Skip to comments.Wheels are coming off Bush/Cheney machine
Posted on 02/16/2006 9:00:35 AM PST by rface
That deafening noise we've been hearing is the sound of wheels falling off the most secretive and autocratic presidency in our history.
The disintegration is long overdue. This nation of laws, separation of powers and equal justice has suffered enough.
After five torturous years, we are finally getting a look inside a government led by a cadre of self-righteous demagogues, committed to opportunism, self-aggrandizement and self-enrichment.
Many, including one-time friends and associates of the Bush/Cheney power elite, have been preaching the horrors of what's going on behind closed doors, only to be shouted down, bullied, threatened or smeared.
Even members of their own party are not spared. NewsMax.com, a conservative Web site, recently reported that "White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove has threatened to blacklist any Republican who votes against President Bush in the Senate Judiciary Committee's investigation of the administration's unauthorized wiretapping..."
Fortunately there are those who have had enough and are coming forward.
- Someone in the administration, concerned that the Bush/Cheney cabal is violating Americans' civil liberties, leaked wiretapping information.
- A retired career CIA intelligence officer wrote in the respected "Foreign Affairs" journal that the administration cherry-picked intelligence to justify the invasion of Iraq. This dove-tails with earlier information from ex-administration officials that Bush/Cheney were hell-bent on sending people to die in a country that had nothing whatsoever to do with the 9/11 terror attacks.
And even disgraced insiders are squealing.
- Michael Brown, the fired Katrina debacle scapegoat, turned on his former bosses after they hung him out to dry. He told the Senate under oath that he warned the White House early on that the hurricane was a disaster but was ignored.
- Ex-Cheney chief of staff and indicted perjurer I. Lewis Libby reportedly has testified that he was authorized by his "superiors" to leak classified information as part of a plan to justify the administration's Iraq invasion.
- Associates of lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who the White House would have us believe Bush/Cheney barely knew, are telling tales about how the convicted GOP influence merchant was, in truth, very tight with Bush/Cheney. So much so that he claims to have been invited to the president's ranch - after ponying up $100 grand for the good of the Bush/Cheney cause.
Hopefully, as more people get fed up - for whatever reason - or they grow spines, we'll find out even more about what has happened to this nation since the Supreme Court put this crowd in charge.
Let the cleansing begin.
"Most Secretive" - you are kidding they are completely transparent compared with Clinton/Gore.
Dear editor, I'm pretty sure there's medicine for that...
Thank you, Sara. If there is a decent person left that trusts the media, I don't know him! They have tried this entire administration's two terms to find dirt and to try to take them down, but to no avail. This will be the same...they come out looking stupid. The American public can see through all this rubbish by now, and have no faith that they'll print the truth.
oh oh...somebody's onto you...
Sara I agree with your every word my dear European friend. Even Britain had this incident as headlines on Sunday/Monday. Only the photos from Australia have changed that.
This maggot doesn't even have the courage and honesty to put his name with his BS posing as an editorial.
It's so much fun watching the liberals implode, it should be illegal to have this much fun.
"And has anyone actually ever taken the trouble to identify the criteria for "secretive" and do a real comparison of administrations?"
Wheels are coming off Bush/Cheney machine
Funny, the "machine" seems to be running all too well....................
Perhaps the problem is, it's headed in the wrong direction?
The inability to distinguish between what is real and what is imaginary. Psychosis is a term used to describe a severe mental illness. Psychotics are characterized by a variety of symptoms that most people consider abnormal. These include experiencing delusions, such as the notion that one is being persecuted or conspired against. Psychotics may see things which don't actually exist and hear Voices (i.e. God) when no one is around. They often exhibit compulsive, irrational, ritualized behavior, esp. when such behavior serves no purpose or is even harmful or disruptive to those around them. They show no concern for others but may exhibit total self-centered behavior. Includes sociopathy, schizophrenia.
and thats MISTER Dickhead to you, Lieutenant!
The entire left has slud right off the cliff. ;)
Pro-life, pro-family, pro-military, strong foreign policy, lower taxes, booming economy.....
Yep. That's the wrong direction alright......if you happen to be a liberal.
It always comes back to Florida 2000 with these folks, doesn't it.
Face it, George W. Bush could have done everything perfectly, and they would still hate him, because they think he stole the election. Frankly, if Al Gore had prevailed in Florida through vote fraud and selective counting, I would have found it very difficult to support him, no matter what.
But George W. Bush really did win in Florida 2000. He had more votes than Gore, no matter how you counted them. It was close, but their guy lost. They should try to reconcile themselves with this fact.
the reason such charges resonate is that they have a kernel of truth. just something to consider.
I think we all know what really happened.
In a fit of drunken rage, a scowling and evil Dick Cheney tried to blow the head off his so-called "friend" after the "friend" said he didn't think the Vice President's joke about starving old people before throwing them off a cliff in wheelchairs was all that funny.
Then the enraged, drunken alcoholic liar set about to deceive the United States of America' like he did when ordered the torture of innocent, peaceful Iraqi bystanders that he kidnapped off the streets od Iraq as they were playing tiddly-winks.
What do you expect from creepy liars?
And you KNOW what I'm talkin' about!
The locals up there call it the wretched-eagle.