Since Dec 17, 1999
The two men pictured above: Left, Watts Gunn - Right, Bobby Jones. Both from the same club in Atlanta called East Lake Country Club (now East Lake Golf Club). In the 1925 USGA National Amatuer Championship at Oakmont Country Club in Pennsylvania both men appeared in the final round of match play for the championship. It was and still is the only time in any major golf tournament that the final two match play contestants were from the same home course. How did they handle it? Bobby Jones turned to his long time friend on the first tee and asked: "the usual bet?".
Jones won the bet and the championship 8 and 7.
You may be an income tax lover if you:
1. believe that taxing the creation of wealth is better for the economy than taxing the wealth when it is spent.
2. believe that returning peoples tax payments to them is welfare.
3. have no problem with a tax code that is wordier than the Bible.
4. believe the IRS is a good department and does a good job.
5. believe that the worst thing you could do is tax the wealth of old geezers who are living off of the sweat of the younger workforce.
6. love to tell everyone you see that the FairTax was created by Scientologists.
7. believe that what Bruce Bartlett says is the gospel and that scores of other credentialed economists are only paid shills.
8. have a habit of going to online chat rooms and posting insults about the Fairy Taxers.
9. think that calculating a tax the same way as the tax it is replacing is dishonest.
10. think the economy has always been fine under the income tax.
11. call the FairTax a cult because you cant think of anything else to say.
12. believe that cutting one tax by 25% and raising another by the same amount is inflationary.
13. think inflation is caused by high taxes.
14. think Milton Friedman is an idiot.
15. have a soft spot in your heart for European style VATs.
16. wrote the ten planks to the Communist Manifesto.
17. think the prebate is Marxist but not the Communist Manifesto.
18. sell some sort of tax advantaged product.
19. claim you clamor for tax reform but have no earthly idea how to do that.
20. ...howl in outrage when the BATF violates the 2nd Amendment but have no concerns when the IRS violates the 1st, 4th and 5th Amendments.
21. ...believe that having the bottom 50% of income earners pay little or nothing to the government has the best chance of limiting that government.
22 ...think that business taxes aren't priced into goods and services.
23. ...think that people give to charity just because there is an income tax.
24. ...believe there is nothing you can do about congress.
25. ...believe that the only reason people buy houses is to take advantage of the mortgage deduction.