Skip to comments.U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Gov. Rick Scott: We're watching you
Posted on 08/01/2014 9:33:47 AM PDT by jazusamo
WASHINGTON U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sent a scathing letter to Gov. Rick Scott over voting changes in Florida and issued a warning that the Justice Department is "carefully monitoring" the state.
"Whenever warranted by the facts and the law, we will not hesitate to use all tools and legal authorities at our disposal to fight against racial discrimination, to stand against disenfranchisement and to safeguard the right of every eligible American to cast a ballot," Holder wrote.
Scott's office dismissed it as a "bizarre attempt to help Charlie Crist."
The letter, dotted with pointed language and examples of changes that have been enacted under Scott, comes months before the Republican governor faces off in an expected showdown with Democrat Crist.
"I am deeply disturbed that during your tenure your state has repeatedly added barriers to voting and restricted access to the polls," Holder wrote, citing a 2011 decision to narrow early voting "that had previously enabled thousands of Floridians to cast ballots." Holder said it was "widely recognized as a disaster."
The Legislature in 2011 passed a bill that reduced early voting days from 14 to eight and made it harder for third-party groups to register prospective voters, among other things. The state also attempted to purge noncitizens from the voter rolls, which critics said intimidated eligible voters.
Those changes were brought about after Barack Obama's victory in 2008, which some Republicans blamed on then GOP Gov. Crist's executive order expanding early voting hours. Crist also won changes making it easier for felons to regain voting rights.
(Excerpt) Read more at tampabay.com ...
I wish Eric Holder would do his job. That means protecting the borders as ICE works for him, controlling the drug flow into the country, as DEA works for him, and stopping TSA’s from stealing from customers as they work for him also
Yep, butt out, Holder. Your wonderful democrat run utopias of Chicago and Detroit aren’t going to cut it here.
Bullshit you black mother fucking racist! We’re watching you Holder!
Banned from FreeRepublic but NOT silent!
Holder is the biggest racist, maybe more than Jesse J...?
I think so.
I think so too, they’re at least on a par.
Does he realize that we’re 72% and they’re 12%? Or does he think that the military is solidly behind him?
Affirmative action requires that he didn’t have to take math, or anything harder than lunch and recess for that matter.
- I would venture that the alleged 12% of American baracks is too high &/or dropping like a crackhead politician with Obama and Holder bringing in mega thousands of Cenrtral Americans including MS13 drug gang bastards -
- Hispanics were numbering about 14% but that would not include illegal alien Hispanics
- #1 - Baracks in the USA are encouraged to kill their offspring at taxpayer-funded abortion mills while Hispanics churn out kids like rabbits on steroids; I am thinking that barracks are or soon will be under 12% right now and Hispanics will or are over 15% of our US residents -
- Now why are Obama and Holder so dedicated to reduce the number of barracks in America - especially the unborn?
- Is Obama planning on getting his piece of the action under the table from the Mexican and Columbian drug cartel honchos? Are there deposits now being made to Obama and Holder in foreign &/or offshore banks or mid eastern Muzzie banks?
- Is that beyond the realm of possibility sports fans?
PS - Isn’t it time for Obama to go on a long golfing vacation in Africa again?
Get your shots B Hussein II - don’t kiss any alleged mammal bipeds or cute caddies while you are there.
Wait, you mean Holder is still in office? I thought he was booted for his contempt of congress, and his unwillingness to appoint a special prosectuor or charge anyone in the IRS scandal.
Holder writes, “I am deeply disturbed”
No need to go any further, ‘cause that’s all you need to know about him.
Yep, he’s definitely disturbed just as his boss is. They should both be in the graybar hotel.
Your 15 minutes is coming to an End Holder
“ the right of every eligible American to vote” — to Holder that means the dead, the illegals, the second an third voters etc, cause they are the ones that vote Democrat. Holder belongs in jail. Let a white man or Republican do what this ass is doing and he would be run out of office — hell, he would be run out of office for a lot less. But he gets a pass from the media because he is Black.
I believe that ICE and TSA are under DHS not DOJ but I get your point.
Just trying to rally the Dems and get them riled up.