Skip to comments.The FReeper Foxhole - Vietnam War Statistics - November 7th, 2004
Posted on 11/06/2004 11:30:20 PM PST by snippy_about_it
are acknowledged, affirmed and commemorated.
| Our Mission:
The FReeper Foxhole is dedicated to Veterans of our Nation's military forces and to others who are affected in their relationships with Veterans.
In the FReeper Foxhole, Veterans or their family members should feel free to address their specific circumstances or whatever issues concern them in an atmosphere of peace, understanding, brotherhood and support.
The FReeper Foxhole hopes to share with it's readers an open forum where we can learn about and discuss military history, military news and other topics of concern or interest to our readers be they Veteran's, Current Duty or anyone interested in what we have to offer.
If the Foxhole makes someone appreciate, even a little, what others have sacrificed for us, then it has accomplished one of it's missions.
We hope the Foxhole in some small way helps us to remember and honor those who came before us.
I. Official Campaigns of the War in Vietnam
1. Vietnam Advisory Campaign (15 March 1962 - 07 March 1965)
2. Vietnam Defense Campaign (08 March 1965 - 24 December 1965)
3. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Campaign (25 December 1965 - 30 June 1966)
4. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Phase II (01 July 1966 - 31 May 1967)
5. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Phase III (01 June 1967 - 29 January 1968)
6. Tet Counteroffensive (30 January 1968 - 01 April 1968)
7. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Phase IV (02 April 1968 - 30 June 1968)
8. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Phase V (01 July 1968 - 01 November 1968)
9. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Phase VI (02 November 1968 - 22 February 1969)
10. Tet 69/Counteroffensive (23 February 1969 - 08 June 1969)
11. Vietnam Summer-Fall 1969 (09 June 1969 - 31 October 1969)
12. Vietnam Winter-Spring 1970 (01 November 1969 - 30 April 1970)
13. Sanctuary Counter-offensive (01 May 1970 - 30 June 1970)
14. Vietnamese Counter-offensive Phase VII (01 July 1970 - 30 June 1971)
15. Consolidation I (01 July 1971 - 30 November 1971)
16. Consolidation II (01 December 1971 - 29 March 1972)
17. Vietnam Ceasefire Campaign (30 March 1972 - 28 March 1973)
IN UNIFORM AND IN COUNTRY
* Missing in Action: 2,338.
* POWs: 766 (114 died in captivity).
DRAFTEES AND VOLUNTEERS
RACE AND ETHNIC BACKGROUND
WINNING & LOSING
I thought in honor of Veterans Day coming soon we should take a look at some of the real numbers involved that pertain to the largest majority of our Veterans today.
Hey! Where's the stat on Kerry being in Cambodia for Christmas?
Good Night Snippy.
LOL. Oh that's right. That's where he got his magic hat that made him a LOSER!!!!
Good night Sam.
Sunday Morning greetings to the intrepid Foxhole painting crew.
Good morning, Snippy and everyone at the Foxhole.
It is there Sam, but you can't see it, because it doesn't exist. I wonder if there is any satistics on people who suffered three minor wounds who left verses the ones who stayed with their buddies.
Good morning Grzegorz.
Good morning Aeronaut.
I wondered about the stats on Viet Nam veterans consorting with the enemy in Paris and Hanoi. But then I realized that the number was mathematically insignificant.
Karry and insignificant. I like those two words together--almost as much as Kerry and irrelevant. As a matter of fact, I am tempted to start a thread on words we like to hear with Kerry. That could be fun.
Kerry and insignificant
Kerry and irrelevant
Kerry and trashheap of history
Kerry and big loser
Kerry and long life with Teresa
Kerry and ......
Good morning alfa6.
It's a two advil morning but the paint job looks great. I'll post pics later this morning. Now it's time for coffee.
Good morning EGC.
Good morning Gail.
I had it there before I didn't have it in there. ;-)
I like them all but this one is my favorite from your list.
It's a bit cloudy this morning temps in the lower 70's
How's it going, Sam?