Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

PRAY FOR PRESIDENT BUSH - Day 448
www.prayforgeorgewbush.com ^ | 12/7/01 | ohioWfan

Posted on 12/07/2001 7:50:04 AM PST by ohioWfan

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress
my stronghold and my deliverer, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me.

O LORD what is man that you care for him,
the son of man that you think of him?
Man is like a breath;
his days are like a fleeting shadow.

Part your heavens, O LORD, and come down;
touch the mountains, so that they smoke,
Send forth lightening and scatter the enemies;
shoot your arrows and rout them.
Reach down your hand from on high;
deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters,
from the hands of foreigners
whose mouths are full of lies
whose rights hands are deceitful.

I will sing a new song to you, O God;
on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you,
to the One who gives victory to kings,
who delivers his servant David from the deadly sword.

Psalm 144: 1-10

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Dear Holy and Almighty Father, we praise You today for Your Omnipotence, Your Righteousness, Your Justice and Your Love!! We come before Your throne today humbly, realizing fully that we only have access to You through the blood of Your Son, Jesus, who has redeemed us from our sins. We know we are unworthy of Your love, and yet You have shown it to us in a way which is unfathomable to our finite minds. Lord, we thank You today for this Advent season, and for Christmas, when we celebrate the day that your precious Son came to earth to be born, to experience life as a human being with all its temptations and suffering, and to give His life, and rise again that we might share abundant and eternal life! How thankful we are that the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us so that we might truly see HIS glory!

We pray today for our President, thanking You for the mercy that You have shown to America in giving us a Godly leader, who seeks Your face. Bless him today in all that he says and does. Give him wisdom beyond measure, discernment and love, as he goes about the awesome task of leading this nation in a time of war against evil.

We are reminded today, on this 60th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, that the enemy continues to stalk the earth seeking for those whom he might devour. But we are also aware and confident, as is our President, that the battle belongs to the Lord. The victory has already been won, through Jesus Christ, our Lord!

Father, we ask especially today for Your hand of protection on our President and his family, and on our troops who are at this very moment risking their lives in the cause of freedom over opression; good against evil. We know that as we get closer to the evil doers hiding in caves, that You indeed can come down and touch the mountains, so that they smoke, and rout the enemies, and we pray that You would do so in Afghanistan at this time.

We thank You for the victory of truth over political ambition yesterday in the John Ashcroft Senate hearings, and we know that it was an answer to prayer. We thank You for the strong and Godly administration that George W. Bush has appointed, and we ask Your continued blessings on them.

Finally, Father, we ask that You bless this nation. We pray for continued spiritual renewal leading to a deep and real revival so desperately needed. We pray, as our President has asked us to, that You put a "shield over this country" and protect it from further harm by those who would seek to destroy our freedoms and our way of life.

Thank You, Father, that You keep Your promises, and thank You for the answers to our prayers!
In the precious name of Jesus, we pray, Amen!

1 posted on 12/07/2001 7:50:04 AM PST by ohioWfan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: DittoJed2; esther2; Azbushgal; GretchenEE; ohioWfan; rabidralph; whoever; Hila; califordubya...
Please join us in prayer for our President today!
2 posted on 12/07/2001 7:52:18 AM PST by ohioWfan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: ohioWfan
Amen.
3 posted on 12/07/2001 7:58:13 AM PST by marylina
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

AMEN!!
4 posted on 12/07/2001 8:02:36 AM PST by Miss Marple

Beautiful! God IS great!
5 posted on 12/07/2001 8:23:22 AM PST by shellylet

Thou kind Lord!

Thou kind Lord!
This gathering is turning to Thee.
These hearts are radiant with Thy love.
These minds and spirits are exhilarated by
the message of Thy glad-tidings.

O God! Let this American democracy
become glorious in spiritual degrees even as
it has aspired to material degrees,
and render this just government victorious.

Confirm this revered nation to upraise
the standard of the oneness of humanity,
to promulgate the Most Great Peace,
to become thereby most glorious and praiseworthy
among all the nations of the world.

O God! This American nation is worthy of Thy favors
and is deserving of Thy mercy.
Make it precious and near to Thee
through Thy bounty and bestowal.

6 posted on 12/07/2001 10:19:07 AM PST by Victoria Delsoul

Mighty God, Everlasting Father,

We praise You, Father, our bread of life, for nourishing us with Your Word, and with the strength that we need in order to do Your work. We thank You, light of the world for leading us out of darkness and showing us the way of salvation. We praise You, Good Shepherd for gentling leading us back on the path of righteousness when we stray. We glorify You, for You are the way, the truth, and the life and You show us the way to life eternal in the heavenly home you are preparing for us. We bow before You, the great I AM, for You alone are worthy to receive honor, glory, and blessing.

Father, please forgive the sins of our nation, and help us to return to You as the prodigal son returned to his father. Help us to present to You broken and contrite hearts, Lord, and let our tears of sorrow water the seeds of revival in America. Cleanse us, renew us, and breathe new life into this nation, so that we may honor You and walk in Your ways.

We pray, Merciful Father, that You would lead us out of the storms that surround us. Shield us from acts of terror and those who hate us because we love You. Defend us with Your heavenly armies, Lord, and help us not to live in fear of what man may do to us. You are mighty and omnipotent, God of our strength, and we pray for You to arise and scatter those who seek the ruin of America. Please give wisdom to all our military men and women who are coming to our aid, and let Your angels surround them. We pray for a swift end to this war, Lord, and the safe return of our sons and daughters to their homes.

Father, we pray that the peace that passes all understanding would be present in President Bush’s heart, and that it would keep his mind focused on You and Your truths. We pray that he would cast all his cares upon You, for You care for him. Let him not be afraid, Lord, for You make him dwell in safety. You supply all his need according to Your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Let him have great peace because he loves You and Your laws, Lord, and let nothing offend him. You carry all the burdens of the Presidency for him, and his heart is not troubled. Thank You for giving him Your peace. Thank You for filling his mind with wisdom and for making straight the path before him. Thank You for all the gentle whisperings of the Holy Spirit, telling him of Your will. Thank You for allowing us to have a leader who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Great is Your faithfulness, Lord. We are blessed by Your presence in our lives. Help us in turn to be blessings to others, that our lives may be our gift to You. Accept these humble prayers in the name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Amen.

7 posted on 12/07/2001 11:13:27 AM PST by Faith

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!
Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee, Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee, Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee, Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee, Perfect in power, in love, and purity.
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!

Remembering in prayer those lost on Pearl Harbor Day and the lives affected everywhere. Remembering in prayer those serving in the military today to protect our freedom and liberty. And mostly, praying for our President that he be safe, be sensitive to the Lord's guidance and be blessed by God each and every day in every aspect of his life.

8 posted on 12/07/2001 1:43:55 PM PST by whoever

Prayer, thank you and bump!!!
9 posted on 12/07/2001 2:55:41 PM PST by manna

BEAUTIFUL PRAYER!

Heavenly Father, I praise You tonite for Your grace and mercy in our lives, where would we be without YOU! We worship You the Holy God in awe of You power and glory. I pray You would let us see Your power and glory.

Father, I thank You for a Christian president and pray You will watch over him and direct his steps. Please watch over his family also. May he see You and understand Your will through Your Word and prayer daily.

Lord, I pray for the service men and women that You will keep them under the shadow of You wings. Put a hedge of protection around them and keep them from the evil one.I pray the same for the law enforcement also. Thank You for John Ashcroft and what You are accomplishing through him.Keep him safe and healthy.Please watch over the airlines and keep them safe.

I pray for our country and am grateful for the National Day of Reconciliation, may we keep that repentant attitude all year long.Please watch over Christians in other countries and keep them from Muslims who are evil. Give favor and power to the Christians . Thank You that America is sending military to help rescue the missionaries in the Philippines we pray to that end. May the military push the rebels out of that country for the sake of Your Son.

Lastly, Lord, I pray for the faithful pray-ers here that You will continue to add to our numbers and enlarge our territory. Please fill us with Your Spirit and lead us and guide us to stand in the gap for America, in Jesus Name, Amen.

10 posted on 12/07/2001 6:22:36 PM PST by califordubya

Amen
11 posted on 12/07/2001 7:50:27 PM PST by wendelmyer

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson