Skip to comments.Parkland Teenager Kyle Kashuv Corrects Piers Morganís Anti-Gun Claims
Posted on 04/04/2018 8:19:43 AM PDT by rktman
According to an article by reporter Samantha Chang for Bizpac Review, Piers Morgan and Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv dug into an epic Twitter battle which underscored how little Morgan knows about the U.S. Constitution.
The clash began when Morgan slammed London Mayor Sadiq Khan regarding his reaction to a rash of stabbings in the city that has propelled its murder rate to a 13-year high.
Very disturbing, the television personality posted. This is happening on YOUR watch, Mr Mayor -- what are you going to do about it?
Kashuv joined the discussion by tweeting:
But Piers, gun control totally worked and made everyone safer! (It didn't because criminals bought knives.)
I have the answer... #BanAssaultKnives they're weapons of war.
Morgan responded by taking the discourse in a different direction. Kyle, why did America ban automatic weapons if its only about the people not the guns?
(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
The young man could also remind Piers that the U.K.’s violent crime rate was far lower in particularly the years before 1967 when police permits for legally acquiring shotguns were first required. Violent crime in that country also went up (and stayed much higher compared to the years before the late 1960s) when wide sweeping gun control laws were created and passed following the murders in Hungerford and Dunblane.
Well done, Kyle. Well done indeed.
More people should refer to the Federalist Papers when debating the left, they have total ignorance about those fantastic documents.
This is what we need more of. That school had 2,972 students at the start of the 2017 school year. There has to be pro-gun rights students in there, and/or students that simply resent Hogg and company making names of themselves off their classmates’ dead bodies. They’re the only ones that can effectively penetrate the mainstream media’s cone of immunity currently shielding Hogg from all dissent.
Except the msm won’t give them nearly the same platform as hogg and emma get. Opposition? No thanks.
Can you imagine the mainstream media ever giving a 17-year-old espousing any sort of conservative view the same mass, widespread fawning coverage awarded to Hogg and González? I sure as hell can't.
Didn’t see a lot of coverage of the PRO 2nd walk out at Rockledge HS in Rockledge FL the other day either. About 5 miles from where we used to live in Cocoa FL. Which is also (Cocoa) where Kel-Tec has it’s plant. Brevard County FL is a good place. Knights (weapons) is also there near Titusville.
So carrying a knife as a weapon in London is like carrying a banned gun here in America.
BRITISH KNIFE LAWS
Selling, buying and carrying knives
- The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and an unlimited fine.
- Youll get a prison sentence if youre convicted of carrying a knife more than once.
Basic laws on knives
It is illegal to:
- sell a knife to anyone under 18 (16 to 18 year olds in Scotland can buy cutlery and kitchen knives) unless its a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62cm) or less
- carry a knife in public without good reason - unless its a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62cm) or less
- carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
- use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife)
Lock knives are not classed as folding knives and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.
- Lock knives have blades that can be locked and refolded only by pressing a button
- Lock knives can include multi-tool knives - tools that also contain other devices such as a screwdriver or can opener
Banned knives and weapons
It is illegal to bring into the UK, sell, hire, lend or give anyone the following:
Contact your local police to check if a knife or weapon is illegal.
- butterfly knives (also known as balisongs) - a blade hidden inside a handle that splits in the middle
- disguised knives - a blade or sharp point hidden inside what looks like everyday objects such as a buckle, phone, brush or lipstick
- flick knives (also known as switchblades or automatic knives) - a blade hidden inside a handle which shoots out when a button is pressed
- gravity knives
- stealth knives - a knife or spike not made from metal (except when used at home, for food or a toy)
- zombie knives - a knife with a cutting edge, a serrated edge and images or words suggesting it is used for violence
- swords, including samurai swords - a curved blade over 50cm (with some exceptions, such as antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)
- sword-sticks - a hollow walking stick or cane containing a blade
- push daggers
- blowpipes (blow gun)
- telescopic truncheons - extend automatically by pressing button or spring in the handle
- batons - straight, side-handled or friction-lock truncheons
- hollow kubotans - a cylinder-shaped keychain holding spikes
- shurikens (also known as shaken, death stars or throwing stars)
- kusari-gama - a sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire
- kyoketsu-shoge - a hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire
- kusari (or manrikigusari) - a weight attached to a rope, cord, wire
- hand or foot-claws knuckledusters
Good reasons for carrying a knife or weapon
Examples of good reasons to carry a knife or weapon in public can include:
A court will decide if youve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if youre charged with carrying it illegally.
- taking knives you use at work to and from work
- taking it to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
- if itll be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, for example the kirpan some Sikhs carry
- if itll be used in a demonstration or to teach someone how to use it
The Media are making Hogg and Goblina out to be “survivors” of a shooting that never endangered them.....That’s sort of like deciding to make a 2nd string Long Snapper the face of the Super Bowl champions.
He’s a smart kid, that’s for sure