Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Is Maher/Politically Incorrect Going Off the Air?
Politically Incorrect | September 21, 2001 | GreatOne

Posted on 09/20/2001 11:02:26 PM PDT by GreatOne

While watching the show right now (up late working), it appeared that Maher was saying that he might not have a show for much longer. Whether he's exaggerating or not, I don't know, but he seems to be pulling a Dan Rather (on Letterman) while talking about his controversy, and saying things like, "I don't care if I have my show. What's important to me is telling the truth." Seems like the pressure on his producers/advertisers is working.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-173 next last
Also, Laura Innes is a complete idiot. One of those "I don't want to go to war. Why can't we just make peace with them" morons. Unbelievable - and so exemplary of the Hollywood left; uneducated and incapable of grasping the real world.
1 posted on 09/20/2001 11:02:26 PM PDT by GreatOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: GreatOne
Just one more reason to boycott Disney.....
2 posted on 09/20/2001 11:06:06 PM PDT by Dallas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Maher was caught with his pants down, he knows it, he knows we know it, and worse, he knows that we know that he knows it! Good-bye Bill. You've spouted your hate for long enough, and now, everyone (not just us) knows where you stand.
3 posted on 09/20/2001 11:06:35 PM PDT by jporcus

Kinda serves its own purpose doesn't it, letting us watch the guy unravelling on national TV?
4 posted on 09/20/2001 11:08:32 PM PDT by research99

To: jporcus
The puscillanimous punk will not be missed. David Horowitz put him in his place, but Maher was too arrogant to get the message. Good riddance.
5 posted on 09/20/2001 11:08:44 PM PDT by MHGinTN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: jporcus
I must have missed this one. Did maher say something about the attack that got him in hot water? Please do tell. It would be a blessing to have him off the air. Thanks.
6 posted on 09/20/2001 11:08:56 PM PDT by NebraskaPatriot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

[...] and saying things like, "I don't care if I have my show. What's important to me is telling the truth."

Wow, that would be refreshing -- when is he going to start?

7 posted on 09/20/2001 11:10:03 PM PDT by Dan Day

To: MHGinTN
That has to be the most appropriate use of the word puscillanimous that I've ever seen.
8 posted on 09/20/2001 11:10:33 PM PDT by okie_tech
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: NebraskaPatriot
I must have missed this one. Did maher say something about the attack that got him in hot water? Please do tell. It would be a blessing to have him off the air. Thanks.

He said that the terrorists had "courage", and that "we" were "cowards" for using cruise missiles.

9 posted on 09/20/2001 11:11:10 PM PDT by Dan Day
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: okie_tech
Thank you! I consider Maher the most over-rated cowardly mouthosaurus on the tube.
10 posted on 09/20/2001 11:13:36 PM PDT by MHGinTN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

He said that our military are the cowards.
11 posted on 09/20/2001 11:14:22 PM PDT by Steve Van Doorn

I saw it tonight and was gleeful...oh is this man so incredibly arrogant...I knew he was going to say something totally defiant in the face of prevailing sentiment just to be a punk...but ABC puts up with Peter Jennings (and Koppel)... This guy is such puke...here is hoping he is pressured off the air...he now wants to wrap himself in self-pity and acting like a martyr and he makes sure he has butt-kissers on his show at this time. He was incredibly off base and he got caught stealing the pretense of liberty and truth... what a cad...
12 posted on 09/20/2001 11:14:52 PM PDT by Danno

Run a search of "Bill Maher". You'll find plenty! He called our military cowards and they terrorists courageous.
13 posted on 09/20/2001 11:15:03 PM PDT by 2Jedismom

I never watch Maher, but just reading about this cr@p spewer makes me mad at him.
14 posted on 09/20/2001 11:16:23 PM PDT by Brett66

To: Dan Day and NebraskaPattriot
Not to quibble, but Maher said that he thought that the terrorists were brave (or had courage, I can't remember) because they were willing to die for their cause, while "we" were cowards for pushing a button and sending a missle, or bombing them from a few miles in the air.

He later attempted to clarify himself by saying that he was talking about the politicians being cowards because of the way they were using the military in this fashion, not that he thought the military were cowards. This is why on the O'Reilly Factor tonight, O'Reilly brought up the fact that Maher was essentially calling Clinton a coward by saying this, since he was the one who ordered the military to be used in this way, which Maher attempted to duck.

As repugnant as he is with some (most?) of his opinions, I was watching his conversation with D'Souza, and I truly do not believe he was attempting to call the military a bunch of cowards. However, if this is what runs him off the air, I won't complain.

15 posted on 09/20/2001 11:20:49 PM PDT by GreatOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Rush spoke about Maher today, but I just caught the tail end.

Can anyone fill me in on what he had to say.

16 posted on 09/20/2001 11:24:41 PM PDT by Nogbad

Maher has long been a little smart @ss. Maybe a little comeupance will teach him humility. The unemployment line is a good place to learn it.
17 posted on 09/20/2001 11:28:12 PM PDT by Calpublican

To: Nogbad
Go to rushlimbaugh.com. There's a link to a written article by Rush (or a transcription of his comments from his show) at the bottom of the page.
18 posted on 09/20/2001 11:28:40 PM PDT by GreatOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Maher said "we" because he is morally bankrupt and incapable of saying Clinton was the specific coward he had in mind. No excuse. He should be gone, all 5 foot 2 of him, and his little napoleonic short-man-syndrome.
19 posted on 09/20/2001 11:31:32 PM PDT by hinckley buzzard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

As repugnant as he is with some (most?) of his opinions, I was watching his conversation with D'Souza, and I truly do not believe he was attempting to call the military a bunch of cowards.

I agree I thought he was talking about Bubba. The Military didn't want to do it. Anyway, I've heard him spew much worse.

20 posted on 09/20/2001 11:32:00 PM PDT by Mike Darancette
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 161-173 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson