Look at what some smart physicians in Minnesota have decided to do!
Go look at the fees they charge, and the services offered, via phone and email.
I am going to try to get in there.
Dr. Merlin Brown’s statement:
The current insurance system is making it impossible to provide good medical care. Previously insurance requirements were just a hassle with paper work. Then contracts became very costly with exploding administrative work taking an enormous amount of staff time. Now incentives from insurance companies have become immoral. I’m now a conscientious objector. Insurances give me a passing grade and financial incentives to withhold medical care and not individualize care. If a treatment works in 80% of patients, I’m forced to give the treatment to the other 20% of my patients and not individualize the treatment plan.
Patients are not best served by physicians making decisions with those incentives. No longer contracting with insurance companies allows me to individualize treatments and be creative in customizing medical care for each patient. I can return to being a professional and practicing medicine based on medical education. I no longer am a data collector following a check list to report to insurances for financial gain. Our clinic can now be patient centered form doctors who care.