Skip to comments.
New Trial granted for Republican suing U of Iowa Law School
Des Moines Register
| Grant Rodgers
Posted on 07/17/2014 2:23:53 AM PDT by iowamark
Gannett paper, link only:
TOPICS: Culture/Society; News/Current Events; US: Iowa
posted on 07/17/2014 2:23:53 AM PDT
http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2014/07/8th-circuit-orders.html Following up on my previous posts (links below) about Teresa Wagner's federal lawsuit claiming she was denied a faculty position because of her conservative views: the Eighth Circuit today reversed and ordered a new trial. Wagner v. Jones, No. 13- 1650 (8th Cir. July 15, 2014).
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Unsuccessful Iowa Legal Writing Faculty Candidate Sues, Claiming Discrimination Due to Her Conservative Views (Jan. 29, 2009)
- Judge Dismisses Claim by Unsuccessful Iowa Legal Writing Faculty Candidate Alleging Discrimination Due to Her Conservative Views (Apr. 2, 2010)
- Unsuccessful Iowa Legal Writing Faculty Candidate Appeals Dismissal of Suit Claiming Discrimination Due to Her Conservative Views (July 13, 2010)
- 8th Circuit Re-institutes Discrimination Lawsuit by Unsuccessful Republican Faculty Candidate Against Iowa Law School Dean (Dec. 29, 2011)
- NY Times on Unsuccessful Republican Law Faculty Candidate's Discrimination Lawsuit Against Iowa (Jan. 10, 2012)
- Federal Trial Begins Today in Unsuccessful Republican Faculty Candidate's Discrimination Complaint Against Iowa Law School (Oct. 15, 2012)
- Iowa Law Prof: School Retaliated Against Me for Testifying That Liberal Bias 'Corrupts Everything School Touches' (Oct. 19, 2012)
- Jury Splits in Conservative Faculty Candidate's Hiring Bias Suit Against Iowa Law School (Oct. 25, 2012)
- Jurors Agree: University of Iowa Law School Discriminated Against Faculty Applicant Due to Her Conservative Views (Nov. 24, 2012)
- District Judge Dismisses Conservative Faculty Candidate's Motion for New Trial in Bias Suit Against Iowa Law School (Mar. 11, 2013)
- WSJ: 8th Circuit to Hear Appeal by Unsuccessful Republican Faculty Candidate Against Iowa Law School Dean (Feb. 10, 2014)
posted on 07/17/2014 2:26:37 AM PDT
(I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy)
The last sentence says it all:
"Jurors told The Des Moines Register . . that they believed Wagner was discriminated against due to her political beliefs, but also said they did not want to hold the former dean personally accountable."
This shows how successful Democrap philosophy is. Under liberalism, the guilty are never held accountable.
posted on 07/17/2014 9:35:53 AM PDT
(1 John 3:23)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson