorecard for whatever score I want!!! That’s the thing about being King!! I can shoot a 59 anytime I want!!!
Its a dreary winter in DC and Bam wants to spend more time in the warm sunshine. Of course that means golf thrown in the mix. You don’t see him setting foot in his beloved Chitcago at this time of year. Caleeforneea is Hawaii plan B.
Golfers will understand these.
1. These greens are so fast I have to hold my putter over the ball and hit it with the shadow.
~ Sam Snead
2. I was three over today: One over a house, one over a patio and one over a swimming pool..
~ George Brett
3. Actually, the only time I ever took out a one-iron was to kill a tarantula. And I took a 7 to do that.
~ Jim Murray
4. The only sure rule in golf is - he who has the fastest cart never has to play the bad lie.
~ Mickey Mantle
5. Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you’re not good at them.
~ Kevin Costner
6. I don’t fear death, but I sure don’t like those three-footers for par.
~ Chi Chi Rodriguez
7. After all these years, it’s still embarrassing for me to play on the American golf tour. Like the time I asked my caddie for a sand wedge and he came back ten minutes later with a ham on rye.
~ Chi Chi Rodriguez
8. The ball retriever is not long enough to get my putter out of the tree.
~ Brian Weis
9. Swing hard in case you hit it.
~ Dan Marino
10. My favorite shots are the practice swing and the conceded putt. The rest can never be mastered .
~ Lord Robertson
11. Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.
~ Jack Benny
12. There is no similarity between golf and putting; they are two different games, one played in the air, and the other on the ground.
~ Ben Hogan
13. Professional golf is the only sport where, if you win 20% of the time, you’re the best.
~ Jack Nicklaus
14. The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. It’s almost a law.
~ H. G. Wells
15. I never pray on a golf course. Actually, the Lord answers my prayers everywhere except on the course.
~ Billy Graham
16. If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play at it, it’s recreation. If you work at it, it’s golf.
~ Bob Hope
17. While playing golf today, I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.
~ Henny Youngman
18. You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work.
~ Lee Trevino
What a Valentine’s Day gift from Michelle, for the extra time off in Hawaii pre-50th birthday bash.
“All alone”, no Michelle, no MIL.
I would say that I cared, but Kali went for him twice and every dem since Reagan, so you got your little Marxist, enjoy him.
He always does well in CA, raising funds for the Dems.
“Obama is a saint for putting the nations needs ahead of time with his wife on Valentines week end.”
Best post of the day.
We never hear how good he is at the game, I’d be glad to wager he stinks. Just another aspect of his life that is hidden.
Is Reggie on his bag? Caddy, I mean.
“Im sure theyll loot the treasury before they leave. Maybe they already have.”
And why do you think they squandered about $500,000,000 on a known incompetent company run by one of Moochelle’s cronies to unsuccessfully launch the MahdiCare website other than to provide glorious gobs of kickbacks for the Mahdi and Moochelle??
Oh geeze, my son and his family just left for ,the long weekend, in Palm Springs.
He and a buddy rented Sonny and Cher’s house. it looks pretty sensational.
But...Michelle and her new blue dress are being left behind in DC in the snow while Barry’s off to see the farmers and the King...on Valentine’s Day? What’s wrong with this picture?