Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Meet Me in the Stairwell
26 November | Anonymous

Posted on 11/26/2001 4:48:47 PM PST by Roy Tucker

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say “Good-Bye.” I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, “Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go.” > > > > > > >

I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn’t coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. “I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!” I said. “Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.” I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn’t hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; “Come to Me... this way... take my hand.” Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are “ready to go.”

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

GOD + + + +

OUR FATHER

During the next 60 seconds, stop whatever you are doing, and take this opportunity. (Literally it is only 1 minute.) All you have to do is the following: You simply say an “Our Father” for the person that sent you this message:

Next, you send this message to everyone you know. In a while, more people will have prayed for you and you would have obtained a lot of people praying for others

TOPICS: Announcements; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS: 8thanniversary; dailyprayer; eighthanniversary
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-44 next last
A little time for reflection after Thanksgiving.
1 posted on 11/26/2001 4:48:48 PM PST by Roy Tucker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Roy Tucker
Thank you Roy
2 posted on 11/26/2001 5:03:29 PM PST by JPR_Boise_ID
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Comment #3 Removed by Moderator

Other than the rather odd reference to the Lord's Prayer as an "Our Father" (author's Roman Catholic, I guess), that was really an interesting read.

Thanks.

TG

4 posted on 11/26/2001 5:07:32 PM PST by The Grammarian

This is an apalling example of self agrandisement. You are NOT any one of those people. We are ourselves and must deal with this and what happened to us in our own way. Do not try to take from those people their voices, their experiences. 9/11 was bad for all of us but none of us can pretend to know what it was like for those you so freely quote. To borrow their voices is to devalue the unique horror of their experience and to elevate ourselves at their expense. We were not there; we do not know; we can only imagine. We should not steal. To do so is arrogant and insensitive. (Sorry - I feel very strongly about this - I have been its victim and know how it is to have one's experience stolen, used, and turned to the selfish purposes of others interests.)
5 posted on 11/26/2001 5:17:35 PM PST by Gimlet

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

To: Gimlet
I guess one man's prayer is another man's curse. It's a shame you can't appreciate this. It brought me to tears.
7 posted on 11/26/2001 5:25:20 PM PST by stands2reason
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Thanks Roy. Brought a tear to my eye and a reminder He is always with us
8 posted on 11/26/2001 5:28:35 PM PST by billbears

To: stands2reason
The story showed a loving g-d, and the 'other' in the person of gimlet. I thank the writer and will pray for the objector!
9 posted on 11/26/2001 5:36:45 PM PST by OldFriend
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Roy Tucker; Gimlet
Thanks for posting this Roy Tucker.

Not for 9-11, but I lost my mother very recently and it hurts a lot still. And I read your post, and reading through it I know that it's gonna be okay.

God is good! *S* Thank you for posting this, becuase I just read it right when I NEEDED to! *S*

10 posted on 11/26/2001 5:45:32 PM PST by Happygal

God knows and does.
11 posted on 11/26/2001 6:12:45 PM PST by Roy Tucker

To: Happygal
I am sorry for your loss and I am glad it helped a little. God bless you.
12 posted on 11/26/2001 6:15:05 PM PST by Roy Tucker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

I have been its victim and know how it is to have one's experience stolen, used, and turned to the selfish purposes of others interests

I don't think that was the intent.

13 posted on 11/26/2001 6:19:28 PM PST by paul51

It's supposed to be a message from God. A footprints in the sand message. The author is not pretending to be a person who was there.
14 posted on 11/26/2001 6:20:29 PM PST by Shooter 2.5

To: Bobby777
BUMP
15 posted on 11/26/2001 6:24:11 PM PST by shaggy eel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them."

“Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me, now.”

Before saying an "Our Father" or other prayer I would suggest that all review the above thoughts and ask Jesus to come into their heart and forever be relieved of knowing "the way home." Great post that brings our frailties and priorities into focus real fast.

16 posted on 11/26/2001 6:26:02 PM PST by Rockyrich

To: paul51; Gimlet
No, the purpose was to say that God is always with us and to spread a little prayer in the world.
17 posted on 11/26/2001 6:29:09 PM PST by Roy Tucker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

thanks roy. i am trying to also reconcile the cloning tragedy. i will use this as inspiration.
18 posted on 11/26/2001 6:40:37 PM PST by mlocher

To: mlocher
Yes, the point about slippery slopes is they don't seem so slippery at the top. God is there to stop us going down the slide.
19 posted on 11/26/2001 6:47:07 PM PST by Roy Tucker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: GalFromTheBay
Also known as "Paternoster", the Latin equivalent. Catholic terminology.

Lord's Prayer is what I learned growing up Episcopalian.

-ccm

20 posted on 11/26/2001 7:38:55 PM PST by ccmay
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-44 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson