Skip to comments.Omaha Wendy’s Franchise Forced to Cut Employee Hours Thanks to Obamacare
Posted on 01/08/2013 2:29:46 AM PST by lowbridge
An Omaha Wendys franchise announced it would cut hours for 100 employees due to the new Democrat Obamacare health plan.
A fast-food chain is slashing employee hours so franchise owners dont have to pay health benefits. Around 100 local Wendys workers have learned their hours are being cut. A spokesperson says a new health care law is to blame.
Thirty-six to 37 hours a week. Thats how many hours T.J. Growbeck works at the 84th and Giles Wendys restaurant. The money he earns helps him pay for the basics, but thats not the case for all his co-workers. There are some people doing it trying to get by.
The company has announced that all non-management positions will have their hours reduced to 28 a week. Gary Burdette, Vice President of Operations for the local franchise, says the cuts are coming because the new Affordable Health Care Act requires employers to offer health insurance to employees working 32-38 hours a week. Under the current law they are not considered full time and that as a small business owner, he cant afford to stay in operation and pay for everyones health insurance.
(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...
What goes around comes around. A very true statement indeed.
What is not being told in this story is that there is a more than good chance that over 90% of these employees voted for Obama and any other democrat that ran.
Political lemmings...you just got to love them!
ObamaCare’s goal is to “bend the cost curve downward”. One unintended consequence of this attempt to impose the socialist Utopia will be to bend the norm in employment so that instead of one 40 hour per week job, employees below the level of management will increasingly have “job sharing” and make their living by holding multiple jobs limited to 28 hours per week. In the bargain, they will not have any benefits.
The unreported story here is what will happen to the owner of the franchise when his 28 hour a week workers figure out they are better off unemployed and on government benefits. Then, the opportunity for the entrepreneur will be done for.
Again, all according to plan.....
I’m wide awake and that’s how I read it at first glance. Must be Obama mind control at work.
Only about 20% of wage earners are paid weekly. The other 80% are paid bi-monthly (15th and 30th), every two weeks, or monthly.
This is January 8th.
The blowback from the payroll tax increase is just beginning.
Pass the popcorn.
"Mr. Effect? Those injuries came as a direct result of the beating you took from Mr. Cause, as we had warned you would happen."
“The idea of a lot of very unhappy low wage Obama voters handling my meal doesn’t increase my confidence about the integrity of the product.”
I see your point. I like the breakfast $1 menu stuff; anyone handling that when I’m there is motivated enough to be up before dawn, so I’m not concerned. For the most part the lunch/dinner stuff from fast-food places makes me puke within 20 minutes of eating it (regardless of which place it is).