Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

A Quick Primer on Political Correctness (For Dummies)
Political Correctness ^ | Comrad Z

Posted on 12/31/2001 6:34:42 PM PST by Enough is ENOUGH

Political Correctness for Dummies

Article humorously and factually defines PC buzz words and then explains PC by ingeniously connecting all of the buzz words.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Political Humor/Cartoons
KEYWORDS:
The PC Crowd separates humanity into two groups: 1) white euro descended males who should feel guilt for the privilege of being born as white euro descended males and, 2) oppressed people (all others by categories assigned to them by the PC Crowd).
1 posted on 12/31/2001 6:34:42 PM PST by Enough is ENOUGH
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: IronJack; ladyinred; bulldog905; andrew; Centurion2000; Fractalsphere; american spirit...
I thought you might find this article interesting since you responded to an earlier "PC" thread of mine.
2 posted on 12/31/2001 7:06:05 PM PST by Enough is ENOUGH
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Enough is ENOUGH
Good point here:

DWEMs (Dead, White, European Males)—White guys are the PC movement’s equivalent of Satan. The PC crowd especially likes to go after fellows like Aristotle, Plato and Jefferson, who supposedly have managed to somehow become indirectly responsible for supporting all the racism, sexism, and oppression in the known world. Unfortunately, not all “people of color” realize this. For instance, when thousands of Chinese students died at Tiananmen Square in 1989 demanding democracy and freedom, they were quoting Thomas Jefferson and parading a model of the Statue of Liberty. The PC crowd thinks they should have been busy studying the writings of Marx and Lenin. (Marx and Lenin were white guys, too, but that’s beside the point.)

3 posted on 12/31/2001 7:37:38 PM PST by SolitaryMan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: SolitaryMan
Here is a link to another thread on "Political Correctness" that may be of interest to you.

The more aware we become of PC the easier it will be to identify and hopefully combat. I read that the universities are most responsible for spreading it as they try to influence their students. They also influence the government as many government programs and policies are initiated by university professors and through their writings.

4 posted on 12/31/2001 9:44:23 PM PST by Enough is ENOUGH
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

For Dummies...Duh.. whats a dummie? Don't start using big words around me!!
5 posted on 01/01/2002 4:29:45 AM PST by exmoor

What? No mention of guns, environmentalism, global warming, property rights, rights period, guns, machine guns, hand guns, stun guns. I'm stunned.
6 posted on 01/01/2002 4:41:54 AM PST by wita

Happy New Year!

Oh, I forgot. I can't say that. The calendar was created by Dead White Men.

(They have figured that out, right?) ;-)
7 posted on 01/01/2002 6:03:42 AM PST by cgbg

Thanks. Humorous and informative at the same time.
8 posted on 01/01/2002 7:10:48 AM PST by bulldog905

Here's another PC article that you might find interesting.

THE DAMAGE FROM PC & DIVERSITY TRAINING

9 posted on 01/01/2002 8:12:55 AM PST by stlrocket

They don't write a book on Political Correctness that's simple enough for me to understand. Do they have any with pictures? (-;
10 posted on 01/01/2002 8:18:27 AM PST by firewalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Enough is Enough and all...this letter says it beautifully, I don't know who the author is.

Subject: A message for the other 10% "I'm as patriotic as anyone. In the wake of September 11 and the evil that was done to the United States, I fly my flags and mourn with our Nation. But I want to take a minute to pick on some people. Please understand, I love the way our nation has come together in the last two months. I saw a recent poll that President George W. Bush has a 90% approval rating- the highest ever for an American President. But, please tell me: Who are the other 10%?

They are a professor at The University of North Carolina, who called on Bush to apologize. Yes, apologize to the world for American Imperialism. That this is our fault.

They are Jesse Jackson, who said that America is now a "police state" and we will lose our "civil liberties." That racial profiling will rule, and we will lose our freedom.

They are college students across our Nation that carry "peace" symbols, yet threaten to vandalize any fire truck in Berkley, CA. that flies the American flag.

I will deal with them one by one:

First, to the college professor: You are a fascist idiot. And I am chilled knowing that you and people like you are teaching America's youth. You are no American, and should be deported to Cuba on the next draft headed that way.

Second, to Jesse Jackson: Thank you for your kind words at a time when America is pulling together. Nothing like a moron like you to stir up dissension during our darkest hour. Don't forget, Jesse, that people died for our freedoms long before you "blessed" us with your forgettable presence. That freedom comes with a price. And if you aren't willing to pay that price, then shut up, go visit your mistress, and stay off my TV! Also stay out of Las Vegas, to promote a union, Give the business a chance, they just got 2000 people to work.

And lastly, to the college students: You have no idea what you have. You've been fed with a silver spoon, bought from the closest Saks in your suburban neighborhood, and you have not the slightest inkling of the threat posed to America. Grow up. Get a job. Try balancing that job with a wife or husband, a couple of kids, and a mortgage payment. Try wondering how to spread yourself just thin enough you don't crumble. And try being so many things to so many people, who depend solely on you. Worry about their futures for a change, instead of yours. See beyond your boyhood blinders in a world where there are people that would like nothing more than to take you down. To destroy those freedoms you have not even begun to understand. And learn to find strength in your beliefs and your flag, because when Daddy cuts off the money supply, that's all you've got left!

I have heard many people the last few days start to waiver in their vengeance. Poor Afghanistan. They are a troubled people ravaged by war and famine. They have done nothing wrong, and now many innocent people will die.

People, understand this: New Yorkers are digging through rubble, trying to find bodies so loved ones can bury them. Problem is, they are only finding body parts. There were about 15 day care centers in the World Trade Centers. 15. Each one had about 25 children in them. That's almost 400! And when I see on TV, a Fire Fighter crying because he can't stomach the idea of seeing just one more child's leg, arm, head, or part of a torso charred in the rubble--dismembered to the point where parents and loved ones are asked to bring their toothbrushes so that they can identify them by DNA.

Where the stench of death haunts the air to the point where it chokes you. Where nearly 4,000 crushed, burned, mutilated bodies rest buried under thousands of tons of rubble that used to be jobs to nearly 50,000 people.

Where melted crayons and toys cling to the sides of steel girders where children used to play. And where those children now lay dead--no futures--no tomorrow.

To those who are losing their stomachs for vengeance: I say, do not forget. Do not ever, ever, forget. America cannot, will not, tolerate this. Ever. Under no circumstances. Not here. Not our children. Not our parents, our brothers or our sisters. Ever. And if innocent people, in a land far away, have to become "collateral damage" to avenge the deaths of our innocent? I say: So be it. Remember, this is our way of life we are defending. Our freedom. Our freedom to live day to day, not in terror, but in the pursuit of happiness. The broader spectrum here is the future of our way of life. If innocent people are killed while we rid the world of this evil--that can anytime come back and kill even more of us--then that is the price to pay. Think about that the next time you see a child.

"God Bless America."

11 posted on 01/03/2002 12:58:50 PM PST by yoe

I think the monuments in DC (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, etc. need an addition to the carved letters):

"Dead White Men and Proud Of It!"

Will the PC crowd even allow these statues of those "evil slave-holders" to remain or shall they be replaced by the obscure and absurd icons of the PC crowd?

(Be warned--every crazy suggestion I have made about what the Left plans becomes their agenda twenty years later. :-( The only one I have gotten wrong is that I predicted a "plant's rights movement". That one just dosen't seem to have caught on...yet. ;-) )
12 posted on 01/18/2002 7:53:18 AM PST by cgbg

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson