Skip to comments.40 Obama quotes on Islam and Christianity
Posted on 06/17/2014 6:27:02 PM PDT by dvan
Obama on Islam:
1. The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam
2. The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer
3. We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world including in my own country.
4. As a student of history, I also know civilizations debt to Islam.
5. Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.
6. Islam has always been part of America
7. we will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities
8. These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islams role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.
9. America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
10. I made it clear that America is not and will never be at war with Islam.
11. Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism it is an important part of promoting peace.
12. So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed
13. In ancient times and in our times, Muslim communities have been at the forefront of innovation and education.
14. Throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.
15. Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality
16. The Holy Koran tells us, O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another.
17. I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.
18. Weve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.
19. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isnt. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.
20. I also know that Islam has always been a part of Americas story.
Compare those to 20 of Obama quotes on Christianity:
1. Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation
2. We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation.
3. Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith?
4. Even those who claim the Bibles inerrancy make distinctions between Scriptural edicts, sensing that some passages the Ten Commandments, say, or a belief in Christs divinity are central to Christian faith, while others are more culturally specific and may be modified to accommodate modern life.
5. The American people intuitively understand this, which is why the majority of Catholics practice birth control and some of those opposed to gay marriage nevertheless are opposed to a Constitutional amendment to ban it. Religious leadership need not accept such wisdom in counseling their flocks, but they should recognize this wisdom in their politics.
6. From Obamas book, The Audacity of Hope: I am not willing to have the state deny American citizens a civil union that confers equivalent rights on such basic matters as hospital visitation or health insurance coverage simply because the people they love are of the same sexnor am I willing to accept a reading of the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount.
7. Obamas response when asked what his definition of sin is: Being out of alignment with my values.
8. If all it took was someone proclaiming I believe Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins, and that was all there was to it, people wouldnt have to keep coming to church, would they.
9. This is something that Im sure Id have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. Theres the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people havent embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that theyre going to hell.
10. I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell. I cant imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity. Thats just not part of my religious makeup.
11. I dont presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. But I feel very strongly that whether the reward is in the here and now or in the hereafter, the aligning myself to my faith and my values is a good thing.
12. Ive said this before, and I know this raises questions in the minds of some evangelicals. I do not believe that my mother, who never formally embraced Christianity as far as I know I do not believe she went to hell.
13. Those opposed to abortion cannot simply invoke Gods willthey have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths.
14. On his support for civil unions for gay couples: If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount.
15. You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothings replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And its not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who arent like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
16. In our household, the Bible, the Koran and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology
17. On Easter or Christmas Day, my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites.
18. We have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own
19. All of us have a responsibility to work for the day when the mothers of Israelis and Palestinians can see their children grow up without fear; when the Holy Land of the three great faiths is the place of peace that God intended it to be; when Jerusalem is a secure and lasting home for Jews and Christians and Muslims, and a place for all of the children of Abraham to mingle peacefully together as in the story of Isra (applause) as in the story of Isra, when Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, peace be upon them, joined in prayer. (Applause.)
20. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. You can find this list, with links referencing each quote, here.
What a dip wad.
You’ve got to see this Geezer!
The is FAR more evidence that Obama is a Muslim that there is that he is a Christian. If he wants to b a Muslim, fine, just stop the charade.
America’s first mixed race, foreign-born, homosexual muslim. That covers a lot of bases.
Everything about him is creepy.
Pretty much mutually exclusive.
Ø wouldn't fare well under Sharia law.
Mark post # 8.
I will grudgingly accept the notion that some people were deceived in 2008, but all of this was crystal clear by 2012 and America still re-elected this guy.
There are plenty of hard-core leftists who are sympathetic to Islam. The real problem here is the American voters. God save this nation.
God promises to save our nation if American Christians will do their part:
2 CHRONICLES 7:14
If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Hillqary met alinsky and wrote her Wellesly senior thesis on his tactics “There is Only the Fight”. Zer0 was also an alynski desciple and underwent training at the Industrial Areas Foundation where he learned community organizing (stoking up rage). Hillary will finish Zer0’s work if she gets into the executive branch. alynsky dedicated “rules for radicals” to the first radical....lucifer. The same deity zer0 and hillary have sold out to.
The list, Ping
Let me know if you would like to be on or off the ping list
Freep-mail me to get on or off my pro-life and Catholic List:
Please ping me to note-worthy Pro-Life or Catholic threads, or other threads of general interest.
He’s insane——and the ruination of our country.
>> We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world including in my own country.
Ipso facto he’s not speaking of the United States.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.