Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Seattle Man Reportedly Warned Of Terror Attack
KOMO 4 Seattle ^ | October 12, 2001 | KOMO Staff & News Services

Posted on 10/12/2001 7:44:04 AM PDT by grimalkin

SEATTLE - A security guard who reportedly predicted that terrorists would attack the United States has been subpoenaed by a federal grand jury in New York, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported Friday.

Citing unnamed sources familiar with the probe, the newspaper identified the man only as a local resident of Middle Eastern descent who holds an alien registration card, or "green card," meaning he is either a legal permanent U.S. resident or an asylum-seeker.

The subpoena was issued Wednesday, and the man has not been arrested or detained. His lawyer, Peter Offenbecher of Seattle, said he was "not in a position to confirm or deny anything."

Susan Dryden, a spokeswoman for the Justice Department, did not return a call from the newspaper, nor would officials in the local FBI or U.S. attorney's offices comment Thursday.

Lie Detector Test Cited

The report said the subpoena stems from a telephone conversation between the man and a friend on the East Coast days before Sept. 11, when hijacked passenger jets were flown into the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon outside Washington, D.C.

After the attacks, the friend contacted the FBI and told agents the man had suggested an attack on U.S. soil was coming. The friend subsequently passed a lie detector test, the sources said.

The man has not cooperated with FBI agents or agreed to take a lie-detector tests, but he is expected to go to New York voluntarily to appear before the grand jury, the sources said.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 10/12/2001 7:44:05 AM PDT by grimalkin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: grimalkin
..not arrested or detained....expected to go to New York voluntarily...has not cooperated with FBI...

Any questions about why we now find our neck in the noose?

2 posted on 10/12/2001 7:49:07 AM PDT by Jack Wilson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Given my experience with the FBI, he is doing the correct thing.
Never trust the FBI.
Trust the Federal judges.
Amen.
3 posted on 10/12/2001 7:52:30 AM PDT by japaneseghost

Comment #4 Removed by Moderator

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

To: grimalkin; aristeides; Plummz; Nita Nupress; thinden; golitely; LSJohn
This is an interesting tidbit. A security guard, eh?
6 posted on 10/12/2001 8:01:00 AM PDT by Fred Mertz

To: Fred Mertz
A lot of these stories have turned up lately. To me, it seems that far too many of our "good" Muslim citizens knew of this attack well in advance, and didn't think enough of us to let us know. Then there are the stories of them holding little WTC destruction parties in their homes and back yards. I know someone will be quick to hand me a tinfoil hat, but from here, it seems we're not only surrounded by the enemy, but we're being told to make nice with them.
7 posted on 10/12/2001 8:07:20 AM PDT by MizSterious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Fred Mertz; TerrOrWar
Thanks for the flag. I wonder for what building or establishment he was a security guard.

If you follow my TerrOrWar flags, you'll see the LA Times story this morning that says that one of the people law enforcement is seeking is a postal employee in NYC who went missing on Sept. 11.

I wonder if the rumors that a lot of Middle Eastern people didn't show up at the WTC on Sept. 11 will turn out to be correct. I take it the recipient of the warning in this story is in New York.

8 posted on 10/12/2001 8:12:15 AM PDT by aristeides

Any idea where he was a security guard? What's the nationality of all the parking lot attendants around here? Think they all come from the same country.
9 posted on 10/12/2001 8:26:06 AM PDT by lelio

To: Fred Mertz; Wallaby; rdavis84
security guard, huh?

this will be one to watch.

10 posted on 10/12/2001 8:47:10 AM PDT by thinden

We already knew there was a grand jury at work on this matter from stories like that about the San Antonio doctor being hauled to NYC to appear before the grand jury. It will be interesting to see who they end up indicting. I say the Clintons should at least be named as unindicted coconspirators!
11 posted on 10/12/2001 8:54:06 AM PDT by aristeides

To: thinden
Passing a lie detector test gives this guy some serious credibility; unfortunately the details and facts are scarce in this article. I'm sure it's by design, to protect the witness' identity.
12 posted on 10/12/2001 8:56:16 AM PDT by Fred Mertz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: thinden, Wallaby, Nita NuPress
"security guard, huh?"

Right now I'd wager that the "Security Co." is hauling butt out of there and their "ex" co-workers in the FBI are busy erasing all trace of them.

I hope Wallaby can catch a record or two before they're all gone. I'd suspect some publication mentioned the security company's name.

13 posted on 10/12/2001 1:01:55 PM PDT by rdavis84
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson