Skip to comments.Trump Served Fast Food at the White House and Some People Are Freaking Out About It
Posted on 01/15/2019 11:51:16 AM PST by Kaslin
Monday night the Clemson Football National Champions made a visit to the White House where President Trump hosted them for dinner in the State Dining Room. The President personally paid for a lavish spread of fast food from a variety of establishments.
The President wanted to host a fun event to celebrate the College Football National Champion Clemson Tigers. Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed so the President is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyones favorite fast foods, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders released in a statement.
Heres a video I shot of President Trump showing off his 300 hamburgers. pic.twitter.com/P06S6I5w07 Hunter Walker (@hunterw) January 14, 2019
Earlier this evening, President @realDonaldTrump treated the Clemson Tigers football team to dinner in the State Dining Room! #ALLIN pic.twitter.com/P5JAo6yzfR The White House (@WhiteHouse) January 15, 2019
"I think we're going to serve McDonald's, Wendy's, & Burger King, with some pizza. I would think that's their favorite food." Trump, on Clemson football team visit pic.twitter.com/QPQ5SFSZhQ Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) January 14, 2019
While the Clemson Tigers seemed to be enjoying themselves, a number of President Trump's critics lost their minds over the presentation.
1. US fast food emerges out of a vast network of animal suffering & ecological destruction & in turn has produced an epidemic of ill health. In large swathes of the country it is the cheapest & sometimes only option, thanks to a skein of implicit & explicit subsidies ... https://t.co/DmXHMrCcH0 David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
2. ... backed by ubiquitous, relentless corporate advertising. Yet somehow this unholy stew of capitalist exploitation & corporate welfare has taken on a vaguely populist air. Already I guarantee there are people responding to the first tweet calling me a tedious scold. David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
3. Yes, in many places fast food is the cheapest option, so many poor & working class people depend on it. Yes, it tastes good, because it is literally designed in f'ing laboratories to stimulate our taste centers. So, yes, lots of ordinary people eat it & like it! But ... David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
4. ... it is super-weird to then extend fast food some sort of populist credibility, as though to criticize it is to criticize the people who eat it. It seems to me that is exactly what McF'ingDonalds wants. It's what Chevrolet & WalMart want. They all want a protective sheen ... David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
5. ... of virtue, patriotism, populism, down-home community, derived from the people who use their products. But that's just advertising. These are giant multinational corporations. Their primary objective is to deliver quarterly returns to shareholders. All else is subordinate. David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
6. They lobby & bribe politicians to regulate them loosely, to subsidize their products, & above all to help them avoid financial responsibility for the social, health, & ecological damage they do. They plaster advertising on every available surface, object, or medium. David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
7. The status quo is a corrupt deal between multinational corporations & politicians. It's a crap deal for ordinary people, as evidenced by the health outcomes. The fact that they've got ordinary people defending them, casting critics as elitist, is a brilliant f'ing con. David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
8. It's corporatism & crony capitalism masquerading as populism -- a bunch of confused & vaguely reactionary narratives distracting from the core goal of concentrating more wealth & power at the top. In short, it is Trump all over. </fin> pic.twitter.com/0ULyC3Hb3e David Roberts (@drvox) January 15, 2019
The media is also fact checking how many burgers were actually at the event.
Wow. I heard he did that same thing already, has he now done it again?
Oh - the food a giant majority of people outside of DC eat. Go ahead, beat him up for it.
Did they eat it? I’ll bet they did. At that age, my only complaint would have been if Trump hadn’t served enough Taco Bell.
FDR served hot dogs to the King and Queen of England.
So “some people” = @drvox. OK...
The perpetually outraged mean less and less each day.
LOL...... yes they did.
You should have seen the trays of food those football players had. They looked like four story buildings.
LIberals dont find it funny and Erin Burnett was angry over the sexism of Trumps saying Melania and Karen would have made them salad for lunch.
As if women dont belong in the kitchen! No wonder the Left had a cow.
Over that and Big Macs and french fries. Quintessential, classic American street fast food.
Served to hungry football players.
Say the people who wear cosmetics, fur an drive big SUVs.
Is Mad Max calling for impeachment about this???
SEC loves Chick Fil A.
I don't think anybody other than this single guy freaked out. The left does the same thing in reverse, claiming conservatives were melting down about AOC dancing, when literally nobody was.
Don't play the game.
Those are GREAT pictures !
But how are they keeping all those sammichs warm ? ?
Trump finds new ways to outrage the Left and Never Trumpers every day.
How gauche of him!
So is this a high crime or a misdemeanor? Was any Russian dressing served?
Never heard of this David Roberts, but sounds to me like he’s a grade A barking moonbat.
Moochelle would have had her school choice slop for them to dine on.
With that, they’d be told enjoy or else.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.