Skip to comments.Ten Truths About Tyranny
Posted on 07/30/2002 11:03:02 AM PDT by Blood of Tyrants
The Ten Truths of Tyranny by
(c) 1994 <9/30
1) Any law the electorate sees as being open to being perverted from its original intent will be perverted in a manner that exceeds the manner of perversion seen at the time.
2) Any law that is so difficult to pass it requires the citizens be assured it will not be a stepping stone to worse laws will in fact be a stepping stone to worse laws.
3) Any law that requires the citizens be assured the law does not mean what the citizens fear, means exactly what the citizens fear.
4) Any law passed in a good cause will be interpreted to apply to causes against the wishes of the people.
5) Any law enacted to help any one group will be applied to harm people not in that group.
6) Everything the government says will never happen will happen.
7) What the government says it could not foresee, the government has planned for.
8) When there is a budget shortfall to cover non-essential government services the citizens will be given the choice between higher taxes or the loss of essential government services.
9) Should the citizens mount a successful effort to stop a piece of legislation the same legislation will be passed under a different name.
10) All deprivations of freedom and choice will be increased rather than reversed.
It really is amazing how quickly the Patriot Act was written after 9/11...
The non"patriot" act was written in 1996 under the X42 regime.. after OK city. It was enacted under President Bush though.
Live Free or Die Trying
The typical example is withholding police and fire protection unless a tax increase is accepted by the voters. The local variation on this theme by our own city council is no street maintenance without special assessments.
Found this gem. Can you say "Homeland Security Act?"