Skip to comments.
Gun-Control Net-Work Credo
Posted on 08/09/2002 8:04:49 PM PDT by jimkress
We believe . . .
That guns are the real cause of crime, but we will blame and jail the owner of said gun for the crime, even if the owner wasn't the person involved.
That a mugger will kill you in the half-second it takes to draw from the holster, but won't harm you while you dial the police on your cell phone, talk to the dispatcher and wait half an hour for officers to arrive.
That gun control works, which is why there are no illegal weapons in Northern Ireland or Beirut.
That the proper response to an attack is to call the police, but only unarmed police, because "Violence never settles anything."
That it's wrong to make snide, sexist comments about women, unless the comments are about women who own guns.
That a hijacker could easily take a gun away from a pilot, but the hundreds of passengers aboard would then be unable to take the gun away from the hijacker.
That if there'd been a gun aboard American Airlines Flight 11, someone could have been hurt.
That rapists prefer to attack armed women so they can take the guns and use them against the victims.
That 1 firearm owner in 10,000 will commit an act of violence in his or her lifetime, and this is far more frightening than the 25% of drivers who will cause a serious or fatal accident.
That you should rely on police in lieu of your gun, just as you should rely on a dentist in lieu of your toothbrush.
That car keys, umbrellas and hairspray are good tools for self-defense, despite the fact that police continue to carry guns.
That Washington DC's low murder rate of 80.6 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, but Arlington, Virginia's high murder rate of 1.6 per 100,000 is attributable to the lack of gun control.
That the depressed and emotionally disturbed should not be allowed to own guns that shoot bullets with 250 ft-lbs of energy, but should be allowed to own 4000 lb cars with 1,136,000 ft-lbs of energy (at 65 mph).
That "assault weapons" are "very powerful" but big game hunters oddly prefer .30-06s and .375 H&Hs.
That we should outlaw bullet proof vests so criminals can't use them, and private citizens should be then proud to be killed in the crossfire, knowing they are doing their part for society.
That NASA, the military, physiologists, anatomists and trainers all agree and Olympic scores confirm that men on average have tremendously more upper body strength than women, but women should try to defend themselves with martial arts and not a gun.
That it's terrible when police officers plant weapons on a suspect to enable them to make an arrest, but we should have tougher laws against weapons and trust the police not to abuse them in this way.
That police arriving at 80mph are a better way to stop criminals than bullets arriving at 800mph.
That people buy guns as "substitute penises," because they know that only people with small penises ever get attacked by criminals.
That Hitler and Stalin didn't disarm citizens, only Jews, Gypsies, gays, unionists and other "undesirables." (Yes, a liberal member of the Million Mom March actually said this in the Washington Post.)
That to properly understand Nazi gun control, one must consider the "legitimate fears" they had of the Jewish population. (This was another self-proclaimed liberal. I'm beginning to wonder.)
That families with children should not be allowed to own guns for safety reasons, just as they aren't allowed to own dogs, power tools, or toxic chemicals.
That it's wrong to destroy someone's life over an administrative crime by jailing them and impoverishing their family, unless that crime is to own a gun.
That a law that allows someone to keep doing "X" that has been legal for years, in the face of another, badly written law that says they can't do "Y", is a "loophole."
That it's wrong to politicize that the World Trade Center attackers didn't need guns to hijack a plane, but okay to politicize that the Columbine High School killers bought guns
That when someone dies because they couldn't get a drug the government won't approve, it's tragic, but when someone dies because they couldn't defend themselves with a gun the government won't approve, that's just life.
That a criminal is somehow more of a threat to a
police officer than to a regular person, so police need guns and regular citizens don't.
That the "Reasonable" uses for guns are hunting and target shooting, but not self-defense. In other words, it's acceptable to use them as toys but not as lifesaving devices.
That .50 caliber rifles are both "very rare" and "selling like hotcakes."
That the fact that .50 caliber rifles are very rare justifies banning them, just as the rarity of Lamborghinis,
and other high-performance cars,
justifies banning them.
That intelligent people should support gun control because they realize they are too stupid to be trusted with guns.
That a gun is merely an inadequate substitute for a penis, so when attacked by a mugger one should pull out a
That a gun is a symbolic penis
what this has to do with defending one's life I have no idea. It simply serves to prove that anti-defense psychiatrists clearly have Freudian issues that THEY need to address.
That reasonable licensing fees will stop casual ownership of guns, but anyone who would jump through hoops to own a gun is obsessive.
That outlawing the carrying of guns will stop people from doing so, just as lowering the speed limit stops reckless driving.
That we should deal with the problem of criminals using illegal weapons by taking lawful weapons away from honest people.
That we should ban guns
if it saves even one life - it's worth it!
. . .
. . . Just as we should ban assemblies where people might be trampled to death-if it saves just one life - it's worth it! . . .
. . . And we should ban speech by groups who offend public order if it saves just one life - It's worth it! . . .
. . . And we should ban unhealthy foods if it saves just one life - It's worth it! and
That a punk wakes up one morning, and thinks, "Gee, instead of robbing, raping, sodomizing and killing a young woman, why don't I turn my $400 gun in for $20 and a pizza and go work at McDonald's?"
- That the more helpless you are, the safer you are from criminals.
- That you should give a mugger your wallet, because he doesn't really want to shoot you and he'll let you go, but that you should give him your wallet, because he'll shoot you if you don't.
- That one can sue a store for having a slick floor, falling ceilings, and sharp corners, but if they refuse to let you bring a gun in and you get shot by a criminal, they aren't liable for enforcing that rule with others.
- That there is no right of self defense, and the police are not legally obligated to respond to my cries for help when disarmed, but you can sue them if they take too long to get to a traffic accident.
- That there's no incongruity in claiming the preferred weapon of a drug dealer is a $25 .22 caliber pocket pistol, and claiming the preferred weapon of a drug dealer is a $2000 machinegun in the same piece of propaganda.
- That any cheap weapon is a "Saturday night special," and any expensive weapon is an "assault weapon."
- That an intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .44 Magnum will get angry over your retaliation and kill you.
- That firearms in the hands of private citizens are the gravest threat to world peace, and China, Pakistan and Korea can be trusted with nuclear weapons.
- That Charlton Heston as president of the NRA is a shill who should be ignored, but Michael Douglas as a representative of Handgun Control, Inc. is an ambassador for peace who is entitled to an audience at the UN arms control summit.
- That ordinary people, in the presence of guns, turn into slaughtering butchers, and revert to normal when the weapon is removed.
- That someone who fails to clear his weapon, fails to point it in a safe direction, pulls the trigger without checking the chamber, and blows his foot off is an example of how even a "trained professional" can be a "victim" of a diabolical gun, but people in the military who clean weapons millions of times a year without getting hurt are "dumb grunts."
- That the New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns, just as Guns and Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.
- That the best thing our kids can do to bullies and drug dealers is "just say no," and fight back, and the best thing we can do to bullies and drug dealers is to give them $50 and wait for them to go away.
- That a woman in a microskirt, perfume and a Wonderbra, without underwear, is a helpless victim, but someone getting paid $6 an hour to deliver the cash from a fast food place to the bank at the same time every night is, "asking for it." And you won't allow either of them to carry a gun.
- That with the above, a 90 LB woman attacked by a 300 LB rapist and his 300 LB buddy, has the "right" to kill them in self defense, provided she uses her bare hands.
- That a criminal will take a gun away from you and use it against you, so conversely, the best thing to do when threatened is to take the criminal's gun away from him and use it against him.
- That we must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time, but anyone who owns a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid.
- That there is too much explicit violence featuring guns on TV, but that cities can sue gun manufacturers because people aren't aware of the dangers involved with guns.
- That the gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling guns is propaganda, and the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign is responsible social activity.
- That the crime rate in America is decreasing because of gun control, but the increase in crime requires more gun control.
- That statistics showing high murder rates justify gun control, and statistics that show increasing murder rates after gun control is legislated are "just statistics."
- That guns are an ineffective means of self defense for rational adults, but in the hands of an ignorant criminal become a threat to the fabric of society.
- That guns are so complex to use that special training is necessary to use them properly, but so simple to use that they make murder easy.
- That guns contribute to high death rates and should be banned, but tobacco and alcohol are okay.
- That guns cause crime, which is why there has never been a mass slaying at a gun show.
- That guns cause crime, just like matches cause arson.
- That guns cause crime, just like women cause prostitution.
- That guns cause crime, just like men cause rape.
- That guns aren't necessary to national defense, which is why the US Army only has 3 million of them.
- That women are just as intelligent and capable as men, but a woman with a gun is "an accident waiting to happen."
- That women are just as intelligent and capable as men, but gunmaker's advertisements aimed at women are "preying on their fears."
- That a handgun, with up to 4 switches and controls, is far too complex for the typical adult to learn to use, as opposed to an automobile which only has 20.
- That handguns are useful only for murder, which is why the police and military define them as defensive weapons.
- That neighbors who carry guns against the occasional lunatic are paranoid, because of the perfectly justifiable fear that every single one of them is waiting to turn into a lunatic.
- That a majority of the population supports gun control, just like a majority of the population used to support owning slaves.
- That one should ignore as idiots politicians who confuse Wicca with Satanism and exaggerate the gay community as a threat to society, but listen sagely to politicians who can refer to a self-loading small arm as a "weapon of mass destruction" and an "assault weapon."
- That there is no absolute right to a weapon, documented historically because the British government used to prohibit Catholics from owning guns. And that wasn't a sign of religious bigotry. (Note: the British Constitution actually RESTORED to Protestants the right to own arms, which Catholic James II denied them)
- That rifles with pistol grips are assault weapons, just like vehicles with racing stripes are sports cars.
- That you don't need a gun against invaders, because the government will know in plenty of time to issue you whatever weapons you need.
- That most people can't be trusted, so we should have laws against guns, which most people will abide by, because they can be trusted.
- That a woman raped and strangled with her panties is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.
- That guns should be banned because of the danger involved, and live reporting from the battlefield, which can keep the enemy informed of troop deployments, getting thousands of troops killed and perhaps losing a war, is a protected act that CANNOT be compromised on.
- That a house with a gun is three times as likely to have a murder, just like a house with insulin is three times as likely to have a diabetic.
- That police operate in groups with backup, which is why they need larger capacity magazines than civilians, who must face criminals alone, and therefore need less ammunition.
- That people who own guns out of a fear of crime are paranoid, but people who don't want other people to own guns in case it causes them to commit crimes are rational.
- That guns cause the high suicide rate in the US, even though Japan's rate is almost three times higher.
- That guns have no legitimate use, but alcohol does, which is why we issue police guns instead of beer.
- That police and soldiers are the dregs of society who were unfit to get any real job, which perfectly qualifies them with the high moral standards and keen intellects to handle these complicated tools and be our guardians.
- That it's acceptable to arm a courier at $6 an hour to shoot criminals for stealing bank deposits, but unacceptable for a college-educated business owner to do it himself.
- That teaching abstinence exclusively rather than use of condoms is doomed to fail, but encouraging absolute bans on guns rather than education in safe use is the only acceptable method of reducing crime.
- That it is outrageous that civilians have rifles that were designed for the military for their own self defense, but perfectly okay to have polluting, potentially unstable, heavy vehicles that were designed for the military simply as status symbols.
- That it is essential to incorporate locks and sensors into guns to make them safer and that only a criminal would not support this, but cops and federal agents would be exempt for safety reasons because locks are unreliable and hinder access.
- That a bank guard can protect money with a gun, but you cannot protect your children with one.
- That all gun dealers sell illegal weapons, just like all black people sell drugs.
- That crime is higher in urban areas with less guns, and we must continue to disarm the minorities in these areas because of the risk of crime, and that isn't bigotry.
- That an underpaid, overworked bodyguard should be glad to throw himself in front of a bullet for you.
- That your safety is someone else's responsibility, but they have no right to tell you how to live your life.
- That one should be more afraid of one's spouse blowing a gasket and shooting the children, than of those children being run over by a hormone-driven teenager in a car.
- "It can't happen here."
- That people are too stupid to handle guns, but are intelligent enough to vote.
- That guns are not an effective means of self-defense, which is why police carry them.
- That one can "study" the "gun issue," but not know the difference between an assault rifle and a battle rifle.
- That the NRA, with over 4 million members, is "out of touch" with America, and HCI, with 50 thousand members, is a "mandate from the people."
- That a baseball bat is good protection against a burglar, provided his gun fires baseballs.
- That pricing products out of the reach of poor people through excessive regulation is discriminatory practice, unless that product is a gun.
- That manufacturers are not responsible for damages caused by their products, unless that product is a gun.
- That trigger locks and other devices make guns safer, which is why the police and military refuse to use them.
- That registration of guns will help law enforcement, because that way they won't need probable cause and a warrant to conduct a search.
- That it's safer to do nothing than resist with a gun, which is why the military wins so many wars by not fighting.
- That we must close shooting ranges because of the noise, but ban silencers because they are quiet.
- That owning a gun for self-defense indicates an intent to kill, just like owning a first aid kit indicates an intent to impersonate a physician.
- That suggesting teachers be armed is an outrageous suggestion for a "civilized" society, which is why the Swiss and Israelis do it.
- That making it harder and harder for even cops to have guns on school property will somehow make it harder for lunatics to kill the utterly helpless students.
- That the same people who build illegal high-tech drug labs for less than $30,000 won't build illegal low-tech gun shops for less than $10,000.
- That people with large gun collections are dangerous, especially if they have more than two hands to shoot with.
- That autoloaders are "easily converted" to fully automatic fire, yet the person telling you this has no idea how it's accomplished.
- That banning rifles with bayonet lugs will cut down on all the drive-by bayonetings.
- That shooting at an intruder who smashes your door and enters with knife in hand will somehow "escalate the violence."
- That it's safer with less guns, which is why lunatics shoot up schools instead of gun shows or police stations.
- That guns cause crime, which is why there was no rape or murder in the Dark Ages.
- That stopping the people who don't commit murder from having guns will lessen the number of those who do commit murder.
- That since banning a few guns hasn't helped, we should ban more.
- That just like the anti-nuclear weapons movement used to believe, if the potential victims disarm, the oppressors will take pity on them and give up their weapons in remorse.
- That oppressing gun owners until they violate the law justifies oppressing them further.
- That "crime guns" and old police guns should be destroyed at government expense, because the cost of exorcising the evil spirits from them before selling them to lawful owners is exorbitant.
- That raising the legal age to possess firearms from 18 to 21 will REALLY show those 16 year olds.
- That inner-city blacks in public housing should be disarmed to prevent crimes, but not rich white suburbanites. And it isn't a sign of racism.
- That creating firearms crime by having a Byzantine code of firearm laws proves there's a problem, and justifies more laws to create more crime.
- That liberal parents who give guns to problem children to "teach them responsibility" are not responsible for the deaths they cause, but everyone else's guns are.
- That gun owners are a threat by existing that must be destroyed by any means possible and their rights are unimportant, but the thugs who attack us on the street whom the gun owners wish to be armed against are simply a problem we have to put up with.
- That one should judge all gun owners by the acts of a few criminals, just like one should judge all blacks by the acts of a few inner-city crack dealers.
- That making it harder to get firearms legally will reduce their illegal use, just like making it harder to get a prescription will cut down on the illicit drug trade.
- That it's tragic when a child dies in a firearms accident, and we must pass restrictive laws to prevent it, but children poisoned by household chemicals are simply unavoidable accidents.
- That you don't need a gun, therefore no one needs one, and you have the right to impose that belief and will on others.
- That stupidity can be cured by legislation.
- That societies with less guns have less killings by guns, just like societies with less cars have less vehicular homicide. This is deemed to be relevant.
- That criminals who rob to support their drug habit can afford $65 a minute in ammunition for their automatic "Weapon of choice."
- That since a gun isn't 100% effective for self defense, you should get rid of it, along with your first aid kit and fire extinguisher, since they aren't 100% effective, either.
- That it's wrong to use tax dollars to finance private political agendas, unless that agenda is to ban guns.
- That a "safe gun" will help stop criminal misuse of firearms just like "safe sex" works so well to stop rape.
- That a suicide who used a gun would still be alive if he or she had used a knife or hanged himself or herself.
- That someone else's suicide is a problem for the rest of us that would be prevented if we gave up our guns.
- That alcohol is acceptable in private, as long as the user doesn't use it while driving, but mere possession of a gun is a threat to others.
- That criminals are better shots than civilians because of all the time they spend on the practice range.
- That since criminals are better shots by the logic above, one is safer by not shooting back, but just waiting for them to run out of ammo.
- That it's reasonable to assume an accident would have been lethal if the victim wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and reasonable to assume that an armed defender would have been safe even if they didn't have a gun.
- That one accidental death is too many, but thousands of people dying because the means of self-defense were not available is unavoidable and not worthy of worry.
- That we should ban guns because people have a "right to feel safe," but the right to feel safe by owning firearms for defense is not valid.
- That it's outrageous to count 18 and 19 year-old parents as "children" for statistical purposes, but perfectly acceptable to count them as children for purposes of exaggerating gun deaths among "children."
- That a zero-tolerance policy is bad regarding drugs, but a zero-tolerance policy is good regarding guns.
- That martial arts are a better form of self-defense, and can defeat an armed opponent, but we still need to ban guns because of the danger they present to those few people who don't know karate.
- That government officials can be trusted with automatic weapons, but private citizens cannot, because of the number of people private citizens kill while kicking in doors without search warrants.
- That an 18 year old can handle a machinegun and die defending another nation's oil reserves, thereby being a hero, but an 18 year old who tries to defend his or her child with a gun belongs in jail.
- That the few people who can't use martial arts or other non-lethal means of self-defense--the young, the old, the infirm, the disabled, the weak, the small, and the pregnant--are simply the necessary sacrifice we must make to criminals to avoid the risks of letting people be armed.
- That the dangers of guns outweigh their recreational uses, unlike alcohol and motorcycles.
- That getting rid of guns reduces violence, so the military should be armed with bouquets of flowers.
- That we should hang out at funeral homes to tell the families of the deceased how lucky they are their loved one was killed by a drunk and not a man with a gun.
- That a conservative with a dozen guns is an "extremist," and a liberal with a dozen guns is a "museum."
- That a team of cops shooting an unarmed citizen 19 times and not getting charged with murder is "law enforcement" but an old lady shooting a knife-wielding attacker is "vigilanteism," and we should leave defense to the professionals.
- That we should require trigger locks and safe storage facilities for all guns in order to prevent accidents, just like we require all household chemicals to be kept in a locked cabinet.
- That a woman shooting a rapist is a felon.
- That NORMAL is good for supporting legalization of a politically unpopular product, but the NRA is bad for supporting legalization of a politically unpopular product.
- That poor people who live in high crime areas and can't afford alarms shouldn't be allowed to have guns either.
- That telling a murderer he'll go to jail for carrying a gun will make him think twice.
- That the only way to end gun violence is to ban guns, just like the only way to end medical malpractice is to ban doctors.
- That killing a triple murderer so you don't become the fourth victim is "escalating the violence."
- That we should get rid of "junk guns" so that criminals are forced to use reliable high-quality guns.
- That repealing laws that discriminate against gun-owners "endorses" guns, just like repealing laws that discriminate against gays "endorses" homosexuality.
- That guns are designed only to kill, just like women are designed only to give birth.
- That we should ban guns because their primary purpose is to kill people, but we shouldn't ban alcohol, which has its primary purpose getting intoxicated and losing control of the higher faculties, thereby increasing violence and accidental death.
- That a person who would commit violence with a gun would never do so with a knife.
- That most people are seething cauldrons of potential violence who cannot be trusted with a gun, but most people are so decent that there is no need to carry a weapon for defense.
- That a person foolish enough to leave a gun loaded and lying in reach of a child will somehow be responsible enough to attach a trigger lock.
- That allowing concealed carry does not reduce crime through deterrence since some people do so even though it's illegal, but allowing concealed carry increases crime, because more people carry guns and use them irresponsibly.
- That a woman buying a gun to defend herself against a violent ex needs five days to "cool off."
- That a woman being raped should refuse help from an armed stranger, and instead wait for the police.
- That if an a group of anti-gun protesters feels threatened, they should ask police with guns to protect them while they tell everyone how worthless guns are for protection.
- That a trauma surgeon's experience in treating gunshot wounds makes him an expert on gun control legislation, just like an automobile body repair technician's experience repairing cars makes him an expert on traffic laws.
- That the typical town only needs one law enforcement officer per 1000 population, because most people are law abiding, but that it's dangerous to let citizens carry weapons because most people are criminal.
- That the risk of arrest for carrying a weapon on school grounds will stop a person bent on suicide from starting a shootout.
- That felons should be denied the right to ever own a weapon, just like rapists should be castrated before being released from jail.
- That ships using Australian waters mustn't carry handguns against the mythical threat of piracy or mutiny, because some aspiring captain might sell them for a few bucks.
- That allowing the poor and minorities to defend themselves is Fascist.
- That small arms can't win wars, as all the Viet Cong bombing, air superiority, and naval missions prove.
- That violence is bad, but any defensive use of a firearm that doesn't involve the death of the perpetrator is invalid.
- That all firearms retailers are illegal gun dealers, just like all pharmacists are illegal drug dealers.
- That a gun which sits silently in a drawer and costs pennies per round to shoot is a bad idea for self defense, but a dog that requires walks, veterinary care, and licenses, may not be allowed in certain neighborhoods and may annoy the neighbors at all hours is a good idea for self defense.
- That the worst thing one can do if there's an intruder in the house is get a gun and apprehend them, and the best thing on can do is pretend to be asleep and wait for them to go away, especially if they are raping your children.
- That trigger locks do not interfere with the ability to use a gun for defensive purposes, which is why it makes sense that police officers are exempt from using them on their duty weapons.
- That "assault weapons" have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of people, which is why the police need them.
- That "assault weapons" are only designed for killing offensively, and the police need them but you do not.
- That citizens don't need to carry a gun for personal protection but desk-bound police administrators who work in a building filled with cops do, as do tax auditors, vegetable inspectors, mail inspectors, and meat inspectors.
- That 25% of the dealers at gun shows are unlicensed, and we must license these purveyors of books, tools, knives, clothing, artwork, candy and historical artifacts.
TOPICS: Constitution/Conservatism; Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; Front Page News; Government; News/Current Events
posted on 08/09/2002 8:04:49 PM PDT
good list. thanks!
posted on 08/09/2002 8:28:42 PM PDT
That 25% of the dealers at gun shows are unlicensed, and we must license these purveyors of books, tools, knives, clothing, artwork, candy and historical artifacts.
Ah yes, the "gun show loophole", which says one doesn't need a gun license (FFL) to be a dealer at a gun show if one isn't actually selling guns.
posted on 08/09/2002 8:51:33 PM PDT
To: jimkress; *bang_list
To: Hail Caesar; drZ; LiberalBuster; secamend; Unbeliever; Dave Dilegge; Goldi-Lox; kristinn; ...
To: Mercuria; AnnaZ; Robert Teesdale
Dang! Fergot y'all!
Actually, you can sell guns at a gun show unlicensed (except in Maryland, as far as I know).
To: Tolerance Sucks Rocks; supercat
Meaning that an unlicensed private seller must perform background checks before selling guns at gunshows in Maryland.
To: Tolerance Sucks Rocks
Actually, you can sell guns at a gun show unlicensed
True, but if one is a dealer selling firearms, one must be licensed. My point was in response to some media complaint that the majority of dealers at some gun show didn't have gun licenses, ignoring the fact that the majority of dealers at that show weren't actually selling guns.
posted on 08/09/2002 9:35:04 PM PDT
Here are the top ten I think:
1)The worst thing one can do if there's an intruder in the house is get a gun and apprehend them, and the best thing on can do is pretend to be asleep and wait for them to go away, especially if they are raping your children.
2)That 1 firearm owner in 10,000 will commit an act of violence in his or her lifetime, and this is far more frightening than the 25% of drivers who will cause a serious or fatal accident.
3)That firearms in the hands of private citizens are the gravest threat to world peace, and China, Pakistan and Korea can be trusted with nuclear weapons.
4)That gun control works, which is why there are no illegal weapons in Northern Ireland or Beirut.
5)That a handgun, with up to 4 switches and controls, is far too complex for the typical adult to learn to use, as opposed to an automobile which only has 20.
6)That a bank guard can protect money with a gun, but you cannot protect your children with one.
7)That people are too stupid to handle guns, but are intelligent enough to vote.
8)That the N.R.A., with over 4 million members, is "out of touch" with America, and H.C.I., with 50 thousand members, is a "mandate from the people."
9)That we should ban guns because their primary purpose is to kill people, but we shouldn't ban alcohol, which has its primary purpose getting intoxicated and losing control of the higher faculties, thereby increasing violence and accidental death.
10)That a person who would commit violence with a gun would never do so with a knife.
I love these ones to:
1)That telling a murderer he'll go to jail for carrying a gun will make him think twice.
2)That most people are seething cauldrons of potential violence who cannot be trusted with a gun, but most people are so decent that there is no need to carry a weapon for defense.
3)That a trauma surgeon's experience in treating gunshot wounds makes him an expert on gun control legislation, just like an automobile body repair technician's experience repairing cars makes him an expert on traffic laws.
4)That if an a group of anti-gun protesters feels threatened, they should ask police with guns to protect them while they tell everyone how worthless guns are for protection.
Comment #12 Removed by Moderator
I was just on your website.
Nothing rings harder than the truth.
posted on 08/09/2002 10:38:25 PM PDT
libs can't handle the truth- where did i hear that?
posted on 08/09/2002 10:52:12 PM PDT
To: Tolerance Sucks Rocks
I could use some freeper help adding this to ping lists this is to good.
This costs the Canadian gun-banning government over $2.00 per request to mail, so whatever you do, do NOT send for your copy of these laws!
Requests my be made at,
Referenced to this thread ... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/730711/posts?page=6#6
posted on 08/10/2002 7:28:08 AM PDT
I also particularly like this one:
"That it's safer with less guns, which is why lunatics shoot up schools instead of gun shows or police stations."
posted on 08/10/2002 7:38:23 AM PDT
EXCELLENT POST! BOOKMARKED!
posted on 08/10/2002 7:39:21 AM PDT
To: Shooter 2.5
My point was in response to some media complaint that the majority of dealers at some gun show didn't have gun licenses, ignoring the fact that the majority of dealers at that show weren't actually selling guns.
An armed populace makes other countries leery of invading yours. Therefore...
SUPPORT WORLD PEACE: BUY A FIREARM!
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson