There is a solution. Both you and your husband should read this book. Good advise from the brat of a USFS man (now retired). HE hates spotted owls.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE LESSONS OF FIRE?
- Fire hastens the recycling of nutrients necessary for plant life
- Plants are adapted to fire and dependent on it
- Some spectacular wildflowers will bloom only after a fire
- Indians used fire to take advantage of its benefits
- Fire helps control pests and plant diseases
- Fire actually helps to protect wildlife by providing rich food sources