Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

911 - They Called - We Answered - Prayers for our Military
Sueann, Registered, LBGA | 11-27-01 | Sueann, Registered, LBGA

Posted on 11/27/2001 9:43:38 PM PST by Sueann

This thread is the culmination of several things. First of all, a Freeper suggested the heading graphic. As I read his description, it set things in motion. If you are that Freeper, please Freepmail me so we can give you proper credit. Of course, all of you recognize the author of the actual graphic - our own Registered. And ... last but certainly not least, our own LBGA who has volunteered to assist me in getting this thread launched.

When I first heard the graphic described, it reminded me of something we did in our church during Desert Storm. We made a large sign-up sheet and pinned it to a wall of the sanctuary. Everyone who had family members being called to the war were invited to place the name of their loved ones on the sign-up sheet. It didn't take long for the list to be filled. Everyday we had prayer at the church, and everyday we prayed for those on the list. EVERYONE ON THAT LIST RETURNED HOME SAFE. Although this is a different war. I believe GOD is still in the protection business, if you're willing to activate your faith for it.

The rules are: No last names, no location (either their base or where they have been shipped), and no rank. These restrictions are important because they might give signals we certainly do not want to give the enemy. The names will be listed in alphabetical order. Please be sure you include the first initial of the last name.

If you are a lurker here and you would like your family member included, you can e-mail me at sawooldridge@earthlink.net. However, I would prefer you Freepmail me - so that means you should sign in and get a Freeper name.

This thread is to allow you to have a place to focus your prayers for your loved ones.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against you can prosper

Isaiah 41:10 - Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God,
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

Psalm 91 (Amp). He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuse and my fortress, my God on Him I can lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust. For then He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. Then He will cover you and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge. His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that fly by day; Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you. Because you have made the Lord your refuge and the Most High your dwelling place, there shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.

Eddie A. - USMC
Sueann - Brother in law

Jody E. - USMC
Sueann - Nephew

Frank P. - USAR
Time.com

Greg - USN
mjaneangels - Brother

Tyler B. - US Army
LBGA - Son

TOPICS: Announcements; Foreign Affairs
KEYWORDS: dailyprayer
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021 next last

1 posted on 11/27/2001 9:43:38 PM PST by Sueann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Libloather; Glenn; nicmarlo; MarineDad; go star go; milagro
ping
2 posted on 11/27/2001 9:45:01 PM PST by Sueann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Tarzantheape; blastdad51; DittoJed2; LBGA; Registered; Prov3456
ping
3 posted on 11/27/2001 9:47:35 PM PST by Sueann

To: esther2; Azbushgal; GretchenEE; ohioWfan; rabidralph; whoever; Pegita; rstevens; JSteff
ping
4 posted on 11/27/2001 9:49:11 PM PST by Sueann

To: Severa; ValerieUSA; jwalsh07; CARTOUCHE; vladog; jude24
ping
5 posted on 11/27/2001 9:50:48 PM PST by Sueann

To: Sueann
BUMP!

Respecfully.

6 posted on 11/27/2001 9:51:53 PM PST by elbucko
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: bjcintennessee; deathscythex; mad_as_he$$; LibKill; John Robinson; John Clarke
ping
7 posted on 11/27/2001 9:52:20 PM PST by Sueann

To: mjaneangels@aolcom
ping
8 posted on 11/27/2001 10:05:49 PM PST by Sueann

BTTT I pray for them daily!
9 posted on 11/27/2001 11:08:58 PM PST by brat

Bump!
10 posted on 11/27/2001 11:51:57 PM PST by garycooper

Prayers for all of them, and those we don't know yet.
11 posted on 11/28/2001 2:38:35 AM PST by LBGA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

Thank you, Sueann. God bless all of our courageous men and women in uniform. They must know our Lord in ways that we cannot imagine. They are in my prayers.
13 posted on 11/28/2001 5:05:02 PM PST by esther2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

a bump from a grateful civilian.
and nothing but good thoughts for the family that lost their son working for the CIA.
14 posted on 11/28/2001 5:08:15 PM PST by VOA

Thanks for the ping.

Michael C.; US Navy; bjcintennessee - son.

Hope I gave you enough info. God Bless.

15 posted on 11/28/2001 6:54:07 PM PST by bjcintennessee

To: 68-69TonkinGulfYatchClub
Ping!
16 posted on 11/28/2001 9:21:55 PM PST by Sueann

To: Sueann; All

Stop in and help support our military, their families and Vets!
Come on by and meet some very Patriotic FReepers.
See great graphics and posts and have a few laughs along the way.

New Thread Every Day!

17 posted on 11/28/2001 9:25:36 PM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

Thank you for doing this. I am praying daily for each and every one in our military.
18 posted on 11/28/2001 9:40:08 PM PST by whoever

With a grateful heart and a fervent plea, keep safe, O Lord, these loved ones ... and all who serve in the cause of freedom and justice.
19 posted on 11/29/2001 9:38:43 PM PST by Pegita
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Bumping, thanks for the ping.
20 posted on 11/29/2001 9:45:58 PM PST by Registered
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson