Skip to comments.N.S.A. Records Detail Surveillance of American Muslim Leaders [Bush's "fault"]
Posted on 07/09/2014 4:39:32 PM PDT by SJackson
WASHINGTON A new report based on documents provided by Edward J. Snowden has identified five American Muslims, including the leader of a civil-rights group, as having been subjected to surveillance by the National Security Agency.
The disclosure of what were described as specific domestic surveillance targets by The Intercept, published by First Look, was a rare glimpse into some of the most closely held secrets by counterespionage and terrorism investigators. The article raised questions about the basis for the domestic spying, even as it was condemned by the government as irresponsible and damaging to national security.
The report was based on what it described as a spreadsheet of email addresses said to have been monitored between 2002 and 2008, and was co-written by Glenn Greenwald, a primary recipient of the trove of documents leaked by Mr. Snowden, the former N.S.A. contractor.
The document is titled F.I.S.A. Recap, suggesting that the eavesdropping took place under the process authorized by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
Among those identified by First Look as having been subjected to surveillance were Hooshang Amirahmadi, a Rutgers University professor who is the president of the American Iranian Council, a public policy group that works on diplomatic issues regarding relations with Iran, and Nihad Awad, the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations or C.A.I.R., a Muslim civil rights organization.
(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
Also on the list Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan, now good terrorists. Let CAIR whine all they want. The government went to the FISA courts for warrants.
1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male.
2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.
3. In 1972 a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach, it was blown up shortly after
landing by Muslim males.
4. In 1973 a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome , with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.
5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim males.
6. During the 1980’s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.
7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim males.
8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his
wheelchair by Muslim males.
9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.
10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.
11. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim males.
12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.
13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one
crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.
14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.
15. In 2002, reporter Dan Pearl was kidnapped and beheaded by-—you guessed it was a-— Muslim male.
16. In 2013, Boston Marathon Bombing 4 Innocent people including a child killed, 264 injured by 2 Muslim males.
No, I really don’t see a pattern here do you?
Bill Stills interview with Bill Binney who was in the NSA for 37 years until October 2001. His last position within the organization was Technical Director of The World For Geopolitical and Military Analysis and Reporting Group.
And the problem is?
‘Twould seem that any problem that exists would be more directly associated with NOT SPYING ON THE SLIMY RELIGION ENOUGH.
Proud of their 2000-2008 activities. Good job NSA.