Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

COURT ASKED TO SANCTION BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT FOR OBSTRUCTIONIST CONDUCT IN WEN HO LEE CASE
Judicial Watch Press Release ^ | 11/15/01

Posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:14 PM PST by Rebeckie

11/15/2001 Press Office

202-646-5172

COURT ASKED TO SANCTION BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT FOR OBSTRUCTIONIST CONDUCT IN WEN HO LEE CASE

Repeated Obstructions In Defamation Case Against Accused Spy Wen Ho Lee

Contrary to Court Rulings, Bush Justice Lawyers Refuse to Make Witnesses, Documents Available

(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch, the public interest law firm that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, filed today a motion for sanctions against Bush Justice Department lawyers for obstructing discovery in a defamation case against accused spy and admitted felon Wen Ho Lee. Judicial Watch represents Notra Trulock, the former chief of the Energy Department’s intelligence operations, in his defamation claim against Lee and others for falsely accusing Trulock of racial bias in requesting that Lee’s actions be investigated.The case is before a federal court in the Eastern District of Virginia.

(A government inquiry, the results of which are known as the Bellows Report, found no racial bias. Over government objections, the Bellows Report was ordered released this past September by the court in this case.)

As but one example of the Justice Department’s obstructionist conduct, despite knowing since June that Reno would have to testify in this case, Justice Department lawyers waited until a little over a day before the Reno’s testimony was to take place before deciding that Reno would not be made available for testimony. Reno’s testimony was scheduled for last week. In the meantime, as former FBI Director Louis Freeh himself literally runs from Judicial Watch process servers, the Justice Department, contrary to any rule or law, has unilaterally said Freeh can not give testimony in this case. (If they testify truthfully, both Freeh and Reno are expected to provide helpful testimony for Trulock, by affirming that the government investigations of Lee were not racially motivated.)

“As with the Clinton Justice Department, there are many in the Bush Justice Department who believe they are above the law. We hope a federal judge will remind them otherwise,” said Judicial Watch Chairman and General Counsel.

A copy of the Judicial Watch motion for sanctions is available at http://www.judicialwatch.org/cases/trulockmtc.htm.

TOPICS: Front Page News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-48 next last

1 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:14 PM PST by Rebeckie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Howlin; Irma; Miss Marple; Dog Gone
PING!
2 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:14 PM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Rebeckie
Judicial Watch, the public interest law firm that investigates and prosecutes government corruption,

Geez another uselss JUDICAL WATCH IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOU crap! Hey Larry, if you PUBIC law firm investigates and prosecutes government corruption, why are Hitlery and Bill still walking around?

3 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:14 PM PST by Bommer

Larry Clymer is at it again!
4 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:15 PM PST by Yankee

LOL! JW was all that until they prove they go after corruption democrat or republican. Watch Larry get trashed below.
5 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:15 PM PST by vmatt

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

To: Dog
Dog, just curious..... Have you seen much in the news media about JW? Outside of their own PR and sometimes Newsmax picking them up do they get any coverage? Doesn't seem so or maybe I miss the coverage. If they weren't posted on FR poor ol' larr would have to take out advertising space to get his press releases seen....
7 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:15 PM PST by deport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: firehat; Scholastic; Snow Bunny; kristinn; BeAChooser; It'salmosttolate; George Frm Br00klyn Park
-
8 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:16 PM PST by Rebeckie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: deport
Larry is upset Fox wont put him on the air anymore..

Think this will get him on FOX ??

9 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:16 PM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Rebeckie, why did you decide to become a journalist? Just curious.
10 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:21 PM PST by BigWaveBetty

Didn't Geraldo make it to Fox? LOL.

Boy that really must float ol' larr's post toasties......

11 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:23 PM PST by deport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

I don't think that he cares about what FOX does anymore.
12 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:25 PM PST by Rebeckie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Atticus; DoughtyOne; Diogenesis; SES1066; dheretic; waxhaw; nancetc; Fiddlstix; stlrocket; backhoe
-
13 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:28 PM PST by Rebeckie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: BigWaveBetty
I want to go into Broadcast Journalism because that is the part of journalism that needs conservative journalists the most. Afterwards, I would like to someday go into written investigative journalism, because there are still alot of scandals out there haven't been investigated or gotten the coverage they deserve, such as the Boys on the Track Case. That is a prime unsolved murder case that should have gotten major media coverage and didn't because it most likely involves some high profile political cover-up and blatant murder that was covered-up by a Clinton state coroner.
14 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:31 PM PST by Rebeckie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: deport
Gee, I wonder if anything will come of this. I wonder if this "sanction" will get traction.

Most of all, I wonder who is funding Larry.

15 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:31 PM PST by Miss Marple
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Larry Klayman is kind of like the boy who cried wolf. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of his numerous lawsuits and court proceedings ever seem to lead to anything but press releases.
16 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:32 PM PST by Steve_Seattle

You know, when I think of all the good Klayman & Co. have claimed to have done, I always seem to finish the thought with how similar (and empty) x42 & his Bitch's claims are.
17 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:32 PM PST by harpu

my impression of larry is pretty well the same as that of
sanders saul... who are you, and why are you interrupting this important session?

haven't seen results from these guys, would cheer if i did,
but can't put much on it. maybe i'm just old, ornery and patient.

there's no there there.

18 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:32 PM PST by glock rocks

Previously posted and thoroughly ridiculed.
19 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:32 PM PST by Dog Gone

“As with the Clinton Justice Department, there are many in the Bush Justice Department who believe they are above the law. We hope a federal judge will remind them otherwise,” said Judicial Watch Chairman and General Counsel.

Unless there was a wholesale purge of Clintonistas when the pervert left, Larry is right on. But then, if a federal judge was going to remind them that they are not above the law, why didn't that judge do it years ago. I'm up to Chapter 9 on Barbara Olson's book and I'm getting more pissed at the judicial system in this country everytime I turn a page.

For what it is worth, Go Larry Go!

20 posted on 11/16/2001 1:20:33 PM PST by hattend

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-48 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson