Skip to comments.Gingrich Calls Sebelius, Obamacare Insiders ‘Nut-Cake Ideologues’
Posted on 04/12/2014 7:05:13 PM PDT by kingattax
The former House speaker and Republican presidential candidate calls Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and other Democrats are nut-cake ideologues and less than competent.
Gingrich is among the prominent Republicans appearing Saturday at a GOP Freedom Summit in Manchester, N.H., the Associated Press noted. Several potential Republican White House contenders among them Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Sen. Ted Cruz, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee are headlining the conference hosted by the conservative groups Citizens United and Americans for Prosperity.
Gingrich and other speakers attacked the health law a central piece of the GOPs strategy heading into the fall elections.
(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...
Newt may not be perfect, but you gotta love his turn of phrase.
Newt showed the flag... that matters.
The real issue is to stop them in their “oops, didn’t work, now we have to go Single Payer”, which was the real goal all along.
How does Huckabee keep getting invites to headline these events??
He released a cop-killer, that should disqualify him forever.
There needs to be a Huckabee rule. No references to MH without an accompanying "Deliverance" family picture.
I still say we should have elected Newt. :-)
Newt should have been our candidate on the last go round...but Rush Limbaugh destroyed him by saying Gingrich was “anti-business” because Gingrich ran an ad responding to one of Romney’s more vicious attacks on him.
Rush originally denied that he loved Romney, but I remember Rush practically bursting into tears when he talked about “how decent Romney and [his wife, whatever her name was]” looked when they stepped up on stage somewhere to greet Rush.
I hope Rush Limbaugh has no influence on this next campaign, because he has destroyed more good candidates than anybody here can probably name.
I voted for Newt in the Michigan Republican primary. Seriously, I can’t think of a Speaker of the House whom I’ve admired more. He’s a brilliant man
I voted for Newt too and contributed to him. He was certainly the class of the last presidential primary bunch.
Is that not the craziest thing? The administration’s spokesdude has his house decorated with Soviet propaganda posters. Yes his wife lived in Moscow for while and collected Soviet historical stuff, but still.
ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!
This evil administration should be under attack 24/7!
“I still say we should have elected Newt. :-)”
I was all for Newt.
Freedom Summit was a great program, carried on C-Span and will probably be repeated several times over the next few days - a series of very good speakers, including Laura Ingraham, who is apparently starting on a regular basis on ABC’s This Week every Sunday.....
I saw Newt and Callista when they came to Federal Way, Washington. They are wonderful people. I asked if they are in touch with Sarah Palin and they said, “Yes indeed they were!” That’s all I needed.
We lost a good man because of the B.S. “baggage” buzzword. Both of his previous wives were a toxic liability to his political aspirations. Instead of “baggage” they were a millstone.
I’m with you. But Newt had too much “baggage”.
~Newt Gingrich, 2012
====== NEWT GINGRICH'S GREAT 2012 CAMPAIGN SPEECHES ======
CPAC 2012 Speech -- Newt Gingrich, U.S. President Elect
CPAC 2012 Speech -- Sarah Palin, U.S. Vice President Elect
Nancy Reagan (1995) : Ronnie turned that Torch over to Newt
NRA Second Amendent Speech -- Newt Gingrich
U.S. Energy Independence in 2012 -- Speech
U.S. Energy Independence in 2012 -- Newt Gingrich
"America's Space Renaissance" in Florida !
Newt Gingrich -- Vision for America in Space Again
Why is Newt Gingrich So Angry ?
Newt Gingrich : South Carolina Victory Speech (2012-01-21)
Newt Gingrich : Christmas Day in 1776 George Washington's "Victory or Death"
Newt Stoutly Defends the Second Amendment (Right to Bear Arms)
Newt Gingrich Constitutional Removal of Radial-Liberal Federal Judges
Newt Slams an "Increasingly Radical" EPA
Newt Defends Israel and Shows how the Palestinians are an "Invented" people !
Newt Warns against the Proposed 9-11 NYC Islamic Mosque and Islamic Sharia Law
Gingrich Compares Radical-Isalmics Muslims To Nazis
Newt Gingrich On The Threat Of Radical Islam
Newt Gingrich Americas Defense of Judea-Christian Ideals and Defense against Islamic Fascism
Gingrich: Aggressive Prosecution of Radical-Militant U.S. Muslim Groups
Newt Gingrich: Response to CNNs John King Divorce Question
Newt Gingrich to Juan Williams: Americans Want Paychecks, Not Food Stamps
Gingrich BLASTS Chris Wallace for his "Gotcha" Questions at Iowa Debate
Newt Destroys Ron Paul's Foreign Policy Vis-à-Vis Killing Osama bin Laden
Gingrich: My Credential Is 4.2% Unemployment
Newt Slams Obama's Stupidity on the Keystone Pipeline
Gingrich attacks Federal Reserve (Bernanke and Geitner) Deception and Corruption
Newt Discusses Job Creation and Dismantling Federal (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
Newt: No American President Should Bow to a Saudi King
Newt Gingrich: Super PAC Committee Is Washington's Dumbest Idea
====== NEWT GINGRICH'S GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS ======
Newt Gingrich understands ... what many of us know to be true ...
America is dangerously close to becoming a Marxist Godless Socialist Second-World nation ...
While in congress, Newt
* Founded the Conservative Opportune Society which met weekly to discuss ideas many of which were adopted by Reagan during his second term supporting the groups conservative goals on economic growth, education, crime, and social issues.
* Co founded the Congressional Military Reform Caucus and the Congressional Aviation and Space Caucus
* Led charges against the Democrat Speaker of the House Jim Wright
* Became House Minority Whip in 1989
* In 1990, he came up with a paper titled Language, a Key Mechanism of Control, that encouraged Republicans to speak like Newt and contained lists of contrasting words words with negative connotations such as radical, sick, and traitors and optimistic positive governing words such as opportunity, courage, and principled, that Gingrich recommended for use in describing Democrats and Republicans, respectively Now we know why he is so good with words during the debates.
* Gingrich and several other Republicans, in an effort to offer an alternative to Democratic policies and to unite distant wings of the Republican Party came up with a Contract with America which laid out ten policies that Republicans promised to bring to a vote on the House floor during the first hundred days of the new Congress if they won the elections. The contract was signed by Gingrich and other Republican candidates for the House of Representatives. The contract ranged from issues such as welfare reform, term limits, tougher crime laws, and a balanced budget law, to more specialized legislation such as restrictions on American military participation in UN missions. In the November 1994 elections, Republicans gained 54 seats and took control of the House for the first time since 1954.
* Congress fulfilled Gingrichs Contract promise to bring all ten of the Contracts issues to a vote within the first 100 days of the session
* Legislation proposed by the 104th US Congress included term limits for Congressional Representatives, tax cuts, welfare reform, and a balanced budget amendment, as well as independent auditing of the finances of the House of Representatives and elimination of non-essential services such as the House barbershop and shoe-shine concessions.
* Newt led the Republican majority to an re-election in 1996, the first time Republicans had done so in 68 years, and the first time simultaneously with a Democratic president winning re-election.
* In 1996, Newt pushed for the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act which was intended to reconstruct the welfare system. The act gave state governments more autonomy over welfare delivery, while also reducing the federal governments responsibilities. It instituted the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, which placed time limits on welfare assistance and replaced the longstanding Aid to Families with Dependent Children program. Other changes to the welfare system included stricter conditions for food stamp eligibility, reductions in immigrant welfare assistance, and recipient work requirements. The said act was signed into law on Aug 22, 1996.
* Pushed Clinton for a Federal Balanced Budget- The plan included a total of $152 billion in Republican sponsored tax cuts over five years. Other major parts of the spending plan called for $115 billion to be saved through a restructuring of Medicare, $24 billion set aside to extend health insurance to children of the working poor, tax credits for college tuition, and a $2 billion welfare-to-work jobs initiative. Plan was to have a balanced budget by 2002 but was achieved in 1999, three years ahead of schedule.
* Through the Contract with America, Gingrich was credited with the largest Capital Gains Tax Cut in US History with the 1997 US Tax Relief Act
If you know anyone in the Newt organization, tell them the pubbies need to become advocates of something more ambitions than energy Independence. That was ambitious 5 years ago. But now its baked into the numbers pretty much. Its going to happen in 4-5 years. Obama does pretty much every thing he can to stop it. But its happening anyway. The pubbies don’t have to lift a finger. Energy independence will happen on the watch of whoever is in the white house in 2018. They’ll get credit for it even though they had absolutely nothing to do with it.
The visionary strategy for the pubbies is the same strategy as that of Ronald Reagan. He won the cold war by bankrupting the Russians. He bankrupted the russians by talking the saudis into pushing a lot of oil onto the market and collapsing the price of oil. Then as now the Russians were/are a resource economy totally dependent on oil/gas. When oil/gas prices collapsed the old soviet union collapsed.
The visionary policy for the pubbies now is to collapse the price of energy—but not by making that the official goal on which to attach the GOP brand. Why not? The collapse of energy prices is already baked into current technological developments. T Boone Pickens plan for natural gas and trucks is coming together. There are now natural gas stations all over the USA provided by a half dozen different companies. The sale of natural gas trucks and busses is increasing by about 30% annually. Elon Musk’s electric cars are bringing electric cars into the mainstream. Electric car sales have increased by a factor of 5 in the last two years. Musk plans to sell 500,000 electric cars by 2020. What’s most important about the Tesla in this regard is that it is forcing up electric car development budgets in the major car companies around the world.So that sales will increase substantially over the coming years. But the demand for gasoline is so strong that even as these alternatives grow robustly in the next decade —it will still be 15 years before the price of oil finally collapses.
The federal government needs to do nothing in this. Its going to happen anyway; and while its all very nice —its not what will make the 21st century successful.
What will make the 21st century successful is an order of magnitude more energy at a fraction of today’s current costs. Just as oil and electricity did for the 20th century.
Even success here is already pretty much baked into current R&D.
Success will come byo of 4th generation portable nuclear reactors and specifically lftr thorium reactors. The USA, China, Russia, India Europe are all currently involved in this thorium related research. Likely sometime in the next 2-3 years a very public race will break out to develop the first lftr thorium reactor.
The reason success here is already baked into the R&D is because successful demonstration reactors were done in the late 1960’s. They already have the plans. (These reactors were abandoned in the 1970’s because they were not dual use. Their fuel couldn’t be turned into nuclear weapons.)
The lftr thorium reactors will be able to deliver energy at 1/4-1/10 current cheapest electricity.
That’s big and important but its still not the vision thing. Its still not the vision thing that the pubbies should embrace. Much cheaper much more abundant energy is going to happen anyway.
The problem is that cheap abundant energy is boring.
The vision thing that the pubbies need to do —that if someone proposed it to Newt...he would understand....
the vision thing follows from too cheap to meter energy.
the vision is this: turn the world’s deserts green. increase the habitable size of the USA by 1/3. Triple the habitable size of Mexico and double the size of the habitable earth.
That’s an idea that people can grasp. Its much cheaper and easier to do than flying to Mars. The payoff is many many orders of magnitude higher.
fyi Up to half the cost of desalination is the price of electricity. collapse the cost of energy and desalinized water for agriculture becomes possible. Also cheap energy makes it possible to pump water 1000 miles inland at no great expense.
that’s it. If you can grasp that and communicate it successfully you can save the republican party and the USA and the world.
Here’s the final kicker. The deserts being turned green and the habitable size of the planet being doubled...is going to happen anyway, in a decade or two.
(If that sounds esoteric...do you remember Reagan’s ABM plan dubbed star wars?)
For the pubbies its just a matter of attaching their brand to this idea of turning the desert green.
No, Rush says things sometimes just for the impact (he’s a showman, after all, and that’s how he makes his living - by entertaining). People take them seriously or they take a buzzword he may have used just off the top of his head in describing a candidate and suddenly that becomes their fixed concept of the candidate.
Rush is what he is, and people have to listen to him with the same judgment and prudence as they would listen to any other entertainer or commentator.