Skip to comments.LA Times: We Don't Print Letters That Disagree With Our Positions
Posted on 10/19/2013 3:02:34 AM PDT by markomalley
Traditionally, letters to the editor are the vehicle for a newspaper's readers to voice their disagreement with an article appearing in the paper. The Los Angeles Times has announced that it won't print any letters from readers who differ with their positions, using climate change as an example:
Regular readers of The Times' Opinion pages will know that, among the few letters published over the last week that have blamed the Democrats for the government shutdown (a preponderance faulted House Republicans), none made the argument about Congress exempting itself from Obamacare.
Why? Simply put, this objection to the president's healthcare law is based on a falsehood, and letters that have an untrue basis (for example, ones that say there's no sign humans have caused climate change) do not get printed.
Interestingly, their insistence on conformity to the global warming theory comes at a time when the theory's proponents admit there hasn't been climate change for 15 years. In fact there are many scientists now predicting the earth is heading for an ice age.
Wow. What an admission- we exist to support an agenda, not to report the news. They’ll never live that down.
The LASlimes proudly admitting they are all about propaganda rather than news and information.
The LASlimes clings to the anthropogenic global warming hoax despite the globe cooling for the past 15 years, moreover that the globe has been in a cooling mode since the Medieval Warm Period, and the admitted lying by the hoaxers who fabricated the "Hockey Stick" computer climate models.
LASlimes is news for the willfully ignorant.
Why bother trying. Everyone knows the Brown Shirt Media is lying. The Brown Shirt libturds don’t mind and the rest of us don’t buy their fishwrap.
The Waco Tribune (not the same league as LA) told me when Obama was running for Pres. they would not print any more of my letters. They refused to give me a reason. I decided it was because the truth about Obama was not allowed in their paper.
This is another example of the death spiral that is the Dinosaur media. And, they have no desire to change and expand their readership/viewership so they will continue these death throes.
The LA Times position is the death rattle you're hearing
People still read newspapers? Why?
Would they print this????
Email rec’d this a.m. Too good not to pass along.
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared “Social Security “ to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here’s a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
“Hey Alan, let’s get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and “your ilk” pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your “shill commission” are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now “you morons” propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because “you idiots” mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you “incompetent bastards” spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullshit” to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the “greedy” ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits “entitlements”. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years “It’s my money”-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .
EVERYONE!! If you agree with what a Montana citizen, Patty Myers, says, please PASS IT ON!
A...MEN!!! She says exactly what the rest of us are thinking.
I’d say Patty has it nailed.
Wow! Deja vu all over again! Just like the '70s when I was a Geology undergrad...
(It moves in cycles, people, but people have to pay attention for a while (decades) to notice that.)
I imagine the libturds that own/run it don’t mind it’s spiral into compost. They see it as an investment.
There is a huge difference between “paying into the system” and having an actual account balance that belongs directly to you.
The truth is, that too many people take out far more than they actually put in.
As far as Medicare is concerned; I am paying such a small percentage of my paycheck into Medicare that if I would be a fool to believe that I could retire with the expectation that my contributions were going to cover my medical expenses in my senior years.
Yes these are entitlement programs. They are designed to create classes of people that depend on and demand that the government dole out money in a particular manner.
That rant would be on the spot except for one small fact: SS recipients collect far more than they put in. SS is an entitlement program that needs to end.
No wonder the Tribune company can’t find any buyers for that “rag”.
So, did you continue to subscribe to or otherwise buy that paper?
I agree with you but as another Freeper said "When is the welfare money going to runout? You never hear talk about that."
OK!! Everybody pay attention!
Lesson for today:
1. The sun is 1,300,000 times as big as the earth.
2. The sun is a ball of fire that controls our climates.
3. The earth is a rock.
4. The earth is a speck in comparison to the size of the sun.
5. Inhabitants of the earth are less than specks.
Study Question: How do less-than-specks in congress plan to control the sun?
On the whole that may be true, but I paid in maximum amount since the 60's and did a present value rate of return at ONLY 3% when I retired.
If SS paid me back in a lump sum, I would have collected $3.3 Million dollars, not the piddling couple of thousand I now grovel for from the feds.
I agree it needs to end but for some of us payers, IT IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM, so get your facts straight; it is some SS recipients collect more than they pay in...
LA Slimes: Communist propaganda machine, not a newspaper.